Art: Cups & Fruits Still Life
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cups & Fruits Still Life

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Cups & Fruits Still Life

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I hope to get some feedback with one of my recent oil paintings.

Thanks!
    Ian

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ian - the number one thing I see here is a composition that could have been better.. Everything is in one big group, nothing is assymetrically set off - so there is very little dynamic here and no tension. the ellipse on the aliz-colored coffee cup is nicely done.

Value: your forms are a bit flatter than they might be if you took a harder look at the core-shadow/terminator and really showed the gradation from light to core and then managed subtle reflected lights. the Reflected lights are very bright.

Edges: there is not a clear edge hierarchy here - some things in back are as sharp as in the front and this does not serve atmos., perspective too well!

Finally color: I think the colors you are seeing pretty well in general ( good!) though - the colors are too similar in the two apples - at least from a chroma/color intensity perspective - the further one might lose some chroma and the shapes in the back will shift grey or blue/green to push them back!

composition,
    value
    (drawing quality)
    edge,
    color

these are your tools! You will get there - I saw a nice sitll life on your blog with the little plastic character - good composition and shapes etc.,

hope this feedback can be of use!

Kevin

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.