Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks
    shockowaffel: thanks! I was pretty lazy with some of those. I actually have the RP stuff but lately i've been using other construction methods. I think they are still visible in a lot of these upcoming drawings.

Here is some stuff from this week or so.. the more I do, the less I want to upload because: A) It takes time .. and B) there gets to be so much that it takes a while to upload.. but then I realized that any advice and criticism I can get on my work would be great.. so here it goes!!! stuff! The mech's aren't mine.
    All of the figures are 1min poses with some 5min poses as well.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If you dont like uploading a lot, just dont do it. ^^
    Work and skribble a while and if something uploadworthy comes around, put it in your sketchbook, but if not...well, then not. There's no rule on CA that you must show everything.
    btw, do you know a good (free) tutorial on drawing the human eye ?

Thanks
    shockowaffel: Good advice! Here are a couple of links to some loomis pages with eyes on them. I like to think of them as 3d forms and I also imagine the entire eye when drawing it (which includes most of what we can't see)

http://kathyoconnellsart.files.wordp...oomis_eyes.jpg
    http://www.frankenstein.com/images/loomis.gif

a still life.. I don't think I push the values enough?
    and two faces. one was done in a car ride on the way to a DnD session and the other was done while listening to my friend's band play muuusic!

Thanks
    stüff

Thanks
    Hi mate, thanks for your comment

Looks like we're at a comparable level with roughly the same amount of drawing experience... now I'm gonna race you to the finish.

First one to get hired by ILM wins.

Go!

Thanks
    Kvetch: no problem! your stuff is very nice. I especially like the cars. This race has officially begun. HERE I GOOO

FIRST LEG OF THE RACE! Don't wanna scan stuff because it takes time and it was crappy anyways. heres some digital stuff that isn't really any better.. but it doesn't need to be scanned! time to get to work on colour!

Thanks
    The guns on the photostudy are looking awesome :o

I think the trick with perspective is to think about it all the time. I'm drawing both sides of the car, then erasing the hidden parts, hopefully it makes things more convincing, even if the perspective is still not accurate... I figure if I always at least think about perspective and try to draw both sides of everything, it'll become natural eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG6FsXrlhCE

Thanks
    mr kvetch, here are some cars. I HOPE YOU LIKE THEM!@!@

also... im spending a lot of time using pencils.. they are so appealing but so difficult to use. only one solution

Thanks
    Ooh, nice! The classic corvette style one is really cool

Think the supercar has too much overhang at the front? Makes the wheels look tiny and far apart.

Thanks
    kvetch: Thank you! I gotta catch up!! Is the super car the one in the bottom left? that left "wheel" is supposed to be the license plate but we can see how that turned out .. unless you were referring to something else. I have a model formula one car and I take pictures of it from different angles and whatnot. If you want some of the pictures to draw from just ask. I can't seem to find many good shots of actual formula cars so i got this one

always be nice to your neighbours

Thanks
    Hey, great job on the f1 car.

Here's what I mean about the previous cars:

Ps, thinking about this made me realize I made the same mistakes on mine. I didn't think about where the engine would be on any of mine... cars don't normally have much overhang at the front, especially not sports cars. Any weight in front of the front axle is bad for handling, which is why supercars are usually mid-engined.

Thanks
    Kvetch: Man you rule! Thanks for the help. you make really good points and now I'll be on the lookout for those potential mistakes in the future!!!

got a plaster cast in the mail today! there will be more drawings like this to come!

Thanks
    Ooh, nice study :o that's in pen, right?

Where did you get the plaster cast from? I want one

Thanks
    Kvetch: yaya its pen! I live in vancouver BC and the closest place I could find one was ontario O.o . I'm very glad that it arrived undamaged since it was transported allll the way across the country!

stoof

Thanks

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast