concept artist interested in working on a mmorpg?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

concept artist interested in working on a mmorpg?

Hi, I'm currently the lead concept artist for B2-tech. Were underway developing a mmorpg currently called Farland online. Its a realistic fantasy based in more of a Tolkien style. Its backed by some great lore. Anyways were currently trying to take on some more concept artist. The game is currently everyone working for free. Contracts are to be written up soon and pay will be on the profits of the game. This is a great opportunity to build your portfolio! Were soon to be entering the stages of concepting armor! If this sound like something of interest to you then please send me a private message. If you already have a portfolio set up send that my way. If not please direct me to where I can review your work or send me a few pictures you feel presents your work. Thanks!

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Noah for posting that people should pay attention to things like that. As well if you check out every concept job there is on the market they are asking for 2 years of experience. The whole reason I started up here was to get some portfolio work and exposure working on a game so I can say that to a future employer. I found my self liking what where doing and liking the others on the team. As well all the work I'm doing is on my free time. So its up to you.

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Don't get me wrong--there are times when collaborations are wonderful things.

I'm just tired of people emailing me asking for tons of work so they can make a little money off of my free labor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I understand Noah. Ive recently had to tell a few people off on freelance projects that sounded like great work but would have paid me 1/3 of minimum wage. I post this for anyone who's trying to extend there portfolio. To get there toes a little wet. I have still been applying for other concept jobs in the field. Nothing Has come my way yet. Like I said every job I see asks for at least 2 years in the industry. I hope that with what I do here for a while will help me get my foot in the door somewhere elt's. Maybe someone elts feels the same way and if so contact me! I'd love to see the work your doing.

By the way I have been following your work Noah on Deviant art for a long time. It's great work!

Last edited by Ravenseye; October 3rd, 2011 at 06:07 PM.

Deviant art:
    Link

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,887 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    working on a fee job doesn't help your portfolio for paid work. People who work for free for others rarely ever go on to work for pay.
    Don't kid yourself or others, its a dead end. It would be much better to set your own goals and do your own work on a portfolio; if you don't have the discipline for that then you probably don't have what it takes.
    As for the two year experience thing it doesn't apply to anyone with a great portfolio, it just helps to weed out the bottom dwellers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.