Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: MrFrenik's Sketchbook

Thanks

MrFrenik's Sketchbook

Hi all! Just joined up with this site after following it for quite a while and am excited to contribute and being a part of this community. I'll start off with posting a few sketches/studies I've done recently. Thanks for any crits/advice/simple comments I get from anyone!

Latest work at the end. You know this already!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by MrFrenik; May 20th, 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Need a more up-to-date front picture
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Figure/tonal study. Also trying to get a better handle on using the brushes in Photoshop more effectively.

Thanks
    A recent design I did. Lineart was inked by hand in Photoshop, not too happy with colors/shading but I learned quite a bit from it.

Thanks
    Random figure sketches without reference.

Thanks
    Sketching with reference to "The Sartorialist", by Scott Scuman. Great resource for a variety of styles of clothing, fashion, etc.

Thanks
    Thanks for dropping by my SB! Your stuff looks really good! As far as critiques goes.. Some of the figures in your last drawing by memory look stylized and less realistic. however, I really like the way that looks but in case you were trying to go for a realistic look I think certain things like the waist on the top right figure gets quite narrow and in the bottom middle figure there is what looks like a rather sharp edge on her leg. although It is hard to tell. I personally really like the way those figures look. They have their own unique character to them!

Thanks
    Loomis study today on arms while out at my favorite sandwich shop in town. I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to focus more when not at home. It's going to make me broke, methinks.

Thanks
    Your cartooning style is pretty fresh bruz, i think you should work on that more and evolve it, get into some graphic art type shizz and really make it wicked.

Thanks
    Jarrad - Thanks for the reply and stopping by my SB. I agree, the figures are quite rough so I think I make them "feel" right as much as possible by stylizing them, although I know that can only get me so far, which is why I study anatomy/figure drawings like a beast right now!

A Faux - Thanks to you as well for the reply and views. I actually threw around the idea of doing logo/mascot design. I used to be in a band and did all the artwork for it and thought about continuing that on a wider base.

Thanks
    These are a new "series" of sketches I'll start up in my online sketchbook titled "Work Sketches" in which, you've guessed it, I'll be posting sketches that I do while at work. I'm a server at a popular restaurant here in town and in order to keep the peace (and my job ) as much as possible, I'll be "censoring" any mention of the name on all of these sketches. A few of them are just random fun bits, others are the start of other ideas that I carried to completion ( doodle monkey and the gangster), and then there's the start of a technique that I came up with recently to help me "invent" poses from my imagination. I call it the "scribble technique" where I do just that: scribble in an allotted space on a page and then try and find a figure pose from that. It's been very interesting in helping me work out rather complicated poses and has shown much of my weaknesses for drawing the human figure in certain perspectives. I'll continue to post more of this exercise as I do them.

Thanks
    Working with rhythm in the figures. This is where I really began to feel the figure drawing becoming fluid and more instinctual.

Thanks
    A portrait of my friend Carrie that I did (by mouse, ugh) when I first got into Photoshop. I really liked the way this one turned out, other than the hair.

Thanks
    More figure drawings. The last one is more of the scribble technique that I use to come up with poses from imagination.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast