Could use some wise words - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could use some wise words

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Can't you take a sabbatical and get yourself sorted once and all? You sound like you're getting pulled in all directions when you need to heal.
    I was thinking about it but I ultimately decided against it. School is the best thing in my life right now - I went even crazier this summer without that feeling of purpose. A great portion of my social life is tied up in this school and the pressure itself is helping me coax the problem out - I'm exceptionally good at concealment otherwise. If I quit I will consider myself a failure. It would be the third time I quit school.

I am taking everything at a more relaxed pace right now even though I know this school is about learning to manage deadlines. I'm also taking my therapy days off as it takes a lot out of me. Luckily the notes count to excuse my absences.

EDIT: Actually if I quit school I lose my loans and financial aid and therefore my apartment.

And I think al might be onto something. While perceived as depression/mania, I think honestly I go through cycles of self punishment. I binge eat to make myself fat so I have logical reasons to make myself feel ashamed.

Last edited by Pezz; November 20th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
    "Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My DeviantArt Profile: http://dyspezzia.deviantart.com/
    My Portfolio:
    http://www.pezzworks.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I aspire to greatness but all I can seem to produce is disappointment and stagnation.

All it took today was a $20 jump in my electrical bill. Shit on a shit pile. Now I've just been curled into a ball for a while.

"Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My DeviantArt Profile: http://dyspezzia.deviantart.com/
    My Portfolio:
    http://www.pezzworks.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hell, Pezz, that's perfectly natural when money's tight. Now go make yourself some hot chocolate and marshmallows. You're feeling low, but you'll get past this; you know you will.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alesoun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a big proponent of therapy and treatment if any is needed... for me those two have been a life-saver, literally.

Yes, the process can be painful, but things to get better. If it's too painful that it makes it impossible to get through the therapy, there are options to get come very mild medication, just to take the wort edge off, so you can get through it.

A little bit like taking an advil, when you have a bad headache.

Noways there is a lot less stigma about these things too (compared to 25 years ago when I first started experiencing crap, and thought for a long time, I just have to hide it and suffer through it... turns out I just made things a lot more miserable for a long time.) Lot of things are very treatable, so that you don't end up having to worry about being a risk for potential employers (as long as you are taking good care of yourself)

Of course, different conditions work a bit different, so YMMV... In my case, they experimented with several tentative diagnosis till they find something that works. Seemed like depression or PTSD for a while, but it turns out I was much more responsive to anxiety specific treatments.

*sending you big hugz*

Last edited by Conniekat8; November 21st, 2011 at 12:38 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Conniekat8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art can be therapy but what happens when it is the stresser? I know exactly how you feel. Some times this means you need a break. Or maybe this will help.

"Surely there is something in the unruffled calm of nature that overawes our little anxieties and doubts; the sight of the deep-blue sky and the clustering stars above seems to impart a quiet to the mind."
    -Jonathan Edwards

Mosaic is the art of making images, patterns or abstract visuals with an assemblage of small pieces of colored glass, stone, or other materials. It may be a technique of decorative art, an aspect of interior decoration, or of cultural and spiritual significance as in a cathedral. Small pieces, normally roughly cubic, of stone or glass of different colors, known as tesserae, (diminutive tessellae), are used to create a pattern or picture. I employ abstract mosaic ideas.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mosaicideas For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.