Hand Walker WIP.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hand Walker WIP.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Hand Walker WIP.

Hi, i need some comments about the creature, anything you want, also ideas for the waist area, because i don´t wanna to make it "a torso". Still haven´t tackled some areas, but any comments or ideas will be very welcome.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cybersteampunk; October 4th, 2011 at 02:29 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Cyber,

I think your creature is laid out in an interesting, imaginative way. Much of the detail, however, reads as bad anatomy. I realize that you're not going for a human character, but, for instance, the "shoulders" on the smaller set of limbs have the form of deltoids, but the anatomy is off.

Also, a lot of the detail reads flat because it doesn't follow around the curves of the masses (this is especially distracting in the dangling-stomache-like form.)

Giving your piece the squint test, it looks like you can really push the values more to define the form.

There is something especially unsatisfying about the single tooth that seems to be stuck on the outside of the creature's lip.

The face in general doesn't have a very believable underlying anatomy

For my taste, I would distort the forms away from familiar human shapes (what if the smaller limbs sprouted directly from the bottom of the stomache area, for instance...what if the neck was much longer and snakelike? That sort've thing.)

Just my opinions...hope they help.

My portfolio

Would you like to see my drawr-rings?

Will design for food, provided that we all agree that money is edible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DPFX View Post
    Hey Cyber,

I think your creature is laid out in an interesting, imaginative way. Much of the detail, however, reads as bad anatomy. I realize that you're not going for a human character, but, for instance, the "shoulders" on the smaller set of limbs have the form of deltoids, but the anatomy is off.

Also, a lot of the detail reads flat because it doesn't follow around the curves of the masses (this is especially distracting in the dangling-stomache-like form.)

Giving your piece the squint test, it looks like you can really push the values more to define the form.

There is something especially unsatisfying about the single tooth that seems to be stuck on the outside of the creature's lip.

The face in general doesn't have a very believable underlying anatomy

For my taste, I would distort the forms away from familiar human shapes (what if the smaller limbs sprouted directly from the bottom of the stomache area, for instance...what if the neck was much longer and snakelike? That sort've thing.)

Just my opinions...hope they help.
    All helps, as i said i need to tackle some areas. Your help is very appreciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.