1) The ArtPen that I have purchased was purchased with the Cintiq24HD in the Wacom eStore. I have asked them to send me the Cintiq24HD with the proper ArtPen.
2) I have asked Wacom a confirmation for the correct part number and they confirmed that in Europe is KP701E01 for European users.
3) The ArtPen that I own is working flawlessly on the Intuos4. I have problems only with the Cintiq 24HD.
4) Other user have the same problem.
5) Both the Cintiq 24HD and the ArtPen have already been exchanged. I have the same exact problem with the new units.
6) Please read the links for a more complete description of the problem and to know all the tests that I have done.
7) What the videos that are inside the links.
I am very disappointed with Wacom! They are selling a product that, at the moment, is not working properly!
I have tested 3 ArtPens and 3 different Cintiq 24HD personally and none of this is working correctly.
The ArtPen are working fine with the Intuos 4, I had problem only with the Cintiq 24HD.
On the Wacom European forum 2 users are reporting the same problem that I have.
I don’t know of anybody that is able to work correctly with the ArtPen and the Cintiq 24HD. None of the ArtPen users reported a working ArtPen!
When I sent my Cintiq 24HD back with the ArtPen to Wacom eStore in Europe to have them changed they didn’t even test my units. They simply sent me new stuff. This is a very unprofessional way of working. I also sent them an accurate description of the problem and the videos.
when people were making their own home grown cintiqs the random clicking always happened when the distance from the pen on top of the layer of the screen is to thick before the actual wacom board. I cant say thats whats happening with the clicking on the 24 hd but the problem sounds very similar and if thats the case there is no fix other then to change the hardware. the random clicking when close to the screen is extremely common second to jitter when trying to build your own cintiq. the jitter can be fixed by insulating components or changing refresh rates but as far as i lknow if you get the random clicking there is no fix for that combination of hardware.
I am experiencing problem only with the ArtPen. With the Grip Pen all works fine.
I have been told that before the end of the next week I should have a more detailed answer on this problem.
I don’t understand how is possible that Wacom sold this tablet as “compatible with the ArtPen” when it clearly isn’t. I immediately noticed the problem on all the Cintiq 24HD that I have tested (3) with different OS and drivers.