Art Pen not working with Cintiq 24HD

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Pen not working with Cintiq 24HD

I would like to start a new thread about the problem that the Cintiq 24HD is giving me (and other users) with the ArtPen.

You can read the first post that I made here:
    http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...oblematic.html

Than this is an updated post: http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...em-update.html

It is hard to summarize this problem, but what I can say is that, at the moment, it seems impossible to work properly with the ArtPen and the Cintiq 24HD.

If any forum member is using the Cintiq 24HD I would like to know his opinion.
    Thank you.

EDIT 22/02/2012: problem fixed, read here for more details: http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...em-solved.html

Last edited by VitOne; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Driver issues, hopefully.

Intuos2 drivers had a better sensitivity customisation than Intuos3 drivers.
    Perhaps it's the same deal with these Cintiqs ... horrible driver programming, purposely.

Back to the Intuos, for now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are two different model number Intuos art pens, one works with the second generation Cintiqs and one doesn't.

From what I've heard if you call Wacom and talk to them they will work with you on exchanging it for an art pen that works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vardoburrito View Post
    Driver issues, hopefully.

Intuos2 drivers had a better sensitivity customisation than Intuos3 drivers.
    Perhaps it's the same deal with these Cintiqs ... horrible driver programming, purposely.

Back to the Intuos, for now.
    I am using the Intous4 for my work with Corel Painter and the Art Brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiaP View Post
    There are two different model number Intuos art pens, one works with the second generation Cintiqs and one doesn't.

From what I've heard if you call Wacom and talk to them they will work with you on exchanging it for an art pen that works.
    ClaudiaP I think that you didn’t understand. Please read the links that are in the first post:

http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...oblematic.html

http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...em-update.html

1) The ArtPen that I have purchased was purchased with the Cintiq24HD in the Wacom eStore. I have asked them to send me the Cintiq24HD with the proper ArtPen.
    2) I have asked Wacom a confirmation for the correct part number and they confirmed that in Europe is KP701E01 for European users.
    3) The ArtPen that I own is working flawlessly on the Intuos4. I have problems only with the Cintiq 24HD.
    4) Other user have the same problem.
    5) Both the Cintiq 24HD and the ArtPen have already been exchanged. I have the same exact problem with the new units.
    6) Please read the links for a more complete description of the problem and to know all the tests that I have done.
    7) What the videos that are inside the links.

I am very disappointed with Wacom! They are selling a product that, at the moment, is not working properly!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seems to me Wacom have started a trend on selling shoddy products. I've never known such a course of bad quality control with Wacom's previous lines.

Whoever is at the head of QC should be fired 'cause they're doing a pathetic job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have done more tests: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7934

As you can see the same problem is present with Mac OS X!

It is one month that I am asking Wacom to give me a solution for this problem! I am waiting and getting very disappointed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Attention Please: read my blog, very bad news for Cintiq 24HD users interested in the ArtPen.

http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...-bad-news.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wacom told me that maybe this problem will never be fixed.

http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...-bad-news.html

They are selling a product that should work with the ArtPen but is not working...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You dont test one single pen and say ok they must all work. Wacom needs to take a deep look at the competency of the one responsible. that is a stupid mistake that should have never happened.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have tested 3 ArtPens and 3 different Cintiq 24HD personally and none of this is working correctly.

The ArtPen are working fine with the Intuos 4, I had problem only with the Cintiq 24HD.
    On the Wacom European forum 2 users are reporting the same problem that I have.
    I don’t know of anybody that is able to work correctly with the ArtPen and the Cintiq 24HD. None of the ArtPen users reported a working ArtPen!

When I sent my Cintiq 24HD back with the ArtPen to Wacom eStore in Europe to have them changed they didn’t even test my units. They simply sent me new stuff. This is a very unprofessional way of working. I also sent them an accurate description of the problem and the videos.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    when people were making their own home grown cintiqs the random clicking always happened when the distance from the pen on top of the layer of the screen is to thick before the actual wacom board. I cant say thats whats happening with the clicking on the 24 hd but the problem sounds very similar and if thats the case there is no fix other then to change the hardware. the random clicking when close to the screen is extremely common second to jitter when trying to build your own cintiq. the jitter can be fixed by insulating components or changing refresh rates but as far as i lknow if you get the random clicking there is no fix for that combination of hardware.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks.

I am experiencing problem only with the ArtPen. With the Grip Pen all works fine.
    I have been told that before the end of the next week I should have a more detailed answer on this problem.

I don’t understand how is possible that Wacom sold this tablet as “compatible with the ArtPen” when it clearly isn’t. I immediately noticed the problem on all the Cintiq 24HD that I have tested (3) with different OS and drivers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...n-problem.html

Wacom is working to fix the problem.

New drivers have been released but are off-line now.

Last edited by VitOne; December 1st, 2011 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am happy to announce that the ArtPen problem has been fixed. You can find some more information on my blog here: http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2...em-solved.html

A firmware updated is needed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for letting us know vitone, I have been toying with the idea of getting it but that was a major deterrent.

My Website I am available for work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problem! Now I am very happy with the Cintiq 24HD.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.