Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sketchbook 1

Thanks

zombie mall

we had to do a concept of the mall of our town. Setting was during a zombie apocalypse
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    We had to design a robot that was set in the 70's and he had to have a job (craft)

Thanks
    I started with some shapes and straight hard lines, boxed in some form and the a friend of mine took over. We switched a few times and called it a day after 2 hours. We're very much aware of all the perspective mistakes and the hectic composition but is was really fun to do

Thanks
    Great start to your sketchbook! That zombie mall looks especially awesome - I love the pencil sketches you posted for it too.
    Please drop by my sketchbook and help me improve!

--
    Or check out the following:
    My portfolio and blog
    My facebook
    I'm also available for work! Email me at anasteinerart@gmail.com.

Thanks
    I tried to enter the eow of a few weeks back but now with the finals it's impossible to get things done.

Thanks
    free work I did for my finals last week. I was just doing a speedpaint and started to have fun with it so I just kept working on it. Where it's finished I just imagined that the production people walked in the room and said:" we need your work now". I worked 5 hours on it which seems too much for where it's at but I suppose I can forgive myself for at least reaching a point where I could start to add details.

Thanks
    We have to develop hobo characters for the Anti-gumball race as a final assignment. I've got Charlie, lovely chap. French, loves jules verne and has to take care of an old hobo's dog. I think the dog's the stronger personality...

Thanks
    Thank you Bobtail

Thanks
    It was really late, I'd done a lot of sketches for my hobo and ACDC was keeping me company... I just couldn't resist. (he's playing a prostetic leg cause Charlie's old friend had one and the dog never lets go of it. I just wondered what would happen if he did)

Thanks
    one of my first composition studies. I did more but I'm changing the little vehicle they push around again so I'll just start over... the truth is that I just like the Arc de Triomph I did in the background... it's silly but I enjoyed doing it

Thanks
    My final assignment for sub-d modeling. It's the first car I've ever done so I'm not really happy about how it turned out. Althought the result is better than what I thought myself capable of. Next time I'll just make sure it's closer to perfection.

Thanks
    Ok, time for bed now (yes I know it's way to early for an aspiring artist but I have a programming exam next monday and I really suck at that)

@Blindshot: For the skills I'd like to improve I'm honestly hoping to manage a bit more time and practise hard on my fundamentals. I have been drawing analog a lot this year (maybe a bit too much to scan all that stuff in and more doodles to achieve a feeling of confidence and loosness in my drawings which I lack.

I'm thinking really hard about what I'd like to do. I'm not the youngest New Kid on the block (29y ) so it's something I really have to think about... I sometimes don't know if I'd be able to keep up with that competition of younger people if I chose the world of concept art and as for illustration... I have a feeling it would take me at least 5 to 6 more years before even achieving a personal style of drawing/painting so I'll just have to make sure to get my fundamentals down first.

I'm also in a game development school so I need to learn 3D, drawing/painting, game design (psychologie, phylosophy) and programming at the same time. If I now pass my first year I'll have more time to spend on practicing but I have weekly deadlines for all five of the modules which allready eat up all my time (I'm currently at around +60 hours just for school) and the little time left I try to practice with drawing or painting.

I'm just now starting to understand how I could really improve so I think that only in about a year from now you'll really see me boost up towards some wonderfull career path.

Ok, sleep time now C++ nightmare await...

Thanks
    Ok, I didn't like the concept of what I had before. So I started again which led to not beeing able to really finish it. I know there's mistakes in everything but I had to make sure I had all that was asked and I like this concept a lot better. Hopefully it kind of speaks for itself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast