What to draw as a beginner through intermediate

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

What to draw as a beginner through intermediate

I am really bad at freehand drawing and try the DSG's but just get frustrated with them.

What do you all draw to begin with.

Like should I be drawing boxes
    Then once I get that down progress to a rounded edged box
    Then onto a sphere
    Then onto a face

Or what should I be drawing to start with so that I won't get frustrated with how badly it looks?

Everybody hears me but nobody listens.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    To do a freehand drawing you have to tave a lot of knowledge about the proportions and anatomy...;and hours of life drawing and training. By the way, try to draw a car with a freehand style... it´s very dificult!! So this mean that there are very cases that you cant omite (supress, delete) the basic rules of drwaing like cube, elipses etc....

to your answer... well, start with all of them at the same time.
    I am going to put the basic forms that is used (Or i usually used, it´s a very simple process drawing). It´s a spanish tutorial but it seems to me that there is an english version.

http://dreamers.com/dibujando/tutori...d&idtut=74&v=1

http://dreamers.com/dibujando/tutori...d&idtut=76&v=1

Well, I hope that this helped you.

Freelancer Artist

Thanks
    I remember the english link.. take a look

http://www.polykarbon.com/

Freelancer Artist

Thanks
    Personally, although I'm only a first year art student... I've come a VERY long way in drawing things the way they actually look.

It helps to be in a situation devoid of left-brain stimuli such as clear speech, numbers, words, etc. and try not to do a lot of logical thinking. Since the part of your brain that allows you to do things such as sketching is the right side, and in most people the two sides can not operate easily together until you have trained them to coexist with years of practice.

I advise just toting a sketch book with you as you go about your life. I do this and once in a while I'll see something I'd like to sketch and then I'll sit down or whatnot and just try and sketch it. Remind yourself not to really see geometric shapes but just the way the individual lines look. When you're drawing a line just focus on the way that one single line curves or points. For practice with subtle curves and arcs I recommend drawing flowers and simple plants... like young sprouts. For practice with more geometric shapes (which are harder because your mind will try to simplify them into more basic forms) try drawing buildings, storefronts etc. But that is only a suggestion. To be honest it's best to just draw things that you think you would ENJOY drawing

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks

tip

As a begginer i enjoyed drawing anythign i thought looked cool whether it turned out nice or not. And to draw lots of whatever subject adn mood make you happy, bc that is what art is about, the love of it!-_-

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.