Architecture critique...?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Architecture critique...?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Architecture critique...?

I'm studying architecture, and I'm having problems with some of my classes.

I've taken a lot of theorical classes, but I'm new to the practical ones, the ones where I actually have to design a place, make scale models, croquis, etc... Those are the classes that are taking me down, mostly because I'm still unable to see small details that can harm the whole idea. I've tried asking my teachers or classmates, but they can't give me a good reason nor explain me a way to understand the assignments (or one that I can understand, probably since I'm getting emotional from the frustration).

So, my question is: Where can I get critique for my assignments? I don't have too many problems with my croquis nor with my drafts (I can ask for critique in the critique center), but my problems are in things like the plan of a project, some details that can be deleted (like a hallway that is useless), things that aren't necessary (like a tall roof), etc...

I don't want to get my work done, but I want to get another view on it, maybe someone can see something in it that I haven't.

Any idea? :C

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Try using Sketchup. My Brother uses it for his building projects. Can save a lot of headaches when you realise that there is a lack of headroom on that staircase.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Can you post anything you've done that would give us an idea of specifically where you're having a problem?

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Members who have read this thread: 1