Sketchbook: muddy's mighty motivational master quest - Page 20

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Have you drawn/laughed/smiled yet today?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course, silly sally!

89 70.08%
  • Not yet, but I shall!

17 13.39%
  • Nevaaahhrrrrr525235982fasflksafrawwhrgrrrhh!!

7 5.51%
  • ┌( ಠ‿ಠ)┘ hi

20 15.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those last paintings are really nice!
    you havn't posted any studies in a while, you doing any of that?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey muddy, some cool recent stuff. The pixies are lovely; i particularly love how you handled the figure sitting on the branch on the left. Keep pushing

Sketchbook
    Blog
    cts.sanders@googlemail.com
    Facebook

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving the colors and style, nice toon style in some of those!

would love to see more cartoony characters, like in a big mural.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tristan: You are very very much correct about all of those things man! I appreciate the thorough advice!
    Fern: Hehehehe yeah I change it a lot but for now it will stay!! I miss you and your art!!! Thank you for coming by and I appreciate your compliment ^_^ It means a lot!
    jtaart: hahaha awesome! yeah that was hard to say aahahah thanks man!
    glasswithwater: yup yup gotta do that, thanks !!
    aks9: actually I have really been thinking differently than I used to about studies so I have been incorporating looking at how things are to making paintings instead of doing copies... trying to be more thoughtful about it now that I have spent a lot of time making copies... I haven't learned everything but I am trying out this other extreme to see how it works for me... Thank you for your comment!
    Chris: Thanks so much man I am glad you dig it!
    Shahan: thank you very much! Ah then I hope you will like this fun stuff here

Name:  explore.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  872.1 KB
    I worked on this for longer than I ever really work on stuff haha, a few days on and off there are some problems for sure but I am quite happy with it

sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"
    -Walter Crane, 'Line & Form'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah thats cool ¦D the girls is SOOO overcuted im dying XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Muddy! Lovely cartoony style Love those pixies in post #566
    Your sketches, both colored and b/w are great!
    Your more finished pieces could use some work though. They seem a little flat.
    It has to do with light, and the 3D form...althoug I still suck at it at well,
    so I can't really help you with a paintover to show you what I mean.
    Anyway, keep it up, you're doing great and have a great 2014!

"...it had the serene look in it's eyes of a creature that realizes it's a tube on legs..." ~ Terry Pratchett

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

sketchbook
    Deviant
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you yuniken ahaha
    Harma you are completely right and I see that too about my stuff... gotta try to push that feeling of form, yeah, flatness is a big big issue for me xD Thank you!

sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ugh, loving your new stuff Muddy! Especially the painting of the little girl and boy. Looking forward to more now in 2014!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep pushing! I really like the last piece, it evokes a really cute story!

If you have a moment, Help me improve with critiques. thank you Sketchbook

Awesome Sketchbooks
    nim Mechanical Man King Kostas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lydia: hey hey! Thank you!! Me too I look forward to this year a LOT haha
    Tniznet: Thank you!! I am glad you think so

I painted this commission for the past few days, I tried starting with a really warm sepia ish underpainting, it was quite a fun process and challenging angle for the faces... I learned a lot after taking my time with this piece and I hope that they enjoy it
    Name:  royo3s.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  330.1 KB

I also revisited my older peony lady painting, I took some advice from friends (shadow from the flower, softer hands) and it kind of just became too fun to stop pushing it haha so I just kept going (even submitted a version to threadless, we'll see if anything happens with that hahaha)
    Older vs newer !
    Name:  peonygirl4.png
Views: 294
Size:  930.2 KB
    Name:  peonygirlrev.png
Views: 285
Size:  1.07 MB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha epic stuff as alway iris. Inlike the imrpovements you did on the last post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Jess ^_^

Some sillyness tonight! ughhhh going to bed at 8am because too much fun staying up in hangouts -.-

Name:  strongman1.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  375.5 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have no words for the last upload, omg :L

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahah great last piece I couldnt find much to critique on except maybe the man and woman painting, the man's eyes are kinda looking at the girl's forehead and I think it would look more sweet if he looked down into her eyes. Just a tip, like your work!

Ma Sketchbook brings all the girls to the forums, damn right its worse than yours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    V3T : hehehehehehe
    Dennis: You're right haha, oh man I hate noticing stuff like that after I'm done with something xD Looks silly now that I notice. Thanks man!

Started this last night and finished it today ^_^ It's for my friend Allan's awesome Red X gang idea, basically super retro-future cyberpunk 80s cheesyness some of my favorite stuff haha
    Name:  redxchick.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  662.2 KB
    (pixellyness on purpose)

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had some cutesy fun today
    Name:  archercutelines1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  240.8 KB
    Name:  archergirl1.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  528.9 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome character designs in here! love the Little Girl with its bow

Sketchb88k

Book Eight (tumblr blog)

Instagram

Twitter

DeviantArt

Kik: tony_eight

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey muddy, Nice updates! Love the archer girl line-art. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your characters muddy! And I think your second pass on the peony lady was excellent. The colors are a lot more harmonious now.

One piece of advice I'd love to pass. Not sure if you heard already. You are actually on your way closer to this point but are still off. It is to finish your work a little more. It still finishes fuzzy, blurry, or unsure. Not sure how to explain it, as it's something I'm still working on. Good luck anyways. Your work is looking awesome!

Niquey 多明
    | My Sketchbook |

| -Hire Me- | My Portfolio |
    | My DeviantArt | My Tumblr | My Blog |

Making mistakes means making progress. So quit the PERFECTIONISM and go make some! [Read this]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by the-muddy View Post
    Thank you Jess ^_^

Some sillyness tonight! ughhhh going to bed at 8am because too much fun staying up in hangouts -.-

Name:  strongman1.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  375.5 KB
    Best pic!

sorta reminded me of jamie hyneman for some reason. Can almost picture him doing this in his private area when he doesn't have to act manly infront of the camera.

Also the nipple Tassles are a good touch.

Available for freelance work Email Me | Sketchbook | Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    T-Eight thanks man!
    Rustveld thank you very much ^_^
    Niquey I agree entirely, I've known I have a problem getting things to look finished for a long time now xD Sigh. I'll try later this year, for now I'm working on idea generation haha.
    Domd hahahaha it does look like he'd do that hahhahaaha, that is an awesome thing to picture. Thanks for the laugh haha

I'm starting a 100-day themed drawings challenge thing, I'm going to do my best to do a comic for each day according to the one or more themes I pick... this time I spent about 2-3 hours doing the themes 'spaceman' and 'frog pocket'. This is the story I was inspired to do for day 1 I think this'll help me with a lot of my issues as I go on with it I think I won't color them all or make them this long, but yeah this was really fun and I tried to really not care about it looking too great haha, that's not what I want to concentrate on I find myself paralyzed when I do that

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/vie...4179167&page=1 here are the themes if anybody wants to check out that link as it goes on to see if it may inspired you too!

Name:  frogspace.png
Views: 175
Size:  1.15 MB

Also,

I made a Chrono Trigger fanart of Lucca for Gamers for Good http://www.gamersforgood.com/KKG-Artbook
    Name:  chronotriggeririskkg1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  823.5 KB

Here's day two of the challenge 'sisters' and 'llama' were the themes I chose

Name:  llamasisters.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  651.9 KB

day 3!

Name:  cops.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  318.4 KB

day 4 !

Name:  catlimbo.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  485.7 KB

Painted this mirror self portrait today during my first livestream... it was a very special experience to say the least hahahahaha, man I feel so lucky for the people I get to be surrounded by. So much love in my heart for everyone !!!
    I think this came out alright but that it is reeaaally weird somehow... the neck... and something else.... oh well haha fairly happy with it.
    Name:  selfs.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  357.9 KB
    http://www.livestream.com/muddystrea...edium=ui-thumb

here are some funnies from the stream haha
    Name:  stream.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  466.1 KB

Day 5 !

Name:  pigsecret.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  609.4 KB

Last edited by the-muddy; January 17th, 2014 at 05:42 AM.
    sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  stephanieeven.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  308.6 KB

For my 200th tumblr follower who I coincidentally met while visiting Quebec this weekend http://stefabou.tumblr.com/ she so naice!

I feel bad for delaying the comic challenge but I am giving it a couple days break

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha is that spaghetti with meatballs and some tomato sauce thrown in your face? Nevertheless, great portrait Give me a heads up for your next livestream!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Muddy those comics are brilliant, I just love how you're doing different styles with each one. The one with the frog is adorable. You really have a knack with these, storytelling seems to be one of your strong points, you have a great imagination. Can't wait to see the rest of these. It also seems like a great exercise for brainstorming and idea generation. The portrait is lovely, and the neck isn't too bad, I just think the edges of the face could be a little cleaner. Gosh you're improving fast!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uiriamu add me of the bookface! https://www.facebook.com/irismadeline Haha thank you! it's about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-YBfnappM
    Andrew: duuuuude thank you!!! You're so kind Come into hangouts sometime man!

Tonight's fun painting Been sketchdoodling a lot in my sketchbook trying to loosen up, delaying comics for a lil bit.
    Name:  profilegirl1.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  363.0 KB

sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I really should do, that place has totally taken off!!

Nice work, was this from imagination? I'd like to see some harder edges and some stronger shadows and highlights.

Now where's that next comic?

Also wow at your new haircut

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha! I love those comics. I really enjoy the feel of your painting style. I can see it tightening up little by little. It's impressive to watch

Niquey 多明
    | My Sketchbook |

| -Hire Me- | My Portfolio |
    | My DeviantArt | My Tumblr | My Blog |

Making mistakes means making progress. So quit the PERFECTIONISM and go make some! [Read this]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems like you're improving pretty fast O_O It's a long time since my last visit! Good to see you doing so well! I love how colourful and full of life your work is! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your SB always make me happy, haha please keep existing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What Buxu said ^

Need some updates, it's been awhile. You should really try getting some childrens illustration jobs, maybe just designing the characters or doing a complete book because your style would easily adapt to that type of media. Also those sequential pieces that you did were pretty good.

Available for freelance work Email Me | Sketchbook | Blog

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook