Art: ever hear of the book "drawing realistic textures in pencil"?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question ever hear of the book "drawing realistic textures in pencil"?

"Drawing Realistic Textures in Pencil"
    ever hear of this book? I draw from life a lot and I want to be able to do some more realistic renderings. I was thinking of gettin this here book and practicing drawing different textures... I thought it can't hurt. But I want something that teaches me a theory, not a how to. Like if I want to draw a human I want to learn the anatomy, not a "draw a circle here. now put an eye here."
    So anyone ever hear of this book? Are there any other good or better books on the subject?

Oh yeah... if there are any other books, they obviously don't have to be just in pencils. I mainly use pencil, charcoal, and do some inks... I want to learn to paint too, but I'm more concerned with learning to draw really well before moving into color.

sooo yeah... thanks in advance, eh

--Keith
    www.lynxerror.com/~spear
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I have the book. It's not bad but it's mostly a tutorial on how to draw specific scenes. There is some valuable information in there however, especially when the author talks about the reflective properties of graphite vs. charcoal. Also, he mentions some effective tips on how to use kneaded erasers and blending stumps. If you like to learn by watching somebody do something and explain why they are doing it, then this book is for you.

I forget how much the book costs, but if you have some extra Christmas money laying around and if the book is under $20, I would say get it. But if you're a strapped for cash, just keep searching the web for some tutorials on the same subject.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excellent book! i have it and love it, i learned a lot from it. there are a lot of little tips and tricks in it. i bought it off of amazon for 20 bucks i think. definately worth picking up if you are into pencil rendering.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.