Sketchbook: Dizzy's Doodles! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dizzy's Doodles!

iven is offline Animator/ Eco-artist/ Caricaturist Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Conceptart.org is my school

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubix View Post
    Do you have any character rotations? I've done a few million at work, and I'd be happy to check them for you or if you have perspective stuff- I'm not terrible at that either.
    This is an offer I would not refuse, I am watching. Depending on your Portfolio I have to
    say a lot about it, not that I was accepted at any of the schools I tried, but I had a lot of
    Portfolio reviews, some schools look for personal expression in the Portfolio and
    other Like Seneca/Sheridan 4 good results from the given handouts !!

I was wrong to think that I would impress Concordia with my freelance work, cause they asked me
    what do you want at this school what is you goal in here! Still this forum is like SCHOOL and
    Rhubix one of the members who thought me a lot
    , so learn as you go if you get in school fine,
    IF NOT,.......sorry,...........but keep on posting cause you will look back in here and think WOOW
    that was me 2years ago,......

I love your nudes and here's where I find them http://lovecastle.org/draw/

Ps.: And hey what did I just say about kicking somebody ass/feedback rhubix just
    posted on my timeline to remember me to get back to the boring stuff,.....thats
    all they do in school you know !!

Last edited by iven; January 22nd, 2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: horrible english
    Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! Your cartoony display picture brought me here

I love that your drawings have a lot of life in them, like the gestures in post # 48. Your lines are very fluid and that's something I haven't been able to get yet :/ I used to be in 2D animation too, but once I started working, I started to hate it! Maybe it was just here in India, we had to work like we were in a factory or something..

Would be great if you could spend more time on your life studies and self portraits, etc, but I guess the animator in us is always thinking about speed sketching and deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!

I really like your style of colouring as well, keep it up!
    Check out artwork by Loish, you might find her work inspiring..
    Will be back for more

Hello! I'm trying to improve my artwork and I really could use your critique - S k e t c h b o o k

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm digging it, especially your clean lines. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sb
    i like your linework your ...as of now your art really fits Disney style animations
    keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping in ^^

And Firstly, thank you so much Miss Rhibix for the advice! And for catching the wonky-ness in my dude there. I do in fact have a turnaround WiP and would be forever grateful for you to tear apart for me, it's kind of a mess as of now, and not even a full blown turn yet... @w@; I also do sort of have a perspectivey type drawing I found from before I left my sampling gig in a produce department. Perspective is certainly on my "must focus on someday" list...someday! Anyway, hope you don't mind my repetitive thanks, cause it really means a lot to me.

Hi, diamandis! I'm glad you like those gestures! They were really just the best out of a whole bunch of stinkers, I should've posted more from the batch. But that page is going into my polished portfolio, wooo! I find that I actually work neater under such small time limits, because it forces me to really consider which lines should go where and such. As for the process, I basically try to make a formula that makes sense to me while I draw quick figures like that. It's the same as working from shapes first...only those weird liney shapes seem to click more with me...oh goodness does that make sense? I'm sorry. >.< But really, thank you for the kind words! I'll try to ramble a little more coherently in the future. x_x

Iven! hello hello! I must totally agree with you about the honorable offer from a talent like Rhubix ^^ And about this site, I can't believe how awesome and supportive this community is, just like a school as you mentioned. Always pushing each other to improve, it's exciting! And ohh yes, I do enjoy the drawing script...haha. ^^ While I continue my seemingly fruitless search for a life drawing session in my area it's very helpful to have websites like that.

Thank you, Sharon J! : ) I dunno, your lines looks pretty nice to me! I think you're getting the hang of the "fluid" just don't give up yet! And oh my goodness Loish! Yessss, I must say that I am indeed a fan. ^//^ Actually it was her art I had in my subconscious when painting the girl in #48. I didn't even notice until I was done, have you ever done that? It's a strange feeling, lol. Thank you again for stopping in!

And thank you Kiichi, and Xcarbon for the compliments! ^^ Hearing disney made me a little fuzzy, not gunna lie.

