Sketchbook: A Sketchbook in Inadequacy.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A Sketchbook in Inadequacy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A Sketchbook in Inadequacy.

Alright, hello! Hi. How are you?

I'm new here. A friend urged me. I really need to basically relearn what it means to be an artist. I know this.
    So I'm here to start over. Completely. I'll post some of my better recent stuff, but, wow, you guys make me feel terrible about it as is.

But I want to get better. I've pretty solidly dicked around doing nothing with my art for years, and I really wish to get better at it. I know step number one is moving AWAY from cartoony and more into realism. I do. I'd love to make a living with art. I'm sure we all would, but you get my point. I know I have LOTS and LOTS of work to do to get to that point, so why not help?

Thanks you guys. I'll update this as I can. ALL INPUT, NO MATTER HOW CRUEL, IS WELCOME. In fact, if you really lay it on thick, it may work even better. WHO KNOWS? Here we go.

Oh lord what am I getting myself into.

EDIT: Got it. I think.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Duke of Beaconsfield; October 5th, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alriiiiiiight. Tough crowd tough crowd.

So I went ahead and drew this. This is my first blind attempt at a more realistic approach, before I really try and submerge myself into reevaluating my methods tomorrow.

A friend dropped a whole mass of reference on me, and I plan on using it. Well.

So yeah. Whoo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well it looks like you did learn a thing or two even though you just 'pretty solidly dicked' around for all that time
    I would suggest that you do some studies of the skull and the facial muscles. I am a beginner myself and not quite up to your level, but I know that doing this really helped me to improve the way I draw heads. Loomis has some really good stuff that you can check out for free here: http://escapefromillustrationisland....ion-downloads/

My Sketchbook would benefit from your critiques.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by anonanon View Post
    Well it looks like you did learn a thing or two even though you just 'pretty solidly dicked' around for all that time
    I would suggest that you do some studies of the skull and the facial muscles. I am a beginner myself and not quite up to your level, but I know that doing this really helped me to improve the way I draw heads. Loomis has some really good stuff that you can check out for free here: http://escapefromillustrationisland....ion-downloads/
    Yeah thanks! All the reference I was just talking about is actually a big ol' pile of Loomis. S'what I'm devoting tomorrow too...
    So thanks for the encouragement! I decided to retool my Spy image, and after just being away from it for a few hours I think I improved it.

It's all about the small details, isn't it?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.