Sketchbook: muddy's mighty motivational master quest - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Have you drawn/laughed/smiled yet today?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course, silly sally!

85 69.11%
  • Not yet, but I shall!

17 13.82%
  • Nevaaahhrrrrr525235982fasflksafrawwhrgrrrhh!!

7 5.69%
  • ┌( ಠ‿ಠ)┘ hi

20 16.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: muddy's mighty motivational master quest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also two giraffe studies! from photos.
    50 minutes and 30 minutes respectively

Name:  giraffe2s.png
Views: 434
Size:  513.3 KBName:  giraffes.png
Views: 433
Size:  374.7 KB

sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"
    -Walter Crane, 'Line & Form'
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    today's doodlings inspired by vintage school girls

Name:  schoolgirlcolor.png
Views: 438
Size:  493.8 KBName:  schoolgirlcolore.png
Views: 431
Size:  725.3 KB

sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweeet i love how you started rough and ended with a beautiful school girl, teach me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yemi775: thank you!

stuff I drew today and yesterday! amazing old man photo: http://myephemerality.com/?p=3129

Name:  mexico1.png
Views: 414
Size:  496.5 KBName:  mexico2.png
Views: 408
Size:  497.3 KBName:  mexicanviolinist.png
Views: 410
Size:  985.1 KBName:  panthers.png
Views: 416
Size:  1.27 MB

Last edited by the-muddy; February 1st, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
    sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1 hour today in between photography and animation classes.
    A clown angler. They're so weird and awesome haha, just discovered them today.

Name:  clownangler.png
Views: 448
Size:  1,017.9 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  donkeys.png
Views: 507
Size:  430.6 KBName:  jestersketfch1.png
Views: 484
Size:  160.8 KBName:  buck.png
Views: 803
Size:  178.5 KBName:  buck1.png
Views: 408
Size:  664.0 KB

sketches from this weekend and today. The Donkeys are pretty sloppy and the jester girl was just a quick sketch, well, so were the buck but I tried harder to make them look nice within the short time i drew them.
    I'm starting to really love animal anatomy

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  catfish.png
Views: 384
Size:  119.8 KB

a tigrinis catfish!

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a yellow rose... gah, flowers >.>Name:  yellowrose.png
Views: 406
Size:  202.5 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaand a study of a peruvian landscape from a photo! 2 hours

Name:  peru1.png
Views: 403
Size:  495.1 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    things from today! animalllssss, they are so cool.

Name:  goldfish2.png
Views: 356
Size:  332.5 KB
    Name:  monkey.png
Views: 349
Size:  235.7 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    volcano from photo, 1 hour
    Name:  volcanosmoke.png
Views: 388
Size:  607.2 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doodle today.
    Name:  daydream.png
Views: 342
Size:  130.6 KB
    &
    this one is awful because of speedy sloppyness
    50 minutes, love the reference... Name:  romestreetgirl.png
Views: 349
Size:  795.0 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  lion1.png
Views: 378
Size:  617.4 KB
    2 hours

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  candleholder.png
Views: 369
Size:  229.7 KBName:  stitch.png
Views: 368
Size:  164.0 KB

drew stitch with movie still reference love his design.
    the candle thing is crap haha, from imagination, practicing... it was quick.... ugh

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  milodean.png
Views: 358
Size:  201.1 KBName:  scarlett.png
Views: 336
Size:  584.0 KB

Milo and Dean for a snippet of a school project, and Scarlett because she is a beauuuuuty

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  fox.png
Views: 350
Size:  615.5 KBName:  frenchcafe.png
Views: 321
Size:  288.2 KBName:  haunted house.png
Views: 368
Size:  298.5 KBName:  purpledragon.png
Views: 351
Size:  201.2 KBName:  redriverhog.png
Views: 350
Size:  90.1 KBName:  sadsheep.png
Views: 352
Size:  303.1 KBName:  sphinx.png
Views: 356
Size:  664.2 KBName:  squid2.png
Views: 307
Size:  496.0 KBName:  squid.png
Views: 354
Size:  549.7 KB
    Name:  deer.png
Views: 353
Size:  427.1 KB

stuff I did since last time~

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aw, kinda lonely in here. Nice lion study ... did you sample the colors w/ the eyedropper or did you just eyeball it? Nice deer studies too (both the recent painting and the earlier lines). Cool clown angler ... at first I thought that was some random monster concept from your own imagination. Deep sea life is basically the closest we've got to extraterrestrials on our own planet.

Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are right, diamandis, deep sea life really is just that xD There are so many cool properties to those creatures, too.
    Thank you kindly for your words. I'm not sure if I eyedropped or not, sometimes I have done that for studies and other times no... sorry, can't remember xD

-----

I have kept up the studies, well not lately, but I did complete a full 100 days since the beginning of the year up to a couple of months ago. I have mostly taken photos this summer.
    I have posted most of my art on my tumblr and facebook, haven't really come by here much anymore except to lurk other threads...
    http://the-muddy.tumblr.com/
    &
    https://www.facebook.com/artbyirismuddy

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work here, improvements from the top of this page to the bottom. The old man + violin and the Scarlett Johansson studies are amazing, do more like those, did those take more time than the others? They came out really good especially Scarlett Johansson.
    Also nice variety in your studies, animals, statues and whatnots. This SB is motivating me. Think I was here a LONG time ago... lol
    anyways good stuff and honestly, keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I think you were! Hahaha. Yeah I am really trying to squish all the knowledge into my brain this year that I was too lazy to try and absorb last year and the previous years hahaha... I'll update with more recent stuff soon...
    I've been eyeing a ton of other artists and really wanna dig into anatomical studies and just drawing a -lot-, so I plan on working on that in the coming months and hopefully improving moarrrrrr
    And yeah those took slightly longer, but I am overall much quicker now in general at digital painting... really cool what consistent efforts can do to you. Now to work harder. Haha. Thank you for dropping by

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool sketchbook so far Good studies and your colors look great. Values could use some work though. Anyway, great job so far, so keep that up and post more often

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you! I agree about the values. Yeah I haven't uploaded in months, I will post the art I did up till now as soon as I can

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Muddy! Thanks for the comments on my page and letting me know about the broken link. Gonna fix that after posting this.

Your imagination is great and definitely comes out in your work. It's good to be mindful of how long it takes you to finish a study or imaginative work, but be careful not to rush yourself too much to meet some arbitrary deadline you've set for yourself. The most important thing is to learn as much as you can from each thing that you do. If that means 1 hour, then great. If it means 3 days, then do that. Your lines are good, and you have a good grasp on construction and perspective. Just be sure that when drawing to make your straights straight and your curves curved. I know that's obvious, but sometimes we forget and mix the two too much, making things a little wobbly. I'd also suggest doing more still life painting and painting with opacity settings turned off. This forces you to be aware of your brush strokes (because every one will be noticeable and thus matter) as well as what value/color you're selecting. Little study thumbs are great as well. Hope to see more work from you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're right, I think the biggest hurdle I am afraid of crossing but will address, in time, with more studies, is being decisive with strokes, in edge type and in color&value... I have been tiptoeing around, being careful and muddy (hehe) for years now, haha... Thank you very much for your advice! I appreciate it and will definitely take it into account

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Basically almost everything I have drawn since my last post, minus some stuff for school... I put everything I could for now, even some really shitty things to show myself I still go way backwards sometimes...
    Some are from observation, some from imagination, some a mix of both. I didn't necessarily always put the ref with the picture, just saaaying
    So much more to learn! I need to draw more often!

Girl eating the flaming heart and boxer sketch are the most recent. Also the self portrait and couple of other pencil things. The teeth design thing is a little older, and the boxer and heart-eating girl for some reason uploaded to be at the top of everything else, so they are the most recent but past the boxer, the order goes from old to new.
    The girl eating the heart was fun, although it has mistakes. The stretched out leg was painted with a google image search of knees open on my 2nd monitor. Helped a lot. I know I need to be much more precise with rendering. I hide in vagueness. It does me no favours... Anyways it was the first thing painted on my new computer which I love and made especially to paint and animate. It is fast and so productive and fun.

I plan to do more studies like the boxers and in-depth anatomy.

Attached Images Attached Images                                                                                                                                      
    Last edited by the-muddy; July 17th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yooo :I sup Iris! I didn't know you had a sketchbook on here.

Awesome stuff, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh! Hey you! I will be checking yours out tomorrow, beddy time for moi, but yes, hi! Thank you! hahaha ^_^

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see You're a hard worker

Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome sketchbook and i love post #64 !

Sketchbook - Would love feedback thanks.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=270211

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome updates Solid studies and your stuff from imagination looks great. Love the expression on the girl eating that flaming heart. Also that Sailor Moon girl(that's what it's from right)looks good and the self-portrait is just lovely Keep it up, subscribing : P

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 307