Seeking All Photographers: Help!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Seeking All Photographers: Help!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Seeking All Photographers: Help!

To anyone with a DSLR or is familiar with Canon cameras: I have a problem.

I have the Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR and suddenly today it stopped being compatible with my computer. I've had my camera and have been using it for over a year with the same computer I use now. Yesterday it worked fine, but for some reason today this happened:

I connected my USB cable to my computer (same one I've been using) and then connected it to my camera. I turned on my camera, and the EOS Utility opened up. Then when I went to download images from my camera, all the options were greyed out. Nothing was working except for the "monitor folder" option. I tried clicking the "preferences" button but it said my camera was not connected to my computer, even though it was.

I then went to My Computer and double clicked the icon for my camera. Clearly my computer recognized it was plugged in, but when I clicked on the button to download images, it said there was no camera connected.

And everything was working perfectly fine yesterday! I even uploaded photos from my camera to my computer just last night. I don't understand what has happened. This still continues to occur. I can't access my camera. I tried restarting my computer, connecting the cable to a different USB port, turning on and off my camera-- but nothing is working.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's probably just a problem with your memory card, not sure what type your cam uses but you can try taking it out and connecting it to your pc via a card reader if you have one.
    You can try cleaning the pins of your memory card with a rough rubber.
    Try inserting a different card if you have a spare one.
    The camera itself works fine? You can take pics and preview them on your cams internal screen i guess?

If nothing helps take your cam to a repair-shop. Also you might want to check for similar issues on the manufacturer forums.

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Randis, sounds like a memory card problem.

I had a similar issue, where the camera could write on the card, and I could look at the previews, but plug it into the laptop, and I could extract nothing.
    Situation kept deteriorating, and I reached a point where I couldn't even format the card.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Randis View Post
    That's probably just a problem with your memory card, not sure what type your cam uses but you can try taking it out and connecting it to your pc via a card reader if you have one.
    You can try cleaning the pins of your memory card with a rough rubber.
    Try inserting a different card if you have a spare one.
    The camera itself works fine? You can take pics and preview them on your cams internal screen i guess?

If nothing helps take your cam to a repair-shop. Also you might want to check for similar issues on the manufacturer forums.
    I actually went out and bought a card reader today-- seemed like the easiest solution. My camera works perfectly and works like it always has; I can take pictures and view them on the camera. The card reader worked also. Still not sure what the problem was though. I really want to blame the software but that wouldn't explain why not even Windows recognizes my camera. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsta View Post
    I agree with Randis, sounds like a memory card problem.

I had a similar issue, where the camera could write on the card, and I could look at the previews, but plug it into the laptop, and I could extract nothing.
    Situation kept deteriorating, and I reached a point where I couldn't even format the card.
    Eek, now I'm a bit concerned for what could potentially happen to mine. Did yours not even work with a card reader? You didn't happen to have a Kingston card did you... o:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.