C.O.W. #238. Turpiggen (Epic Feast Beast) - VOTING!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Pick your poison for this epic feast:

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • ryansumo

5 9.26%
  • Zeitwolf

2 3.70%
  • ZenithDeLunaris

0 0%
  • Arbinn

31 57.41%
  • Si_Swe

1 1.85%
  • J-Sun

2 3.70%
  • (lark

13 24.07%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 531 Posts
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. #238. Turpiggen (Epic Feast Beast) - VOTING!

C.O.W. #238 TURPIGGEN (EPIC FEAST BEAST)_Voting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND #238 VOTING

Topic: Turpiggen

Round Requirements (Read BEFORE Voting!):
    - the creature must be equal parts turkey, and pig.

- the creature is manmade so it doesn't have to have physiology based on survival. Just on having large amounts of edible parts.

- you may decide to show your creature alive, or after its been cooked and served up for an epic feast!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Si_Swe; December 1st, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: ryansumo

Concept: Turkig

Man's quest for the meatiest meal resulted in the magnificently fleshy Turkig. While all the fleshy bits were amped up to maximum meatification, scientists could ill afford to spend time making the beast look pretty, resulting in a hideous mug that only a mother Turkig could love.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ryansumo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Zeitwolf

Concept: Sauputer
    The complete deciphering of all endotherm genomes was first successfully done by the East Coast based breeding company Sus & Meleagris in 2062. Keeping their secret all to themselves S&M scientist created mammal-bird and even male-female crossbreads, of which the Sauputer (from German 'Sau' = 'female pig' and 'Puter' = 'male turkey') is the most popular among customers even today. It combines a huge amount of meat, the taste a mix of turkey and piglet. The only downside, chefs and housewifes keep on complaining, are feather stuck in the skin in particularly the parts that are usually prepared with skin.

Name:  cow238zeitwolfturpiggen.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  183.3 KB

Last edited by Zeitwolf; November 30th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeitwolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: ZenithDeLunaris

Concept: Gobbloinker

description: Leave it to America to create some abomination just to fatten the populace. With a turkey's breast meat and a belly made for bacon one gobbloinker can feed a family of 4 for a week, if they don't tire of all the leftovers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ZenithDeLunaris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Arbinn

Concept: Shankibirds

This yummy hybrid comes with abundance of snouts and pieces of meat that are easy to separate from the rest of the bird. You can even rip them off a live thing and they'll grow back!

"Shankies" are not recommended as pets for families with small children. They are temperamental creatures that can peck painfully.

Order yours today! Only 299,99$!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arbinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Si_Swe

Concept: Poulthog 04

"We're still working some stuff out with our Poulthog's, but they make a damn good batch of Turkey-Bacon..."
    - Garth Withers, Lead Geneticist on Project Sandwich

Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    Art Blog:May Contain Dragons; Personal Website; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: J-Sun

Concept: Turpiggen
    In the year 2020 American scientists in search of glutonous glory decided to cross breed animals that are traditionally eaten at feasts.
    The combination of the turkey and the pig yielded the Feast Beast commonly referred to as a Turpiggen.
    Turpiggen's typically have between 8 and 12 legs and 10 to 16 "wings". Despite having so many legs the Turpiggen is not capable of much movement and remain pretty much stationary in their feeding pods for duration of their lives. Force fed from "birth" (Turpiggens are actually hatched) a Turpiggen grows at a remarkable rate, its legs barely able to lift its weight or even touch the ground after a few weeks.

Although the Turpiggen was designed to be a fusion of Turkey and Pig, most would agree they taste like chicken...

Last edited by J-Sun; November 30th, 2011 at 11:05 PM.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to J-Sun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: (lark

Concept: Mcorp. experimental breed 238 "turpiggen"
    in the year 2020 a major fast food chain brought together a group scientists to breed a new menu item. what they came up with is the turpiggen, a cross between turkey, and pig. the controversial breeding came to a head the next year when mcdonalds released their ad campaign. the ad was widely received by the public as being "too honest"

Name:  turpiggen.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  156.2 KB

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to (lark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Poll is up! Go to it. I voted for Arbinn, whose pose I thought was really dynamic. I loved the integration of the various pig parts into an otherwise entirely avian design.

Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    Art Blog:May Contain Dragons; Personal Website; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just want to say most of these are disgusting abominations you people thought up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaoz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chaoz I totally agree. Myself included. Almost went vegan after this one.

Arbinn voted for you because its the kind of awesome that I was lookin for. Super awesome!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to (lark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    j-sun would of been my second pick because it looks like it was designed for eating.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, let's vote for the most disgusting entry! ;-)
    Seeing all the spitting saliva now, I must admit my girl-entry is much too cute.

Voted for J-Sun because this one definitly got "lots of edible parts".

Maybe this is not the right place to say it, but we're doing much crueler things to our food-delivering animals nowadays than crossbreeding. Breeding pigs with some more pairs of ribs is the most harmless of those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a long time since I gave any feedback and this round is very small so I can write some C&C now without having to spend two hours typing. ^^

ryansumo I love the expression and style of your work. The body looks fluffy and the feathers are convincing. The lighting in the back leg seems wrong though. The highlight goes on thorough the length of the leg when it should fade into shadows around the middle part. This makes the leg look flat. I also have some difficulties seeing where the leg actually starts. I think that without the back half of the hind leg, the creature would look more compact and you wouldn't have a problem with the continuous highlight or the uncertainty of where the leg starts.

Zeitwolf I like the style of your sauputer. The smooth colors with enough visible brush stroke along with the subtle outline really please my eyes. You could have included better perspective to your work by making the farther legs smaller. The eye seems to be too high as well. Even if it's part of the design it looks wrong to me.

ZenithDeLunaris Good basic work. I like the rich colors and the little wing you included. By making the other two legs behind the creature visible you could have added more depth into your work.

Si_Swe I like the anatomy you have going on in your work and the little chest wing looks great! The head just seems a bit out of place. As if it was just slapped on top. Maybe if you had made the transition between the two different skin textures smoother and tilted the head back it might work better?

J-Sun Really good design and well executed as well. I feel that the creature is very flat though which is pretty much the only complaint I have about it. You were the second best on my list this round.

(lark I voted for your entry. The design is simple yet has enough unique features in it to keep the creature interesting. I was about to write how I thought your design was boring, but then I had a closer look and realized how cool it actually was. The execution is very good as well. The only downside is the McDonalds logo. I think that to make it work you should have made the rest of the picture fit that theme better. But that is a small nuisance in the otherwise great picture!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arbinn For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 3