tattoos?

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: tattoos?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tattoos?

hey, just trying to put off studying... wondering what people's opinions/exposure on tattoos was..if anyone on the board has em, stories, etc. I have a few, and they really interest me...if anyone has them, or has pictures, I'd be really curious to hear about it. curious to see if any artists have them, and what they would be. or, maybe i'm just the freak of the board, and all alone in my foolishness

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have you ever happened apon the realization that some day your tattoos are going to be eaten by worms?..

just a little food for thought. :p

but seriously.. ponder it..

-Lono

Sadclown Guest
    i have one on my ankle, that I got when I was fifteen from an amateur, after sharing a fifth of Beam. Looking back on it, it probably wasn't the smartest move I ever made....ahhh, those were the days...

that said, I actually designed two of my sister's tattoos. I don't have pictures but one is an Egyptian looking sun, and the other is two flowers melting together. She's sort of a hippie type.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    they're beautiful, i'd get one but my being indecisive would bite me not long after

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lono- at least those wormy bastards will get ink poisoning! haha, one up on them!

nova- I'm pretty indecisive too, and I finally decided that I'll just get a lot. hah. they're really addictive...before I knew it I had 2 half sleeves..and still more on the way.

sadclown- yea...I have the tiniest hand poked thing on my ankle from when I was 15 also..i'm glad it's so small and out of the way... I knew a kid in high school that tattooed a Wutang symbol on his forearm, completely horrible and pretty permanent. there's definitely more wrong routes than right when it comes to tattoos.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i want some but that shit is too expensive

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    18 yrs old

i got a pirate skull and crossbones on one shoulder, a hole with green eyes peering out on the other. Both designed by me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds like some deep and meaningfull shit..
    you will have fun explaning those to your grand kids.

:p

at least you designed them and its not that shitty flash on the tattoo shop walls.

there are a few poor souls out there with my artwork burned into there skin. a few by my very own "home made" tattoo guns that i made back in high school.. hah!
    i drilled those poor bastards deep!

-Lono

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

max tat

hey - got a tat of max from 'where the wild things are' by maurice sednak.
    remember that childhood book?
    it's on my left calf about 4.5 inches in height.
    made some ramifications to him to make the tat look better - e.g. changed the tail fur from bushy to flowing. gave him a red crown to match my name. he's in an active fighting stance in the prowl as king.

i waited 7 years for the tat and got it when i knew for sure that was what i wanted.

i love it!

next tat will be canji of my lucky number '13'.
    yeah, 13. my 13th b-day was on friday the 13th....doesn't get much better than that....okay, if the century was 1313, that'd be rad.

later!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i've designed 2 of my tattoos, and while I like them, I must say that the ones that I've had other people draw for me are my more preferred...I'm harder on my own drawings, and I've progressed so much drawingwise in the 2 years since my first tattoo...so what I'm saying is, find a really good artist who you trust to draw our custom stuff, and down the road, you'll probably be more satisfied than your own drawing. that's my experience at least.

but anything custom is better than straight up flash that everyone else has.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all...I actually have a friend that tattoos. He got all the equipment himself and started painting guys that he worked with as guinea pigs to help him learn. They all were aware he was a newbie, but he can draw so they trusted him. He turned out to be pretty good at it.

Anyway, once I was over when he was tattoing this dude that he worked with and he asked if I'd like to give it a try. I jumped at the chance, not everyone can say they've tried something like that, and as an artist it's a new type of canvas! Well, things were going well, I had been doing it like 1/2 hour when...well...let me back up a few minutes. This guy was what everyone thinks of stereotypically when you say "construction worker" with a bit of a drug addiction thrown in. We didn't know this until he sat down, but he was drinkin' and poppin' some kind of pills the whole time. Long story short...by the end of the night he had taken the tattoo gun away from me and was singing and tattoing his own arm. "Noooo, gif me dat gun. I'll shew ya how to do it!" Wow, what an experience.

The guy actually had the nerve to ask for some money and a ride home so he could pick up some heroin from some guy. Needless to say, my friend became quite a bit more particular with his clients!

Just thought I'd share my one, my only (my last!) tattoo story.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow smeagol that's a pretty crazy story... i have a few too...I watched my friend tattoo a guy's face to cover up a teardrop done in prison..it's a good tattoo, but the poor bastard has a dragon on his face for the rest of his life...which I think looks more intimidating than the teardrop... one of the crazier things I've witnessed in my life though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.