Art: Very Old Abandon Church...Please comment

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Very Old Abandon Church...Please comment

I am new to this particular forum but I am usually on Wold's work in progress section but I figured that I am going to need a lot of help with these projects and as much feedback,suggestions, comments as possible, So please feel free to add your two cents. A little info about the scene it was modeled and rendered in Maya using mental ray settings, textured in CS4
    I am not looking forward to batch rendering it in it's entire 197 frames (8 seconds) which I have averaged to take about a week of rendering, but if I get it close to perfect then it will all be worth it (hence the large amount of feedback from other artist,designers,) I'll be honest composition and lighting are not my strongest attributes and I have tried to solve all this with photoshop sketch's before starting.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Two thoughts:

1. The textures on the stonework are overwhelming the 3D structure of the building. If it were me I'd lighten the overall color of the stone maps and increase the intensity of the sunlight so there were clear "light" and "shadow" areas.

2. I don't know the precise technical details of the scene, but if it's going to take a week to render 197 frames, then UR DOIN IT WRONG. You need to bake as much of the texturing and illumination as possible--and otherwise reduce the complexity of the scene--so it will render in a manageable time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.