Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Beautiful stuff so far, those life drawings are sick!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I love the life studies - you have a good understanding of drawing form, and the colors and values make the drawings glow.

Thanks
    Greatttt work. very nice style, really liek your self portrait, using those otter guys for gestures is awesome and your life drawings are really great too, your solidity and value is very neat.
    Looking forward to more. Maybe try some environments? Cant think much to critique.

Thanks
    Wow, I really dig your mark making, paints or pencil. Super gestural forms and brush strokes, all around. I don't think you can ask for a better foundation for pushing forward in your work. Nice start!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Nice life drawings.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks

111108 Just home from class, getting ready to CRUSH IT

Hey guys, thank you all for the kind words!

I am so pumped to get better and improve! I have been coming up against a lot of walls lately in my art, but I'm not finding it discouraging these days. Frustrating yes, but not discouraging. so the only place to go now is FORWARD! Towards crazy unrealistic goals and dreams just out of reach! If you haven't checked out the Deathline over at CrimsonDaggers DO IT!

Here's the current state of my creature design. Down to massaging the hell out of it before moving forward with texturing and finalizing the environment it's in. Trying to render forms in space while considering value, colour temperature, composition, focal points, and technique is tough but also kind of meditative! Really trying to push myself farther with every image these days. Gotta step it up, gotta' CRUSH IT!

Thanks
    Last post was THREE days ago??? CRUSH IT!!!
    "CRUSH IT!" SKETCH GROUP
    My Sketchbook
    Saarmander
    Niffler
    Breistift

>>My Website<<
    Available for freelance!

Thanks

111112 crushin time again!

Hello!

I have not posted for the last three days, but I HAVE been CRUSHIN'!~

I'll post the sketches I did at the Royal Winter Fair here in Toronto later, but for now, here's a study I did tonight... this morning?

I've been trying to do darker images in my studies just to get a feel for pulling a range of colours and values out of a limited scale. SO~ I've learned a bunch about greys and value with this, and also some about modelling! I haven't done these in the past because I didn't see much value to them, but the folks at Crimson Daggers changed my mind, and now I'm exited to do loads of them! Learning a ton!

CRUUUUUSH IT!

Thanks

111113 Crushn'

SO!

Here's a still life I've done as part of the weekly CRUSH we're trying to do. I didn't get to finish it, but I'm verging on taking this beyond a study if I spend any more time on it. I've learned a lot from doing this, but I need to focus on getting the most out of my studies and getting as much out of my time as possible.

The Deathline is super intense, and I am super pumped to do it. I am going to have to zero in on three goals this week and set up some quantitative short term goals that I can CRUSH!
    Last edited by Saarmander; November 14th, 2011 at 02:30 AM.

Thanks
    Absolutely amazing studies! You have a nice understanding of form and lighting. it's impressive. I might suggest doing some work on lines though. Great work!
    Available for Freelance -Portfolio| Sketchbook |DeviantArt |Blog |ZesiulArt@Gmail.com

Thanks
    Pooooooooost!
    "CRUSH IT!" SKETCH GROUP
    My Sketchbook
    Saarmander
    Niffler
    Breistift

>>My Website<<
    Available for freelance!

Thanks

1111116 Crushin n' Cleanin

-Zesiul- Thanks for the super kind words! And I will make and effort to CRUSH all the lines. In my Life drawing and in my painting!

HILO!

I haven't posted for a few days but I've been Givn' er none the less here at home, and at school! Trying to make headway with all of my Deathline goals, art and personal alike. SO I've been cleaning for hours! Now my place smells nice and is ready for CRUSHING!

This week I am focusing on anatomy this week, but I don't think I'll be posting to much of that stuff, we'll see. Also doing 2 half hour sketches a day. The first image I posted is one from yesterday. I did 4 the day before with Bogan, but they were poop, so I didn't post them. I'm not sure if I should post poop. It might motivated me to do better work, or it might just add poop to my sketch book I haven't decided yet...

The second image is my current progress with the Humanture, which I'll be adding texture and stuff to this weekend after finalizing values and colours. Having a ton of fun with this guy.

The last image is the current state of my space knight. It is a colour key. I have the drawing all figured out but need to start rendering it now. I have started this guy over 3 times now so hopefully I am on to something now! This has been a serious trial so far. Failure sucks and burns but it's all part of the process. So hopefully I will have gained some serious knowledge through all this and be the better for it!

STILL CRUSHING IT!!!!

Thanks

30 min sketches from yesterday and before

So I decided I wasn't going to post the old poop from a few days ago, but I will post the new poop, and hopefully that will propel me through the initial poop layer and into the next! Going to CRUSH 2 a day all week, amongst other things.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 909 Posts
    Aaaaaaaaa stuff like this gives me a right slap to the face. Love the batch on post 11, great life studies and I'm loving some of the monsters you're coming up with. Nothing constructive to say, I'm afraid. Just keep on crushing.
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

Thanks
    Cool stuff here man!

Keep pushin'!
    -Twitter-Facebook
    JohnSilvaArt@gmail.com
    Portfolio
    ca sketchbook

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast