Results 339 to 351 of 447
July 2nd, 2012 #339
skMOP - Hey man, I knew of it but for some reason never thought to mess with it so thanks for reminding me to have a tinker with that man :3
Hallo so ive been experimenting and stuff last couple days trying to get a bit more illustrative and narrative and also realising its time to get big on studies again and push up a step so I did some arm studies last night to get me started my arm anatomy is really shocking. Guys on left are doodles before the studies.
Anyway the paintingz:
- Experimenting with story, mood, colours, textures and everything else
- Experimenting with more illustrative stuff, started to look pretty "Kekai" so I went with it and look at some of his designs for some of the things the guy is wearing that guy really designs some rad stuff.
- Sketch done at like 2am yesterday that went quite well, experimented with bunch of random layer modes and textures and whatevzz.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJuly 2nd, 2012 #340
wow your sb shows big improvement! nice work!
July 10th, 2012 #341
limsh - Thanks man :3
So about 5 days ago I started work on a Bouguereau study with the intention of trying to get as close to an exact reproduction as possible. I learned a lot during the process and am very glad I did it, in total I must have spent 20+ hours on it over the course of 4-5 days. That was the only painting I did during that time which I think if I am to do another I will have other things going on with it to keep it fresh. Boug was a subtle little minx and thats one of the big things I learned from this, the other was patience and discipline with a piece, also ive never tried to replicate something this closely so that was interesting. Other than that I have some sketch pagessss:
- little portraits from life
- random stuff around house from life
- self portrait and random bumf
- gesture studies
- doodles and portrait study
- BOUG studeh
and now I go back to regular schedule, cyaaa
July 10th, 2012 #342
July 10th, 2012 #343
July 11th, 2012 #344
July 15th, 2012 #345
LastGen - Thanks very much man you are 2 k1nd :3
Kevin_ - Thanks very much man still got long way to go though
Satu - Thanks very much man glad you like chicks cuz i aint gonna stop :3
Hai guise, so today I have for you some stuff.
- gesture drawings
- random sketches
- trying to learn mechas and industrial design, the refd ones are so damn sick. My first serious mecha attempt is bottom left I think hes ok but hes pretty heavily applied from the two above, definitely learned some stuff.
- Archer Chick I did couple days ago, she was done without too many issues and am pleased with her (rare) so ye thats pretty cool, getting more comfortable with painting digital figures, black and white anyway.
- Rainy tall grass thing, in terms of what I was trying to do it pretty much bombed but posting anyway.
These are all Jaime Jones peices, I need to stop trying to randomly create the best environments ever and actually study so here is a start from today, I will be doing more Jaime Jones studies as he is the bomb.
The Following User Says Thank You to TFsean For This Useful Post:
July 15th, 2012 #346Terrible
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Fleet, UK
- Thanked 777 Times in 453 Posts
July 22nd, 2012 #347
August 3rd, 2012 #348
SamC - Keep it up i will
Natalia - Yes the hand is weird bleh, need to do studies :3
SO ITS BEEN A WHILE, I've been inter-railing round spain for 2 weeks and now I'm back with a bunch of stuuuuff. I didnt have any photoshop during so I thought I would come back a pencil god but oddly that didnt happen. However I did a lot of life drawing and tried some watercolours and generally it felt good to do such different art. I cam back last night and today felt really great painting digital, it just seemed clearer and fresher so it's all goood.
Went to several fine art museums and wrote down the names of a bunch of siiick painters I found in these gallerys. I will scan the page with the names for anyone whos interested.
Also I bought a moleskin before leaving and its pretty swell.
ANYWAY here is my run down of all me stuff:
- Moleskin sketches all from life, some places named at bottom
- 2 crappy water colours that stuff is hard i dno what I'm doing
- Ipod life painting on the "brushes" app
- Imaginative sketches unless specified with "ref" or "study"
- Colour experimenting today
- Quick environment composition and lighting
- A piece I started before leaving and that I finished today
And thats about it for now, back to regular posting I suppose... :3
August 3rd, 2012 #349
Very nice works you have, I love the pencil sketches, and he very lats piece here with the knight and sword. The portrayed depth via colour and contrast is pretty convincing. Keep up the enviro-studies.
August 4th, 2012 #350
August 8th, 2012 #351
featheredface - thanks mannn
marianrowling - Thanks there, glad someone likes the watercolours aha, might give them another go cuz its a cool medium but bleh so hard.
Oka so here is stuff from last couple days. Been looking at wes burt trying to up my pencil work.
- studys and drawringz
- bumskee study
- random fart
- random fart 2
- First serious attempt at an interior