Guild Wars E3 for Everyone

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Guild Wars E3 for Everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought maybe some of the members might not already know about this really cool event.

ArenaNet, developers of Guild Wars, are offering a 3 day demo of the game for everyone to play during the E3. The installer client has been available online from a number of game sites for a few days now, and through the latest edition to PC Gamer for a few days more.

If you're interested in this game, I refer you to the official website:

http://www.guildwars.com

and a number of really cool long time fansites.

http://www.guild-hall.net
    http://theguildwars.net
    http://www.rpgstars.com (mine )

I've been involved in the Alpha test for a short while, but I can say that this game has the qualities to become a genre breaker. Free online play is a big bonus as is the autonomous yet organized focus of the team vs team play, co-op play, and solo play. The visuals are truly fantastic and immersive!

With Regards,
    Chile

Last edited by Chile; May 23rd, 2004 at 05:06 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    free online play...? Free? FREE!?!?! Count me in!!! I'm tired of these Online games where you have to buy a 'subscription' card (*cough* "City of Heroes' and 'Lineage II')...I've had dial modem all my life and I'm FINALLY getting DSL modem on Monday...I'm gonna check this Guild Wars game out for sure. (Uh, it's out now, right?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :p

The irony is that the two games you mentioned are from NC Soft for which ArenaNet is a subsidiary.

As for an actual release date, the company is sticking to a "2nd half of 2004" schedule. The e3 for everyone demo will be available for play throughout the e3 only. After the e3 is over, ArenaNet will go back to Alpha testing.

I suspect the game will move up to a closed beta test in July-August. (but I could be wrong )

With regards to dial up users- Guild Wars has an Alpha tester who for over a year played on a 33.6 Modem from Australia. I myself have gamed with people on dial up, and their experiences haven't been at all negative, from what I've heard and seen. (it takes a litle longer to load the maps).

ArenaNet bills Guild Wars as a competitive online role playing game (CORPG) and I strongly believe that the company has found a combination of features that work really well together and make this game unique.

Chile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For all those who wonder, a fellow conceptart.org member works for ArenaNet too!

Xia's Scribbles Update April19

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Chile
    For all those who wonder, a fellow conceptart.org member works for ArenaNet too!
    Where is he?! I can't wait to get my hands around his neck. I'm going to look him in the eyes and say, "You are, going to extend the demo for Guild Wars. Say it!"

"You mean you don't make sound effects when you're painting?" -David Tillinghast

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a bit like a "true" Diablo sequel, but with MMORPG components added in (such as a giant trading hub area, and various cooperative zones) and an arena teamplay combat system. Supposedly you can duke it out against other guilds in the full game, too.

The game is also dead sexy, but has really low system requirements so it runs very smooth on just about any PC. Not too shabby.

I look forward to getting in on the beta for this one.

Art student
    ~Livin' large at Watts Atelier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are a couple of the officially released screenshots. We also have a forum for people to share the screenshots they took during the e3 event.

That's pretty much exactly what the game looks like.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.