Sketchbook: Vayne's new sketchbook, I love critique !! (updated: March, 25, 2014) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vayne's new sketchbook, I love critique !! (updated: March, 25, 2014)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well....what can I say? Your work is beautiful

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkstrokes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstrokes View Post
    well....what can I say? Your work is beautiful
    Awww.......thank you ^_^ !!!

Critiques on my work always welcome!!

Sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=229693

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello !! heres an update !!

#1, Lionesses wip2: yep I work on it for another three hours last night and fixed some the anatomy on both lion and still have more anatomy to fix. Anyways I also adjusted the colors and started to add some shadows. However I still have more to add so it still looks a little odd.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy and have some good constructive critique ^_^ !!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update !!

Yay, it's finnished ^_^ !!!!!!!!!

Thats, all I've got to say today, I'm a person of very few words.

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3D OC, Syaz:

This an Zbrush scuplt of my lizard man character Syaz. I still however have allot to do with project but so far it's been really, really fun !!!

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3d and more !!!

#1, 3D Syaz wip2: an update to my last post. I do plan to make this project into a fully rendered and finished scene.

#2, Sky portrait Wip2: an pic of my OC Sky.

Enjoy !!!

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

very, very late update !!

#1: Skye Portrait: A pic that had started as a sketch I did during class, that kind of exploded once I got it into photoshop.

Anyways, the characters are all my OCs for one of my stories that is currently untitled. Skye of course is the blue wolf in the center and at the top is the villain smog, the steam punk wolf who is determined to pollute the world. on the left is Voila and at the bottom is raff (Thats his nickname).

#2: Sky sketches: the sketches that resulted in the portrait above. Which I start sketching during a lecture at class.

#3-6: Gerald sketches: This is character development work for my advanced story class.

Gerald: bio

Present age: 37
    Health: overweight, minor cough that pops once in while.
    Posture: He has an Tough and proud stance because he is proud of accomplishing a name for himself infamous or not and to help maintain his reputation among all pirates.
    Appearance: he is starting to show his age early because of his stressful and dangerous life style: with crows feet near the eyes, the chunky belly and the receding hairline. But that’s not to say that he is not just chunky he still retains some muscle from the hard activities required to be a pirate. Also he likes to put his lone hair up in a ponytail or bun, depending on ether the task at hand or his mood.
    Movement: He walks with an award grate because of an older injury he sustained to right leg.
    Mannerisms: One mannerism is that when steps up to converse with someone he knows well he trends to lift his hand and put his hand on their shoulder and then followed up by crossing his arms. When asked about it he would say that it likes to get his mates attention and then to convey authority he would cross his arms.
    Personality traits: Authorative, a good leader, strong willed, stubborn, serious but still has an sensitive side that show itself very rarely from time to time. But, he displays that trait mostly with his daughter especially after his wife disappeared in the ice wastelands surrounding the city.
    History: Gerald was born into an average family for the area that he lives. Which is a poor community that is decrepit and very well maintained. So never really had much in his younger years of life. But when he started to look for ways of getting money for his family one of his old friends offered Gerald the oppounity to be an deckhand on a ship with him. He agreed, not knowing that the ship was owned my tom the scourge, one of the most deadly local pirates in the city and outer wastelands. Even this had scared him at first; he was very despite to help out his poor family and took the job. Overtime had moved on and grew distant from his family, from the fact that tom shows a liking toward Gerald and decided to be his mentor and took him in. Years later he became captain of toms old ship after tom had passed and became to be known as the blakeyed falcon for his lack of mercy (black) and fierceness (falcon). Then He meant the love of his life Cora, when he needed a new deck hand after losing one during a raid. She was Nicknamed “Cora the cobra” because she is a very strong and tenacious woman that had to stand up in a world that doesn’t usually welcome women.

Questions to consider:

What color is Gerald? He is reddish-purple because at first he seems cold by the reputation he has and his occupation. But he still hasn’t left behind his sympathy and warm side that shows up every once and a while.

What day of the week is Gerald? Gerald is Monday, because Monday is the beginning of the workweek and Gerald trends to be serious and stern.

What Holiday is Gerald? Gerald would be president’s day, because he likes to be the one with authority and giving commands to other people.

#7-10: Abby Sketches: the same project, but this another character for it. She is the main character in the story. However I'm having trouble making her look less manly. I've been having thi problem with allot of the females I draw lately.

Abby: bio

Present Age: 15

Health: good, no known problems
    Posture: When younger it was humped over and messy because she would copy she of the shady crew her dad hired as deck hands. But later her posture changes to be more normal when she grew more aware of her self-image and begin to worry more about creating her own identity.
    Appearance: She is a cute young lady, with curves (Mostly at the hip) Mid-sized structure, but a little more rough around the edges, blonde hair, and amber eyes. She is also very fit because growing up her farther taught her how to assist him with jobs men usually do around the ship. Also a little thin because of the recurring food shortages that the city experiences because of the harsh environment.
    Movement: At when she is younger she would walk with a exaggerated grate, but now she walks with shorter strides with a little bit of attitude.
    Mannerisms: She is a very hands on person as result she likes to touch and feel everything around her to analyze her environment. She also tends to fidget, with her fingers, hair, clothing or anything else around located near her.
    Personality traits: frank, kind, empathetic, serious, handy, rebellious, and intelligent.
    History: Abby, was born to her mother Cora (A deck hand) and her farther Gerald, nicknamed the black-eyed falcon (An infamous pirate). When she was a young child her mother disappeared into the icy wasteland that surrounds the city and never and come back. This event in her young life had an impact on her and her farther emotionally. She drew closer too her farther and learned a valuable and harsh lesson about the vulnerability of life. As a result she learned to respect life and empathize with other living beings. As she grew older she begin to have an distaste for her fathers piracy, because she saw how it affected others lives in a negative way and saw how evil piracy really was. She begins to have a conflict rise within her. Stick with what her farther says is the only way of survival in their harsh and unforgiving world and follow in her fathers footsteps of piracy, Or go off in uncertainly in search of her way in the world her own identity, not the one she is expected to fill. Since her angst and internal conflict kept on growing she begins expresses it outwardly. This shows in many aspects like her favorite jacket, it was a jacket that normal citizens (People who are not pirates) usually wear. When her farther asked ”Abby, where is that ye old jacket that your mother used to wear when me and her went out on raiding them old ships together. I thought I asked you to wear it?” Then she would think to herself “ oh that ye old jacket…but…..it… it’s been used for bad things and represents so many bad things to other people. I can’t possibility wear it. But what should I tell my old daddy it means so much too him”. Then she’ll say to her farther “ But this one that I then brought is my favorite”. She also expressed herself though the building of her robot companion Grunge. She started building him because begin to feel lonely during the long voyages and she didn’t want to befriend or interact with any of the crew because of the way she viewed piracy. So she started to gather scrap from the raids and the secret strolls though the city when they docked. Then she applied she of the ingenuity she learned while on the ship and voila she had built a robot friend from what most people would see as junk.

Questions to consider:

What color is Abby? I would say she is Sun Burst Yellow because; she has a bright natural expression always on her face. Since the hint of orange slightly tints and darkens the color sun burst yellow represents her roughness that she developed while growing up around pirates. However despite that influence she remains warm in personality.

What Day of the week is Abby? Wednesday, because Wednesday is hump day and she is still trying to find her way over that hill.

What Holiday is Abby? Independence day, because of her rebellious side of her and the fact that she wants to find an identity and way of life then that of what her farther wants her to be.

#11: Environment visualization: The very early conceptization of the world that Abby and Gerald live in.

#12: Grunge: the robot that abby builds from scrap she brought from nomadic merchants.

I need Your opinion for help:

I've been wondering lately should I continue with the project that I got going here for my senior project (shown above) or should I switch it too the project withe sky wolves (also should above). I mean, is what I have good enough, or an I just doubting myself way to much ?

PLZ, HELP. My senior project is very important.

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey vayne , I don't think you remember me , but I remember you. You used to post on my thread like a very long time ago. Like 3 years.

I just came here to see your amazing improvement from when I last saw you man.

Very very nice designs and keep it going. NEVER GIVE UP !

Nice 3D models and I really like the pirate.

Please visit , comment , critique and have a chat with me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostas View Post
    Hey vayne , I don't think you remember me , but I remember you. You used to post on my thread like a very long time ago. Like 3 years.

I just came here to see your amazing improvement from when I last saw you man.

Very very nice designs and keep it going. NEVER GIVE UP !

Nice 3D models and I really like the pirate.
    Thanks allot for dropping by Rosta ! The name does ring a bell. Sadly though I haven't posted here on this thread in over an year. Hopefully once I get a spare minute I will try to catch this thread up ^_^ !!

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy An Update After an Years absence.....

An Update After an Years absence..... (March, 5, 2013):

So, I'm finally kicking myself in the butt, for not being serious enough about my art. I tea;ice how much harder that I must push myself.

I look back at the year that I haven't posted and I find myself unhappy with my progression. However their is improvement I just want 2013 to be even better. So when it comes time and it's 2014 I'll be like "Hey look at at all that I've done the past year Yeah !"

Anyways, heres a few recent works from my most recent works. I believe the oldest one might be a few mouths old, but I'm not sure. Well, enjoy ^_^ and have an awesome day !

First 3D Works:

Name:  Creature3dwip4.png
Views: 257
Size:  1.36 MB

Name:  CreatureWireframe1.png
Views: 253
Size:  447.1 KB

Name:  Creature3dwip3CA.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  426.7 KB

Name:  Creature3dwip1CA2.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  484.7 KB

Name:  ThingBackside.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  454.3 KB

Name:  ThingBottom.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  462.3 KB

Name:  ThingCloseUP.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  326.2 KB

Name:  ThingFront.jpg
Size:  447.5 KB

Name:  ThingTop.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  443.6 KB

Next 2D Sketches:

Name:  Rainy-day-goom.jpg
Size:  264.6 KB

Name:  PigeonSketch_NoRef-1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  236.5 KB

Name:  EyeOverAll.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  228.7 KB

Name:  BoySketch.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  238.1 KB

Name:  AlienDino.jpg
Size:  453.7 KB

Name:  Tra-cat.jpg
Size:  371.4 KB

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice 3D work and I like the eagle and the chimera-looking lion. Also , I see you're in the same batch as me , having not posted for the a long time xD. Well , I promised to myself I'll post at least daily because I haven't evolved as much as I wanted to.

Cheers and let's get great together .

Please visit , comment , critique and have a chat with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice 3D work and I like the eagle and the chimera-looking lion.

Thanks, !

Also , I see you're in the same batch as me , having not posted for the a long time xD. Well , I promised to myself I'll post at least daily because I haven't evolved as much as I wanted to.
    Exactly, though I haven't been posting daily yet. More like, weekly. which I surpass is better then nothing, xD.

Cheers and let's get great together .
    Yes, lets !!!!!

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice stuff here vayne108!

I really dig your Skye Portrait, really well rendered and great lighting. Two suggestions I would had given for that piece would be to try and stay away from high saturated colours, they can be a tad bright and distracting. Also the top-left background (Smog) could be de-saturated a bit to help add depth to the piece. Again, great piece. You should be very proud.

Awesome work man, can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreln View Post
    Really nice stuff here vayne108!

I really dig your Skye Portrait, really well rendered and great lighting. Two suggestions I would had given for that piece would be to try and stay away from high saturated colours, they can be a tad bright and distracting. Also the top-left background (Smog) could be de-saturated a bit to help add depth to the piece. Again, great piece. You should be very proud.

Awesome work man, can't wait to see more.
    Awww... thank you dreln !

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I wish I knew more about 3D so I could comment on it better, but your creature does look cool. I like the accompanying sketch you have there too, it has a particularly natural flow to it. (Also I really, really like the Syaz model in your older stuff.)

From the recent character sketches and some of your older ones, I think it could help to brush up on facial proportions. The nose base seems to be a bit long - though if it is a stylistic choice, perhaps other features or style considerations could be adjusted to work with it. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by clockodile View Post
    Man, I wish I knew more about 3D so I could comment on it better, but your creature does look cool. I like the accompanying sketch you have there too, it has a particularly natural flow to it. (Also I really, really like the Syaz model in your older stuff.)

From the recent character sketches and some of your older ones, I think it could help to brush up on facial proportions. The nose base seems to be a bit long - though if it is a stylistic choice, perhaps other features or style considerations could be adjusted to work with it. Keep up the good work!
    Clockodile: Thanks for your words and surport ! I'll look into the long nose thing. Your not the first one to mention that.

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG your creatures are awesome! I really love them
    Keep up the good work!

{ •deviantART• }
    { •Sketchbook• }
    {"Where the spirit does not work with the
    hand there is no art." Leonardo Da Vinci.
    }

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Argaelie: Thanks, argaelie !

Well, heres a few updates, just so I can krrp my SB current ^_^ !!

First off is my process on my 3D work on the alien creature.

Name:  WallLights_Development1-9ANI.gif
Views: 216
Size:  1.75 MB

Name:  WallLights_Development9.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  414.5 KB

Here is an piece I'm benign working on over in the Critiques section of the forum. Which you can find here ----> http://www.conceptart.org/showthread.php?t=266380 . If you have any critiques on this piece in particular please go their and post your comment. Thats because I have so much INfo on the project all ready posted, which I would prefer not to have to repost. Plus then I also wouldn't get double Crits with the same information.

Name:  Robbie_BabyBearWip2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  242.2 KB

Name:  Robbie_BabyBearColorThrumb.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  413.4 KB

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick update on todays earlier post:

Name:  Robbie_BabyBearwip3.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  449.3 KB

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update April 5TH 2013

#1.Escape wip: I added a rim light to bring out the creature from the background. I still have to add eye balls fill light for the background and adjust some of the materials.

Name:  CreatureProgression1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  437.0 KB

#2.Dino Sketch: Just something to loosen up and relax to.

Name:  Dinosketch.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  281.1 KB

#3.Vayne family Portrait: A sketch for one of my stories and yes if you're wondering the boy is the some character as the bear painting. Anyways the characters names are Robbie Vayne, (here he is the age of 12. Morther Vayne, the older lady and monarch of the expansive vayne family (Her real name is unknown, she only share it with high ranking officers). Lastly, Cleo the black panther: She is mother vayne's Pet.

Name:  FamilyPortrait.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  270.2 KB

#4.Figure Practice #1: A piece that went a little a rye. While I was drawing my figures just ended up collidating awkwardly on the page. So I try to make a story that they were testing the effect of antigravity on the naked human body and the male character decided to start the test to early by pressing the big red button.

Name:  FigurePractice1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  262.8 KB

#5.Figure Practice #2: Just a quick figure from my brain...

Name:  FigurePractice2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  404.8 KB

#6.Random Bird Sketches: I just was in the mood for drawing birds.

Name:  BirdSketches1.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  204.9 KB

#7.Pink Dinosaur: OK, I like dinosaurs and I was getting rusty so I draw another one. However I'm not sure why I did with pink and dark purple?

Name:  PinkDinosaur.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  236.6 KB

#8.Random Face Practice: I was bored during an art history lecture so I draw faces everywhere. HA ha boredom take that !!!

Name:  RandomFacePractice1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  238.6 KB

#9.OC painting update 2: Same as above previous post.

Name:  Robbie_BabyBearwip4.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  428.7 KB

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_ View Post
    great stuff! the 3d work really stands out!
    Thank you Kevin!

