Colorquiz:;Know Thyself! :)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Colorquiz:;Know Thyself! :)

Heya CA crew,

do you know www.colorquiz.com ?

i took the test a while ago and was surprised to find it (more than) vaguely accurate

let's discuss our experiences here... & what colours and their combinations mean to us

cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ya it starts with a cute little color quiz but eventually......they will want your soul!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mine feels kind of spot on, I guess... things aren't as dire as it makes it out to be though.

"Your Existing Situation

Feels there are barriers between herself and the essential things she desires.

Your Stress Sources

"Feels that life must give more than it has and that her hopes and desires should be fully achieved. her existing circumstances are causing her to be anxious and worry; she is on edge and fears her missing out on opportunity. Eagar to avoid future setbacks or loss of status, she tries to make herself notice and to standout and is need of security."

Your Restrained Characteristics

Emotionally distant even from those closest to her.

"Feels she is not receiving her fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. she keeps her emotions bottled up, leaving her quick to take offense to small things. she tries to make the best of her situation."

Open and emotionally involved in relationships and easily finds satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

Has too much built-up excitement which is ready to break free in an impulsive and irrational outburst.

Your Actual Problem

"Fear of being prevented from achieving the things she wants causes her to take advantage of all types of other experiences, but then denies any of them have value to her. her destructive behavior is her way of escaping and hiding the helplessness she feels."

Your Actual Problem #2

"Is disappointed and let down, feels there is no point in making new goals as they will leave her feeling the same way. Is unable to admit to her short comings, which leads her to act out in an aggressive and resentful way."

Please, help me improve by visiting my sketchbook and kicking me in the ass! ^_^

deviantArt
    Draw.Draw.Draw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I remember this. It's a joke if you ask me.

"Seeking for his own identity, is sensitive and seeks close nurturing relationships and environments. Has an eye for beauty and a desire to have his emotions protected and further developed."
    Anyone who knows even the first thing about me would laugh out loud at how off that is.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Since the test told me all positive sounding things that almost every human would want to hear, it must be true and unique to me!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I tried it with three people (including myself) and we were all surprised by the accuracy. It had many of the negatives spot-on along with the positives. The funny thing is my friend was complaining to me about something, then I gave her the test, and the results were a pretty good summation of what we had just been discussing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your Existing Situation
    Desires to be respected by others in order to gain their trust and support for her own personal gain.

Your Stress Sources
    "Needs to meet people who have the same high principals and values as himself, but finds the need unfulfilled. her need to feel dominate and superior leaves her feeling isolated and does not allow for her to give freely of himself. she would like to surrender and let go, but sees that as a weakness she must not give in to. Holding back will allow her to stand out for the crowd and earn a higher status, recognized by others as unique and important."

"Has high emotional expectations and desires to be the center of attention, which makes it difficult to find a satisfying relationship. her reserved, cautious nature makes her emotionally distant. "

Emotionally demanding and will involve herself in close relationships but won't get too involved or give too much of himself.

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

"Seeking to broaden her horizons and believes her hopes and dreams are realistic. Worries she may not be able to do the things she wants and needs to escape to a peaceful, quiet environment in order to restore her confidence."

Feels as if too many walls and obstacles are standing in her way and that she is being forced to make compromises. she needs to put her own needs on hold for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
    "Wants to make a good impression on others and be seen as a special individual, like no one else. she is constantly observing how others react to her and to make sure this is true. she knows how to effectively gain special recognition, by planning and scheming. she is draw to things which are beautiful and unique."

Your Actual Problem
    "Needs to be viewed and respected as an outstanding individual, in order to build her self-esteem and self-worth. Resists any type of weakness and sets high standards for himself."
    I don't feel the need to dominate or lead. I'm more of a follower.
    I don't believe my hopes and dreams to be realistic. I'm not stupid.
    And I hate being the centre of attention, but I still want to be respected and accepted. In other words, not spot on but somewhat close.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your Existing Situation
    Desires to be respected by others in order to gain their trust and support for her own personal gain.
    That's funny, I got the same thing.

I'm heavily reminded of how horoscopes work with this.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsySiridean View Post
    That's funny, I got the same thing.