I wish I had more to show for this week....but instead of drawing I got the flu XwX

Oh! Sharon, you mentioned spending more time on studies and such, I actually have been working on a self portrait via mirror so I added it to the line. And woooo, self portraits have to be the most challenging I gotta say. But that's exactly what I need, no?

Name:  Penny.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  39.5 KBName:  fruit.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  212.4 KB
    Name:  self.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  51.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh, poop! I forgot I had a couple more doodles to include.

Name:  birdfeedergirl.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  326.1 KBName:  ninja.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  144.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really liking your style! You have really cute concepts! Hope to see more!

Sketchbook (Critiques Encouraged) | Tumblr Artblog | Blogspot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DizzySun-
    You have the right idea with your turn around- you just need to get more focused on the details. Animation is a lot more anal than illustration that way- since your drawings flow into one another, little differences in volume and height are more apparent than a sequential comic or separate illustrations.
    Pretty much every note is about detail stuff, which adds up. If you have questions please feel free to pm me - that way I'll get it right away, and can answer promptly.

Name:  CA3.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  263.2 KB

For perspective- the best time to start is right now. I cannot describe how much perspective drawing helps with cartooning. I would rank it right after gesture as most important.
    The example you gave involves perspective, but I wouldn't consider it a perspective drawing as you didn't plot out the vanishing points and adhere to them strictly. It seems you have a good sense of it - but more refined studies will really help you out.

Consider a situation where two characters are fighting over a chair. You have to get the chair and both characters on the same surface- place hands or butts on the chair- probably have the characters grab or push one another. Without perspective that's a monumental task - with a solid foundation in perspective you have all that extra brain power free to focus on making your drawings dynamic and fun.

Name:  CA4.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  89.4 KB

This is how I look at fundamentals - I do all this boring stuff over and over until it becomes instinct so that I don't have to waste as much brain on it when I'm doing fun stuff.

My cleanup teacher told me "focus on doing it correctly now, and speed will come in time." - she was definitely right . A full rotation of a character used to take me hours and hours of head-desk fun. Now I can do a bunch a day.

Happy sketching

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

iven is offline Animator/ Eco-artist/ Caricaturist Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the last two characters, would love to see the sketch from it.
    Do you draw/paint in PS, I love flash 4 drawing animating and painting.
    I don't think I can call it Painting it would be more Illustrating what I do.

I am looking forward to see what you did with the ROTATION tips from Rhubix.
    Nicely done Rhubix, thank's, I learn just by watching !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook dizzy! I see alot of talent in here. I love your colors also when you use them.

"Observing the world around me"

My Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...pper-(Updated)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello hello! Very sorry for the delay, busy busy month.

Rhubix, your input was extremely eye opening, thank you! I decided to try again on the turnaround utilizing the advice you gave me, this is what I have so far.
    I'm still having trouble rotating the dress in my mind, I like the wiggly look, but translating it to the side is proven to be very difficult to wrap my head around. The arms are mirrored for now, and i'm still trying to get the rotation just right, one of my worst habits in the past has been avoiding what I struggle in, and foreshortening will be a tough one to beat! But beat it I will...in time.

Name:  character sheet2.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  67.0 KB

My original plan was to correct the front and side, then complete the rotation and show you within a week..but c'est la vie. All in good time I suppose : )
    Also! I'm polishing some of my other stuff, and once my last application is sent off (next week..yowza!) I'm going to start drilling that perspective! The example I gave was awful, I get what you mean now about the difference between "has perspective" and "is perspective". >///<

jacilynw84 Hello and thank you! You've got some cute stuff yourself! And one more tumblr follower might I add. : )

Hello, iven! I'm glad you like them~ While I made the kitty pic entirely digital, I do have the original pencil sketch that spawned the birdie pic! And I do indeed use photoshop, alongside paint tool sai.
    Oooh, flash! It's an excellent program. I dabbled in it myself back when I was 15/16 I think? unfortunately though, this was when I was far too interested in making kawaii anime masterpieces and the interface confused my kawaii little mind. I should try it out again now that I'm older. And haha, that's a good question, perhaps illustration is a more accurate word. But then there are those who use actual paint to achieve the flat color style you get in flash....

Colour Coded Ahhh, thank you! I've actually been working on my colors recently : )!

Here's that sketch, Iven~ It went through quite a few changes before I was finished with it, heh. Wish I had more in betweens :/ And some other stuff too.

Name:  sketch.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  300.4 KB
    Name:  dahliandasiy.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  450.2 KB

Name:  lol.gif
Views: 278
Size:  84.8 KB

I made something that moves!

Thanks again everyone! Here's for more activity this month!

Last edited by DizzySun; February 23rd, 2013 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Updates! D:
    Your little rabbit animation is adorable =]

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm diggin' that cartoony style cool SB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely love your style! so glad i found this SB
    wonderful characters and nice gestures too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dahlia is adorable!! Daisy is cute too but Dahlia's hair gets the prize for me. The interior trace with no outline looks fab.

Your new rotation is much tighter. I remember when I first started doing them in the studio my director would sit at my station and just draw allll over my work- he'd zoom in 1600% and point out every overlap, every line that wasn't tapered to a pure point.
    Design can be extremely meticulous - depends on the show.
    The easy way to do the arms- is to lay them flat so there's no for-shortening
    happy sketching

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rhubix; March 28th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the cute cartoony characters

my sketchbook of fart...i mean art SketchBook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    V3T: hey there! ^^ Indeed, you've spotted my ever elusive updates! If we're really quite, we might spot another! And hehe, thank you~ I was pleasantly surprised to find animating EXTREMELY fun!

NeonPoweredFirefly: Hello, and thank you! It seems I'm forever bound to the cartoony ways, so it's a good thing I enjoy it. : )

rumpenstiltzkin: Oh goodness, you're too kind. I've peeked into your sketchbook before, so it's honor for you to drop into mine!

Rhubix: Hello again! And sorry I never did drop you that message D: I need to work on that shyness thing. I'm glad you like Dahlia~ She's my favorite of the pair also, to be honest I added Daisy as an after thought to practice style syncing. She'll need some more tweaking I think, If I ever want to use them a story.

And haha, I bet that was a fun experience, especially if you weren't use to that sort of "micro-editing" yet. I'm beginning to see that meticulous part. It's interesting that designs which are considered "simplistic" can at times require more attention to detail than more complex varieties.

And thank you for the extra visual on the skirt! likewise for the advice on arms- turnarounds are meant to be done quickly after all, it makes sense to leave the tricky stuff for when it's more appropriate. ^^
    As always, I really appreciate the time taken to help me out.

Rikert: Greetings, and thank you! ^^ your signature made me laugh btw...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Okay then...March has been the definition of business! Let's see, I rode a plane for the first time, which took me to San Francisco/California for the first time! (don't get me started on my opinion of the place, I'll be gushing over it all night.)
    Upon returning home I was notified of my acceptance into LCAD with a 5k yearly scholarship. This was followed by excitement and such for two weeks before the reality of the situation sunk in. Long story short, I decided the financial burden would be too much to live with. :/ There are other ways into the industry without the massive amounts of debt after all. It was the hardest, and most responsible decision I think I've ever made.
    So I'm now looking into attending the University of Texas at Dallas, not only does it have a dedicated animation major, it's got a friendly in-state tuition. Though it is 3D centered, and much more techy than I wanted. Regardless, it looks rather good, with impressive student work.
    I may end up loving the 3d process, who knows! But my heart is still set on 2D, so I'll be continuing that, along with visual dev/story art on a self-taught basis, but that's what sites like this are for. ; ) I could also use the money I'll save to enroll the in the various online workshops offered for those subjects, the options are plenty after all.

Okay, I think we're all caught up now....I really hope I'm not the only one who uses their SB as an actual journal thing...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's some artstuff to make up for the unbearable autobiography:

The first half were done for Laguna's very specific animation porfolio, the rest are scattered doodles and a bit of much needed anatomy refreshment. I'm getting rusty....
    I've also been fiddling in environment stuff, familiarizing myself with composition. Still need to start drilling perspective also.

Name:  expression.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  286.1 KBName:  expression2.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  329.5 KB
    Name:  boards.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  272.0 KBName:  ghoulie.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  239.9 KB
    Name:  doodledump.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  239.3 KBName:  dump.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  385.2 KB
    Name:  anatomydump.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  391.8 KBName:  anatomydump2.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  170.8 KB
    Name:  nightbalcony.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  166.2 KBName:  hills.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  256.6 KB

Thanks for dropping in~ : )

Last edited by DizzySun; March 31st, 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzySun View Post
    Rhubix: Hello again! And sorry I never did drop you that message D: I need to work on that shyness thing.
    haha- it wasn't mandatory, I just never know when I'll have time to wander through CA! Certainly, don't be shy though. Part of being a good employee in our industry is a willingness to ask questions. I hear the new guys at work whispering amongst themselves sometimes, trying to find an answer to a technical issue- and it's usually a simple fix, for those of us who've been kicking around the software for a while. Luckily, I'm not shy, and quite nosy so I always go help them

- I'm glad you like Dahlia~ She's my favorite of the pair also, to be honest I added Daisy as an after thought to practice style syncing. She'll need some more tweaking I think, If I ever want to use them a story.
    And haha, I bet that was a fun experience, especially if you weren't use to that sort of "micro-editing" yet. I'm beginning to see that meticulous part. It's interesting that designs which are considered "simplistic" can at times require more attention to detail than more complex varieties.
    Style matching makes me go crosseyed! haha. That's why, when in the design department, I'm just the kid rotating things and cleaning stuff up.
    For the most part I think the two girls sync-up. It's just the line choices. Dahlia has no hair outline, but does have trace lines inside the hair, Daisy has hair/ skin outline, no trace lines. It's kind of crazy how much time can go into style stuff. I was caught up in an e-mail discussion once where they were deciding between black outlines, or match lines (when different colours have different colour outlines.). It went on for days- until I finally explained how much longer trace lines took - we went with black .

The "simplistic" bit reminded me of my first cartooning class. Our instructor told us to draw Peep Chirp and Quack for "Peep and the Big Wide World". At first everyone kinda thought he was joking, but the proportions of those damned birds are meticulous. In some ways it is much easier to re-draw something like an anime character, because the clothes, hair and accessories will identify them- even if your drawing is down-right bad.

And thank you for the extra visual on the skirt! likewise for the advice on arms- turnarounds are meant to be done quickly after all, it makes sense to leave the tricky stuff for when it's more appropriate. ^^
    As always, I really appreciate the time taken to help me out.
    It's not as much quickly, as it is neutral. for most 2D shows the characters are broken into a rig- so you want your base character as neutral as possible. I worked on a show where the designer gave me a three-quarter front view in the tea-cup pose, because it was pretty. I had to re-pose to neutral, clean, rotate and break the characters - took forever >.<

Meanwhile- congrats on all the school stuff.
    There were parts of 3D that I really enjoyed. (I studied Maya for a year.) I think you'll excel at the lighting / texture stuff. What ever you end up doing you'll get where you're going. You just have to be stubborn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really cute charachters and very tasty colors! Would like to see some more dynamic situations too. Go go go, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah! I forgot you can use quotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubix View Post
    haha- it wasn't mandatory, I just never know when I'll have time to wander through CA! Certainly, don't be shy though. Part of being a good employee in our industry is a willingness to ask questions. I hear the new guys at work whispering amongst themselves sometimes, trying to find an answer to a technical issue- and it's usually a simple fix, for those of us who've been kicking around the software for a while. Luckily, I'm not shy, and quite nosy so I always go help them
    I can definitely see your point there. Timidness never really helps anyone, especially in such a collaborative industry afterall.

Style matching makes me go crosseyed! haha. That's why, when in the design department, I'm just the kid rotating things and cleaning stuff up.
    For the most part I think the two girls sync-up. It's just the line choices. Dahlia has no hair outline, but does have trace lines inside the hair, Daisy has hair/ skin outline, no trace lines. It's kind of crazy how much time can go into style stuff. I was caught up in an e-mail discussion once where they were deciding between black outlines, or match lines (when different colours have different colour outlines.). It went on for days- until I finally explained how much longer trace lines took - we went with black .
    The "simplistic" bit reminded me of my first cartooning class. Our instructor told us to draw Peep Chirp and Quack for "Peep and the Big Wide World". At first everyone kinda thought he was joking, but the proportions of those damned birds are meticulous. In some ways it is much easier to re-draw something like an anime character, because the clothes, hair and accessories will identify them- even if your drawing is down-right bad.
    Wow! That's both intriguing, and mind boggling! Reminds me of when I spend 5 extra hours on an image, just trying to decide between flats or shading. In the end I'll have 6 separate files of the same image, each in it's own particular style. Wise is the designer with a firm and decisive mind.
    And good old anime, where a hairstyle change made for a fool proof disguise!

It's not as much quickly, as it is neutral. for most 2D shows the characters are broken into a rig- so you want your base character as neutral as possible. I worked on a show where the designer gave me a three-quarter front view in the tea-cup pose, because it was pretty. I had to re-pose to neutral, clean, rotate and break the characters - took forever >.<
    Meanwhile- congrats on all the school stuff.
    There were parts of 3D that I really enjoyed. (I studied Maya for a year.) I think you'll excel at the lighting / texture stuff. What ever you end up doing you'll get where you're going. You just have to be stubborn
    Right! That makes more sense. I can imagine it would make for a much easier base for 3d rigging, not to mention cut-out style too? I'll keep my turnarounds neutral, and leave character quirks for the design sheets~ : )

Also, thank you! I've recently downloaded Maya and have fiddled a bit with modeling (don't even know how to begin with the lighting/textures, but I look forward to it now!). And I think once I get used to the clumsy controls I might actually find myself enjoying it. Also, thanks for the encouragement. That's the sort of sentence I need taped to my monitor!

Darsy: Thank you! ^^ You got me on the dynamics, I really need to force myself out of the comfort zone on that one. I'll focus on that for the next update~

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

I have much more to show, but for now I'll start with a small dose. In my ongoing quest to demolish my lifelong comfort zone, I've started experimenting with environments more.
    The first two are speed paintings I did last night (supposed to be 30 minutes, but I had a little trouble getting myself to stop, eh heh), followed by a scene I plan on completing.
    My focus was on creating depth and atmosphere, two things I shied away from in the past.
    Name:  cavespeed.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  141.1 KBName:  islandspeed2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  159.6 KBName:  castlewip.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  157.0 KB

I'll add some more here soon~ Hope everyone's well. ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! That's both intriguing, and mind boggling! Reminds me of when I spend 5 extra hours on an image, just trying to decide between flats or shading. In the end I'll have 6 separate files of the same image, each in it's own particular style. Wise is the designer with a firm and decisive mind.
    sounds designery to me! sometimes I'm waiting on stuff from colour check for an eternity- I can never figure out what they're doing with the stuff. grass- green, sky blue- approved gogogo haha.

my monitor suggestion - "sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something." Jake, the dog from Adventure Time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't mind me, I'm just paying your sb a visit to see how your work is going (purdy purdy stuff). Also, my belated congrats on being accepted to LCAD! I hope you have a stellar time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck on whatever way you decide about going to school! I know how much of a pain it is to be financially unstable and trying to go to school <.<
    Keep posting more stuff! ^_^

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay, we're back!

Rhubix: Ahh, yess! The ever wise Jake the dog~ Good thing there's room for both. ;3

NeonPoweredFirefly: Many thanks. ^^ It was a fun ride, but life is always unpredictable! I've decided to forgo the private school route for financial reasons, and continue the self taught coaster for now.

V3T: haha, thanks! It is indeed a tough one to get through. I have mad respect for the students who take the plunge and make it work. As for myself, I just couldn't get passed the nasty four letter word: debt! Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement~ Let's both keep chugging ahead. O 3O

Here's a little update. Some studies and doodles.

Name:  APRanatomy.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  388.4 KB Name:  bunbun.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  349.2 KB

Name:  girlydotcastle.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  418.0 KB Name:  may12.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  220.8 KB
    Name:  thatgirl2again.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  288.9 KB

The last one has been a WiP since march. I go back and forth with it and I'm finally just sick of looking at it! I loosely referenced internet stock, as well as my own face for shadows/lighting. I'll probably keep going back to it, but for now here's where I'm at.
    Anyway, till next time!

Last edited by DizzySun; May 17th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzySun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is something about that bunny that just makes you go 'd'awww' x]

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I reall like your little background thumb nails, guess they are done in PS.
    If I just take this page most of your toons stand like cardboard figures,
    looking straight at you, legs and hands very neutral.

Try to bring more life in your characters, let them do stuff like:
    Dancing, Gymnastics, chasing each other, making yoga poses.
    Do all this with very simple shapes before you jump in to details.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update? O_O

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OH MY GOSH! I thought the website was lost forever! I can't believe it, I must have been using a busted link when I kept checking back in jeeez. So sorry for my derpery! But I'm also thrilled to see everything is all and well here~

V3T:hehe, thanks! But if you like my rendition, you'll LOVE the source:
    Name:  bunnypic.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  133.4 KB
    Just look at that faaaccceee >w<

Iven:Thank you for the feedback! And you couldn't be more correct about my cartoons, the neutral poses are what I automatically turn to and that is just not good, eheh. That's something I'm definitely trying to be more conscious of, thanks again! I should definitely make it more of a priority. Nobody wants to see the same pose over and over and over again.

Rhubix: Update? Yes ma'am! Sorry again for my silly absence~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here's some of what I've been up to since my last update:
    I've begun to dabble more into environmenty and color studies in the form of limited palette speed paints. As well as working on over all composition, trying to create more illustration and story telling art. It's about time I start giving my characters a space to live in! This past month I've been quite smitten with two little Witch girls I came up, using a story I wrote when I was kid as inspiration. (oh, the nostalgia). I would really like make something more of these girls in the future!

Name:  alltogether.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  152.2 KBName:  loneshroomSMALL.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  224.5 KB
    Name:  bunnygestures.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  182.6 KBName:  painty.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  163.4 KB
    Name:  WitchyBios.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  154.3 KBName:  girly.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  85.7 KB
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  220.9 KB

I've been slacking on my gestures, admittedly. :C But now that I know CA is alive and well, I will kick myself back into gear and have something to show you next time! Hope everyone's been well and good. : ) 3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gosh love the bunny´s :3 also really nice with the enviro thumbs and colors

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rumpenstiltzkin: oh gosh, thank you! I really love your stuff, so that made me blush n stuff. ^//^;

Hi folks! Hope everyone has been well this month! Unfortunately, I don't have a whole bunch of art to show, What with School starting and yadda yadda-no excuses! What I have done though, has been focusing a great deal on environments and composition. While there's still so much to be improved upon, I have to admit that I'm quite happy with myself for even just doing it! I've probably already mentioned this (multiple times?), but my biggest problem as an artist through the years has been the avoidance of things outside my comfort zone. It feels good to challenge old habits, and even better to actually make progress against them! That being said, I've powered out of the comfort zone and my next objective is to completely understand how all this composition and environmental stuff works!

I've been seriously neglecting my gestures these past few months, so here's a very rough start to get back on track~ these are between 30sec to a minute.
    Name:  GesturesSept.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  323.7 KB

As for why my gestures have gone unrefined, I've been spending most of my time tackling them speed paints. Here's three from this month:
    Name:  SpeedPaints.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  371.8 KB

(Top 2 are from photo ref and the bottom from imagination.)

And next is what's really been hogging all my time this month:

Name:  RainyLines.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  155.3 KB

I spent a good amount of time on the linework here and I'm extremely pleased with it!
    I decided I should turn it into a nice illustration, and have been struggling with it ever since.

I started with this one, got lazy and 'scrapped' it for a simpler composition. But now that I'm looking at it again, I'm going to take another whack at finishing this one up.
    Name:  Waiting1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  316.9 KB

The perspective is probably wonky at parts, I'm very sure. In fact, if anyone has any specifics thoughts on that matter I would be VERY grateful to hear them!

And as always, thanks for stopping by 3

Last edited by DizzySun; September 22nd, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14