skMOP - Hey man, I knew of it but for some reason never thought to mess with it so thanks for reminding me to have a tinker with that man :3
Hallo so ive been experimenting and stuff last couple days trying to get a bit more illustrative and narrative and also realising its time to get big on studies again and push up a step so I did some arm studies last night to get me started my arm anatomy is really shocking. Guys on left are doodles before the studies.
Anyway the paintingz:
- Experimenting with story, mood, colours, textures and everything else
- Experimenting with more illustrative stuff, started to look pretty "Kekai" so I went with it and look at some of his designs for some of the things the guy is wearing that guy really designs some rad stuff.
- Sketch done at like 2am yesterday that went quite well, experimented with bunch of random layer modes and textures and whatevzz.
So about 5 days ago I started work on a Bouguereau study with the intention of trying to get as close to an exact reproduction as possible. I learned a lot during the process and am very glad I did it, in total I must have spent 20+ hours on it over the course of 4-5 days. That was the only painting I did during that time which I think if I am to do another I will have other things going on with it to keep it fresh. Boug was a subtle little minx and thats one of the big things I learned from this, the other was patience and discipline with a piece, also ive never tried to replicate something this closely so that was interesting. Other than that I have some sketch pagessss:
- little portraits from life
- random stuff around house from life
- self portrait and random bumf
- gesture studies
- doodles and portrait study
- BOUG studeh
Oh dude, your improvement is incredible. Lovely pencils, I guess I'll go through your sketchbook when I have some time - it seems to be very promising, might be able to learn something from it as well.
LastGen - Thanks very much man you are 2 k1nd :3
Kevin_ - Thanks very much man still got long way to go though
Satu - Thanks very much man glad you like chicks cuz i aint gonna stop :3
Hai guise, so today I have for you some stuff. Sketches:
- gesture drawings
- random sketches
- trying to learn mechas and industrial design, the refd ones are so damn sick. My first serious mecha attempt is bottom left I think hes ok but hes pretty heavily applied from the two above, definitely learned some stuff.
- Archer Chick I did couple days ago, she was done without too many issues and am pleased with her (rare) so ye thats pretty cool, getting more comfortable with painting digital figures, black and white anyway.
- Rainy tall grass thing, in terms of what I was trying to do it pretty much bombed but posting anyway.
These are all Jaime Jones peices, I need to stop trying to randomly create the best environments ever and actually study so here is a start from today, I will be doing more Jaime Jones studies as he is the bomb.
SamC - Keep it up i will
Natalia - Yes the hand is weird bleh, need to do studies :3
SO ITS BEEN A WHILE, I've been inter-railing round spain for 2 weeks and now I'm back with a bunch of stuuuuff. I didnt have any photoshop during so I thought I would come back a pencil god but oddly that didnt happen. However I did a lot of life drawing and tried some watercolours and generally it felt good to do such different art. I cam back last night and today felt really great painting digital, it just seemed clearer and fresher so it's all goood.
Went to several fine art museums and wrote down the names of a bunch of siiick painters I found in these gallerys. I will scan the page with the names for anyone whos interested.
Also I bought a moleskin before leaving and its pretty swell.
ANYWAY here is my run down of all me stuff:
- Moleskin sketches all from life, some places named at bottom
- 2 crappy water colours that stuff is hard i dno what I'm doing
- Ipod life painting on the "brushes" app
- Imaginative sketches unless specified with "ref" or "study"
- Colour experimenting today
- Quick environment composition and lighting
- A piece I started before leaving and that I finished today
And thats about it for now, back to regular posting I suppose... :3
Very nice works you have, I love the pencil sketches, and he very lats piece here with the knight and sword. The portrayed depth via colour and contrast is pretty convincing. Keep up the enviro-studies.
Hey Sean great job on your travel sketches. I really get a sense of the places you have seen and I think you've done a really good job of composing them on the double page spreads. I think your watercolours actually look very promising, so take heart, you are doing really week.