Art: still a noob.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: still a noob.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

still a noob.

its taking me a long time to finish this project. i work in construction, so after work i just want to take a rest and the only real time that i work on my sculptures is on the weekends. this are some photos that i took after finishing the sculpture and doing some paintjob. i still have alot of work on the paint like finish painting the eyes, shoes and lots of touch ups. i will take any comment as constructive criticism so comments are always welcome (negative or positive)

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I reckon you've done a pretty good job on this! the proportion of the bodys look spot on, maybe the muscle anatomy and paints need to be practised a little but on the whole I think you've got a pretty good sculpt there!

Is it sculpey?

Earhole Bongsplat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im not saying this is your first one cause i don't know but this is amazing I mean I am terrified to start sculpting its a weird EVERYTHING-MUST-BE-PERFECT-OR-PEOPLE-WILL-HATE-ME thing So i have to give you mad props on how awesome this looks

I'd hate to be an alcoholic with Alzheimer's. Imagine needing a drink and forgetting where you put it. - George Carlin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My advice to you: start on realism and work your way towards cartoony.

I say this because, cartoons follow realism in a certain way, but are simplified and/ or exaggerations of real anatomy. If you start on realism, you will, firstly, learn the correct construction of anatomy (either animal or human) and can then use that knowledge to play around with to create cartoon figures.
    Understanding well how things work gives you a better room to fool around and giving "right" results.

And especially, don't use Manga as basis.

Secondly: atarting on realism, you'll learn things correctly quicker.

So, my advice is, start small. Make a head. Make an arm. Make a leg and a torso, but use real anatomy as reference.

Also, take a look at smellybugs tutorial.

Also, research clay. I don't know what you're using, and I have no knowledge of it, since I'm a digital guy, but even though most often it's the artist not the tool, good clay can make wonder.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's real potential here, and this is undoubtedly better than I'd do at my first go, but..

throughout the years, I've seen people struggling with art for a long time and getting frustrated, just because their basic knowledge wasn't good enough.

My SketchBook

--Wait, whut? --
    Anonymous

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.