Sketchy style Brush stroke input lag(cs4)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchy style Brush stroke input lag(cs4)

Hey guys,

Just thought I would share an issue I'm having with the community and see if anybodies having the same kind off problem.

I'm running Photoshop cs4, and I find that I'm having a type of lag which is pretty hard to explain, when my pen is pressed down on my Cintiq screen and i drag the pen from one side of the screen to another, I have no problems with the line keeping up, and everything seems to run fine, but when I start drawing in a more sketchy pen on and pen off manner, the strokes seem to take a while to process onto my screen, which is very aggravating, the best phrase I can come up with too describe it is a kind off sketchy style brush stroke input lag, If i draw slower and more relaxed the input speed is fine, but the trouble is..I like to sketch which means the pace I'm putting strokes down is kind off fast. I have tried disabling OPENgl etc but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I usually work at around 2000 by 1700 pixels at 300 resolution, but even If i make the canvas around 1000 pixels by 700 I still get lag, I also checked if it was a fault on my cintiq, but i get the same problem if I draw using my mouse onto my ordinary monitor

Here are my basic system specs.

AMD phenom quad core 9500 ~ 2.2GH'z
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600
    6gb ram

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks,
    Luke

( edit )

Turning off all my programs seems to fix this, but with the specs I have I don't see why I having iTunes ( or other similair programs ) on is having such a profound effect on photoshop

Last edited by lukey120292; November 21st, 2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Disable Cool'n'Quiet, it underclocks the CPU to 800MHz when idling.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.