Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NatSmall's sketchbook or something (nudity)

Thanks

NatSmall's sketchbook or something (nudity)

Howdy! The name's Nat, this is my second (attempt at a) sketchbook here on conceptart, here's hoping I stick to it this time!
    I decided to come back because I'm just not getting enough crit on my stuff these days. I also want to get back into painting some studies and figure drawings, plus I'm going through an art style change so pretty much everything looks weird to me!

I'll just start by posting some random stuff I painted this year, I'll be uploading many sketches and such later!

And here's a link to my blog for anyone who's interested! http://natsmallpants.blogspot.com/

(changed the attached images to this one to change my sketchbook icon! Check out later pages for more recent art!)
    Last edited by NatSmall; February 27th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I like a lot of the things going on here. As long as you keep studying the basics. You should get much closer to your goal. Please check out my sketchbook and feel free to comment. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Welcome back! I have to say that i'm rlly fond of the way you use colors ^^ nice composition also in the mario painting! looking forward to see your studies i will stay tuned for moarrrghhh. Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by Ztak; September 26th, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typing error

Thanks
    Yo, glad you're giving an SB another shot! Really liking your character design work and use of color, and i love how you draw the eyes and noses on your female characters. Happy Mask salesman looks nice and creepy as well ;D You can't really go wrong with Zelda inspired work.

Hope to see more from you soon, any chance on you sharing some traditional pencil and paper work?? I just browsed your blog and saw a lot of good ones, gives up a better view at your process and we could probably provide more in depth crits for ya.

Anyway, Keep it up!

Thanks
    @dblock : Thanks man! I'll be sure to check that out!

@Ztak : Its good to be back haha! Ah jeez I'm in dire need of some in depth studies, gotta get back into the routine of doing them more often! And thanks, I'll be sure to check out your sketchbook too : )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AustenFM View Post
    Yo, glad you're giving an SB another shot! Really liking your character design work and use of color, and i love how you draw the eyes and noses on your female characters. Happy Mask salesman looks nice and creepy as well ;D You can't really go wrong with Zelda inspired work.

Hope to see more from you soon, any chance on you sharing some traditional pencil and paper work?? I just browsed your blog and saw a lot of good ones, gives up a better view at your process and we could probably provide more in depth crits for ya.

Anyway, Keep it up!
    Yeah for sure! I'm planning on uploading some sketches tomorrow. Sometimes I find my biggest weakness is the actual drawing part, coloring has always been my strength, but when you get down to it its probably the least important aspect of a drawing! Nice colors cant hide bad anatomy/composition after all.

Anyways, thanks for the input! I look forward to exchanging crits! c:

Thanks
    So here's some recent stuff, first two are studies obviously, I reeeeally need to work on hands. I have ALWAYS been terrible at hands so I'm actually going to sit down and tackle them once and for all! Also some character designs, still not completely used to this drawing style so any critique at all would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Hands are the bane of every artist. Eeuuughk.

I do enjoy your colouring, though in my opinion the colours look a bit saturated. I'd also like to see you get some practice on faces, too. But your style is great, very neat and appealing. (And I see Majora's Mask fanart! I loved that game as a kid.)

Thanks
    I'm trying to get some more movement in my sketches, mine always seem just so... boring and flat. And seeing as I want to go into animation I think its imperative that I work on gesture drawings!

Any and all crit welcomed!

Thanks
    Hoo-hah, cool sketches bud! I like how loose and flowing your lines are on those last two pages of gestures, work on more like that to help sneak more movement and flow into your work. Also, on that point, perhaps practice your gestures without lifting your pencil too often to build up more continuous lines and such.

Glad to see you posting with vigor, can't wait to see more!

Thanks
    @ umbravita : Its funny how hands are indeed the bane of all artists, yet they're infront of our faces all the time. I will never understand. And yeah I tend to go overboard on colors haha, and I havent done any face studies in months! I'll get on that! And yyyeeesss I love my zelda!

@ AustenFM : Thanks! Haha actually I was trying to avoid lifting my pen as much as possible on those last two pages, I'll definitely be trying that again! I've got lots of time to draw these days so I'll be posting often! : )

Thanks
    Here are some 30 second drawings I did yesterday but didn't have time to upload this morning before work. The larger poses on the second pic were done in 1 minute each I think....?

Thanks
    That is some way to start a SB! Great stuff! Are you a student or working already? Cheers, Tom

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast