Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2012 Hopefuls

Thanks
    ifemora- I heard that around the first week of April is when people receive the letter about scholarships and financial aid.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAugurWolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I got accepted to Illustration major! yayaya! DDD
    Isaac Liang
    blog

Thanks
    Got my financial aid package today...:/ Better than I expected but even with 5k in scholarship its impossible to attend. Going to try to negotiate with FA but I think I'm going to have to face the fact I can't be a CA major this year. Oh well. I'll probably go to RISD. Good luck everyone!

Thanks

ringling GPA issues

congratulations to all those accepted!

I have a question I am not sure if any of you can help me with for my Ringling CA application next year.

My Community College GPA sucks because of classes failed to drop in time due to some health issues I had about four years back. This year I have As on my transcript but my GPA is still going to suck from those Fs. I will not have time to bring it up to a 3.0 before applying at the end of the year. Is there any way I can explain situation? Will they think I have no drive? Or should I just submit my High School transcript if the GPA is better? Can I do that? I know my gen Ed classes will not transfer obviously.

Thanks so much in advance! Sorry if that was confusing. Oh yeah, but the time I send my app in I will have a whopping 2.6

Thanks
    hana_delirious- When I applied there is a section where you can attach a word document where you can say anything that isn't stated in the application. That's were you can say what was going on at the time and how you're getting better grades now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAugurWolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you, do you think they take this into much consideration? I know I'm putting most of my energy towards my portfolio, but I've just had these old bad grades on the mind. Did you have issues like it?

Thanks
    hana_delirious- I think they would prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher, but in your case I would hope they would view it across the board. All you can do is explain what happened and hope for the best. I had a bad GPA during my junior year of high school because of medical issues. I applied as a transfer this year so that didn't factor in but I mentioned it when I applied last year.

Thanks
    Thanks you for all the information! i was wondering if I should just submit my high school transcript with a decent GPA instead along with credits from some KCAI classes I am doing over the summer. I'd sacrifice transferring credits. I cannot tell which would be better for acceptance.

Thanks
    Well I got my financial aid package today. I won't be able to go to Ringling as well. At least I tried =)

Thanks

So... I'm on the waiting list...

Well, procrastination got the best of me. I applied to GAD, and I'm on the waiting list, and have been since about mid to late April (had some issues with sending my transcripts). I'm waiting with my fingers crossed for people to be unable to attend the GAD program.
    I was told that if I wanted to I could transfer into any other program (except of course CA), But i really only want to become a GAD.
    So please, if you cannot attend, don't hesitate to tell admissions. I'm not trying to be mean, or rude; I'd love to go to classes with any and all serious artists out there, but really if you need to for some reason or another open up some seats, I have a strong feeling us on the waiting lists will be most appreciative.

Supposedly the "drop out" is supposed to continue until mid-summer, so I won't know if I'm in or not until then. Talk about the wait being a killer.
    Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    Hey guys, I haven't kept up much with this thread... but if anyone has questions about the new first year program (it's pretty different from the old one from what I can tell), I'd be happy to answer. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted, and best wishes for everyone still waiting (I know it can be super stressful).

themegagod, I don't know if this is any help, but, I do know a few students who were able to switch to the GAD program after being in the media arts section (CA, ILL, GAD) during the first semester. It seems like they were making this exception for GADs, but I don't think CA let anyone transfer. I think it's all up to space in either department... but, do know that if you're in the Media Arts section for Illustration you will have the same curriculum as the GADs for the first semester. I would talk to your advisor if you don't manage to make it off the waiting list, but be sure to ask your counselor where you are on that list (he/she should be able to tell you) and hopefully you'll make it in.

Oh yeah, guys and be ready to work your butts off this year... it's definitely a big jump. Keep drawing. Lots. More than you think you should be doing.

Thanks
    I think I can certainly be grouped into the "hopeful" category, but I have some questions.

I applied to the Illustration major last year (Rather late) and was accepted, but was unable to attend due to financial reasons.
    I've been attending a local community college in the mean time, and am wondering how to go about the transfer process.
    I assume I'll need to re-apply, but for transferring of credits and financial information, is it best to give Ringling a call? Stop by the school?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thdark View Post
    I've been attending a local community college in the mean time, and am wondering how to go about the transfer process.
    Dude, I feel your pain. I went to a state uni for three years, got accepted into CA, and can't attend due to cost. I was a little pissed when I found out that Ringling charges for tuition using a flat rate - meaning that all students pay the same amount of money, pretty much regardless of how many credits they transfer. Even if some of your classes transfer - and I wouldn't expect many art classes to go through, mostly lib arts - it's still basically going to cost the same amount. Sorry buddy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bodied For This Useful Post:

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast