Sketchbook: An amateur at best
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: An amateur at best

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

An amateur at best

So I've been lurking around here for a bit... And I finally decided to make an account! I usually use deviant art but this seems cooler to me... I'm not looking for a huge response to my art, but critiques and tips are always appreciated! Right now I am doing a 30 day challenge of sorts.. I want to draw one portrait every day for just 30 days to see how far I get, and if I make it I'll up it to 60 days, or at least until I reach the point where they take more than a day to draw! I also enjoy drawing figures and landscapes. Still life is okay, like a more available version of landscape I guesss... I've always drawn but now it's become more of a passion. Okay this just became too long, here are some pictures.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by chartwin; April 14th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by chartwin View Post
    So I've been lurking around here for a bit... And I finally decided to make an account! I usually use deviant art but this seems cooler to me... I'm not looking for a huge response to my art, but critiques and tips are always appreciated! Right now I am doing a 30 day challenge of sorts.. I want to draw one portrait every day for just 30 days to see how far I get, and if I make it I'll up it to 60 days, or at least until I reach the point where they take more than a day to draw! I also enjoy drawing figures and landscapes. Still life is okay, like a more available version of landscape I guesss... I've always drawn but now it's become more of a passion. Okay this just became too long, here are some pictures.
    Welcome to CA Chartwin! At this moment I personally can't give you any tips aside from "make sure you draw from life" which can include still-lives (even if you do find them slightly boring ). When you post some more, work I'll try to give you some more personalized advice to suit your needs.

Best of luck in your 30-day challenge!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey. You only posted two images, which is alright, I know I'm the same way haha. But one thing I want to put out there, if you don't see improvement in 30 days (unlikely by the way), don't give up. As the guy above me said, you improve a lot by drawing from life, but don't just draw, observe. You will pick up a lot of things simply by looking at objects, and trying to think about how and why they look the way they do.

Check out my sketchbook: Anatomy Sketchbook
    And please comment, even if you think it's terrible, tell me why . Or if you don't want to at least a "good work" would be motivating

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks and question

Hey thanks guys, so first question! Exciting.. How do I make the images smaller? Theyre kinda grossly big

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.