I'm heavily reminded of how horoscopes work with this.
    And that reminded me of this:

(embedding disabled, so you gotta watch it in Youtube though)

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First time I did it honestly, most of the results I could relate to. Second time did it again but randomly, again mostly related, so I did it randomly 4 more times, 3 times I could mostly relate, once was pretty off though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your Existing Situation

"Outgoing but unpredictable and unstable. Likes things to go his way, otherwise he becomes agitated, indecisive, and fake in his activities."

Your Stress Sources

"Demands to be noticed by others as an important individual, needs attention and recognition. His current situation is leaving him dissatisfied. He feels he needs to make friends with those who hold the same high standards he does. Wants to stand out as someone at the top of his class and be admired by others. He needs to feel in control which makes it difficult to give of himself to another person. He feels isolated and alone but refuses to appear weak and continues to be emotionally distant from others in order to keep his attitude of superiority. "

Current events leave him feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

Giving more than he is getting back and feels misunderstood and unappreciated. Feels he is being forced into compromising and even his close relationships leave him feeling emotional distant.

Giving more than he is getting back and feels misunderstood and unappreciated. Feels he is being forced into compromising and even his close relationships leave him feeling emotional distant.

His arrogance causes him to take offense quickly. Only those closest to him know deep down he is sensitive and sentimental.

Current events leave him feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

Your Desired Objective

"Has a strong desire to contribute and influence others, but it can make him restless. He is driven by his desires and hopes. Enjoys a wide range of activities, but he may spread himself to thin taking on too much."

Your Actual Problem

"Fears he will be held back from achieving things he really wants, leading him to search endlessly for satisfaction and become involved in activities which are pointless."

Your Actual Problem #2

"Feeling unimportant in this current situation, and is looking for different conditions where he will be able to better prove his worth and importance."
    how the feck did they get so much from my choice of colour.
    yellow, orange, red, green, blue, black, grey, brown.
    most of the results are vague, saying stuff like "you sometimes feel insecure" and "you like to think of yourself as honest, but really you know you lie every now and again" "You feel forced into things sometimes" "you would say you are a social person, but sometimes you wish everyone would just go away" - OMG! THAT'S ME! Yeah it is, its everyone.
    Its wrong, I'm not normally arrogant, you can't be when you're an artist who mixes with other artists: Someone WILL be better than you and you have to deal with that - kinda takes the arrogance outa you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBird View Post
    And that reminded me of this:

(embedding disabled, so you gotta watch it in Youtube though)
    Close to what I was thinking of.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtsySiridean For This Useful Post:

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,667 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    would be interesting to see the results of those who are super-skeptical none the less

where's the harm if you don't believe it?
    if it's not true, it's not true, right?

when you discuss something, a good indicator for whether you have really cleared the point up and whether it is really 1-sided and you are "right" is, does the topic still elicit an emotional response from you, or not?

as for my results, i notice how they are vastly different each time, but there is always something that makes me think -hmm- actually, yeah, that is kind of right.

surprising because the test just has you click 8 variations of colour in order, twice. it's very short. most cold readings are longer.

how exactly does this colour quiz work? the videos you posted don't really seem to be relevant (then again, i didn't watch them, haha!).

here are is what it says about me this time, lol:

Your Existing Situation

Desires to be respected by others in order to gain their trust and support for his own personal gain.

Your Stress Sources

"Unfulfilled hopes have left him feeling uncertain and even a little fearful about the future. Needs to feel secure and avoid further disappointment; fears he will be looked over, lose his position, or lose respect. Has little hope that things will get better in time and his negative attitude leads him to place impossible demands on others or to compromise or bargain."

Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. He is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity.

"Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. He is able to find pleasure and happiness in sexual activity, as long as there is not a lot of conflict or emotional difficulty."

Your Desired Objective

Searching for ways to relieve stress. Longs for a peace and happiness.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointed because his hopes have not come to pass and he fears coming up with new goals will only lead to further disappointment. These conflicting emotions lead to a feeling of anxiety and depression. He tries to escape into a peaceful and calm relationship which offers encouragement and protection from further disappointment.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,667 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by samthemule View Post
    as for my results, i notice how they are vastly different each time, but there is always something that makes me think -hmm- actually, yeah, that is kind of right.

surprising because the test just has you click 8 variations of colour in order, twice. it's very short. most cold readings are longer.

how exactly does this colour quiz work? the videos you posted don't really seem to be relevant (then again, i didn't watch them, haha!).
    Obviously.

If you reread what you just wrote, you'll be able to answer your own question.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that was awful and insulting. it basically accused me of being a trollop.

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.