Thread: MAYA : lowploy

funK Guest

MAYA : lowploy

yep, its a low poly hand tex character still getting the ropes of maya

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    interesting, I really like the feeling on the torso, it looked 2d to me when I first saw it. I think it would add a lot if you worked on the neck more, it seems to get too thin below his head, and that his jaw bone dips down to far before going up to his ear, also the profile of his face looks like it could use some definition.

Anyways cool stuff, whats the poly count?

Its always darkest before it goes black.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's a really neat style.. I've worked to come up with similar stuff....... imagine playing a videogame with this artistic style.. with a tiny bit of cell shading and the right UV's you could make a 3d environment look just like some pretty conceptual stuff........ it would be truly breathtakin'..

funK Guest
    Omni Dose : After i finished the character (my first by the way) i do feel that the neck should have been more defined and that the head should be less elongated, also the chest and upper arms be resized to be a bit smaller, and the legs larger to support his body better. Ahhh well... i never get things right the first time on to number two.

Sammy : I'm totally pick'n up what your lay'n down, I enjoy games that use hand drawn art as textures, and if they would then go and add a few other filters or shaders it would give a stronger sense of feel for the game, look at the new link for example maybe a bit to cartoony but still in the same vein.

Thx
    funK, over

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.