Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: redbull canimation

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

redbull canimation

http://canimation.redbull.co.uk/gallery#32110691

the bully

here is an animation i done for the redbull canimation competition made in lightwave using realflow for can dynamics aswell, havent done too much animation hoping to try enter as many comps nxt year just for a chance to build on my animation skills, if anyone knows any good one coming up please let me know

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,619 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The whole site refuses to load to me...

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi matey

It loaded fine for me TinyBird must be short of an update somewhere along the line.

Animation runs, but it could do with a preloader to run a bit smoother on slow connections, but I had no problems running it at all.

The story is a little tiny bit dis-jointed where did the box with the red button come from? An animation like this is a story with a clear start middle and end.
    For example he is walking drinking his red bull and finds the thing on the ground, bully turns up and gets in his face so he presses it and bully gets sorted.

It might have been in his hand but I certainly didnt see it mate so sorry if this is out of turn.
    Colours good, moves good, character designs pretty good too.

On the whole a thumbs up from me mate good one

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the reply i agree i had to cut it shorter than i wanted didnt find out about the comp till very close to the close date and been doing it in my spare time couls of done with 2 more days just to sort the things i wanted, but im gonna finish it off properly when i get time so any suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your models and lighting were better than the animation, I guess from what you 're saying that you have practiced more on those aspects.
    The motion feels stiff overall and unnatural. You didn't rig the fingers? That's a bit of a big foul . Other than that..
    Examples:
    -First camera, the head just slowly rotates downwards disregarding the reaction that the eyes show.
    -Third camera, the whole motion of the bully grabbing the drink and pushing the kid is not detailed enough and also those two things happen almost simultaneously which is not impossible, but kinda hard to pass to the viewer. You should add some pause in there.
    -When the cans drop on the bully, he becomes still. I guess you did that because of the reactor? It looks pretty weird still, try moving just the face a little at least it shouldn't interfere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i do alot more still illustrations really but this was nowhere near complete, really still in the blocking out stage the fingers are rigged but very minimal animation on them, wanted to add more detail to the characters in zbrush and texture them too was also planning on adding some soft dynamics to the bully but only managed to uplaod this an hour before the deadline, i am gonna finish it so your points are really helpful

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.