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a quick update !!

#1.Sc-fi 3d Creature wip: I'm getting very close to this feeling finished. So plz, tell me if you have any Critiques for it.

Name:  WallLights_Development12.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  401.7 KB

#2.My Reflection: A random drawing of my Wolf character Sky (Been thinking about changing his name). In the story I'm, developing for him. Sky is a metaphor for purity and nature, where as the villain represents Industry and pollution.

Name:  MyReflectionCA.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  402.0 KB

#3.OC Robbie Vayne (Teen): Just a quick practice of My character, to make sure I learn to draw his face right every time. Here however he is taking a break from horse training.

Name:  OCRobbieTeen-1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  464.5 KB

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

I feel like it's time for an update yay !!

I feel lazy so I won't completely explain everything this time, I'll just post.

Name:  agony.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  452.8 KB

Name:  discovery.jpg
Size:  455.7 KB

Name:  TopazNB.jpg
Size:  439.3 KB

Name:  escape.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  352.6 KB

Name:  MeetBerryv1thumb.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  200.4 KB

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

is finally updating........

is finally updating this sketchbook, I just haven't had the time to maintain IT ..... . buT i will post when I can, so here are just a few things I've been doing these past mouths I haven't been here ( I can't show everything sadly, way to much stuff).

#1. Lizard Women: A zbrush sketch, I'm doing for my creature creation class.

#2. Various sketches I did while hanging out at Starbucks. Me and my sister go there often just to relax.

#3. Traditional Blue Jay Drawing: An personal piece done in my spear time for some realism practice. I think I messed up the proportions a little, but I'm keep working on that. Anyways enjoy !!

BTW, I used my own photo for reference on this piece. You can see the photo here:

------> http://toshema.deviantart.com/art/Sn...ay-2-423098871 <-----

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's a digital sketch I did to past the time. It's of my to OC characters Robby Vayne and His animal friend Berry the bear. I've been trying to create a good character moment between them to help show their friendship. BTW, I was think about sticking in one my sister's characters (of the same world) giggling in the background.

#1, No Berry!:

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great imaginative work, lot of nice creatures and character designs in here.

I like your linework and overall rendering, but for some constructive criticism I would say that a bunch of your faces are disproportioned. I know your doing cartoony, but some of them, mainly the ones that are angled and also some of the portraits had very long noses with a tiny tip and it seems to be flat against the face. Other that that I liked your stuff, I'm no better than you I need to work these things also.

Available for freelance work Email Me | Sketchbook | Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Domd View Post
    Great imaginative work, lot of nice creatures and character designs in here.

I like your linework and overall rendering, but for some constructive criticism I would say that a bunch of your faces are disproportioned. I know your doing cartoony, but some of them, mainly the ones that are angled and also some of the portraits had very long noses with a tiny tip and it seems to be flat against the face. Other that that I liked your stuff, I'm no better than you I need to work these things also.

HI, Domd, thanks ! I'm been battling the proportion issue for most of my artistic life and it's an continuing battle. They gotten better and hopefully will continue to dos so and I hope you continue to grow as an artist as well !

Sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my Game: Truavaina (working Title), I'm making for my college senior project. I have started on the animations and have been able to finnish the idle, and the walking animations. One thing big that I had to do though is delete my old terrain and make one with unity's terrain system. It was kind of sad but I think it is for the better. I still have to make more assets to fill the environment, like more kinds of foliage, trees, sound FX for nature noises, particles with alien insects flying around. NPC creatures that are harmless to the player etc.... So yeah it's kind of bare bones right now.

Anyways, here are my screen Shots:

Sketchbook:

Kono is offline Level Up - All Access Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice illustrations. However in general, the anatomy looks a bit odd, especially the sketches of humans (example arms/hands in post#55, there are some unusual twists)

I'm looking forward to see your unity project, good luck with it! (It's is something I would like to try out myself sooner or later too)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 68