Sketchbook: Leo Amorim Sketchbook

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Leo Amorim Sketchbook

Hey, guys... I'm looking for some advices, tips, opinion, critiques, curse words, whatever it takes to make me improve my art Hahaha...

I used to do my things in traditional, graphite and ink, but now getting in the digital art, still struggling with the softwares, but with you guys helping, i'm sure i can make it through. I post some random things, some pages from my comic book and one art made in Painter X. I still feel insecure about my draw, so if you have any advice to get more confident, please let me know...

OBS: "Proibido" means prohibited

Name:  Catwoman.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  34.3 KB
    Name:  PG14.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  110.3 KB
    Name:  PavoPB.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  73.0 KB
    Name:  PG10-1.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  106.9 KB
    Name:  War.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  162.8 KB
    Name:  Indian.Sir.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  328.0 KB

Hope post some fresh things soon! Cya, mates!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya,

This is a good start!! Hey I'm not that confident either, but always sketch in pen as this will build your confidence. As you can't rub it out, and your strokes will naturally become more bold and confident.

Like the story/comic image, thats sound looking.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, thanks a lot Rachel! That's a really good advice, actually... I never tried that...
    Pen shall be! Haha...

Thanks for the compliment on the comic, i'm really spending my time on those pages, more to come soon!

Take care, good woman! =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All you really need is to keep practicing. I mean, yeah there are perspective issues, and you could make more use of reference pics for the cars and the anatomy, but the big thing IMO is to continue practicing so you can better apply what you know. You can learn about line weight and spotting blacks from a book, but if you won't be good at it, it won't be natural, without practice. If you look at the difference between the first line art pages in XTIN, and the more recent ones - I haven't done any new reading on drawing, the improvement is all insights that come from drawing page after page after page. "Insight" may not even be the right word. For things like line weight and hatching, it's more of a better subconscious sense of what looks good, and can be done with the tools I use.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry didn't answer early, Jack...

Thanks for the advice, mate! I still didn't got any good book of anatomy for studies, but i must, quick!
    And about the insights, im already feeling that, the last pages i did (soon ill post), my style changed completely, i got more confortable with my style, still have doubts and problems for subjects, but i definetly having more "fun" with the draw, instead of struggling and not "letting flow"

Thanks guys! Really happy with the advices!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha! Very good! I like you B&W pieces! I see you have an eye for the details! It also seems to me that you have thorough knowledge of the anatomy but in these drawings you are not showing it too much!

I feel unable to give you any other crit than that, because I am still learning and I am still in the beginning.

I rate this thread 5 stars because I see a potential artist in you!

-G

P.S. - thank you for the comment on my drawings!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry the delay, Clanlord!

Oh man, thanks A LOT! Makes me really happy to hear that, bro!

About anatomy you just name it, i know where pieces go, i just can't make it fit right on the figure, ya know?! Pisses me off! HAahaha

Thank, bro... Hope getting in your level too! Soon as possible!

=D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for popping into my sketchbook. I think you're off to a good start. You know that you need to work on your fundamentals, and once you know that.. your path is laid out before you.

I actually am not crazy about JRJ's work.. it reminds me of Mike Mignola's only.. not as characterful. That being said, I actually liked his work in Eternals. I try to look all over and have done exercises attempting to capture the idea of some styles. My favorite comic artists are Sam Keith, Ramos Jr, Fransisco Herrara, Mike Mignola, Scottie Young, Tim Sale, Jim Lee, and the Kuberts.

You mentioned the group got quiet... well, we will have to fix that! I'm working hard on my study section for chests.. there are 24 segments!

Something for you to try to help you with your forms. Do a study of something that has a few complex curves. When you do your study don't draw anything except the outline, and don't shade. Then go in with a darker value and draw 4-6 pt lines that form around the curves. This will do a HUGE amount to help you understand the way things are put together and how to show it.
    I will keep in touch, and I hope to see more of your studies in the anatomy thread soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys...

The first two pages from my comic book... I know it's not in english, but soon i'll post the english version... If you can help me, by visiting the blog, that would be very cool!

And for sure... Give some crits, so i can improve =D

Take care all!

Name:  PG1-mod1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  495.0 KB

Name:  PG2-mod1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  475.3 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A character that i had in mind for quite long time... Still did not like the result, what you guys think?

Carry on

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  495.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Painting made using Corel Painter and ArtRage... The model is a friend of mine during her presentation.
    Play with colors was something quite fun and therapeutic, had been awhile since i been using only grayscale.

Crits and comments are welcome!

Name:  135_max.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  225.2 KB

Members who have read this thread: 1