Thanks

Random experience

Today I enterviewed for an internship at Envoi Design. They're a really small studio here in Cincinnati. I see so many bad illustrations done for big companies that I assumed these guys wouldn't be that great. They are doing a lot of concept work for K'nex. They were f*cking incredible. They're finished concepts were far better than the finished illustrations for the packages. It shocked me. It also scared the crap out of me that there are so many incredible artists out there that the public never gets to see their finished stuff. It sounds like I'm going to get an internship with very few hours and little pay but I'm psyched if I get it. So much better than factory work.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    congrats dude.

It blows me away too how much incredible art I'll never get a chance to see.....it's insane......but amazing at the same time.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    I know what you mean...every time I turn around it seems there is some great artist I never heard about.

Man do I wish I could go to Kings Island...I got a hankerin' to ride some roller coasters! and then eat some Gold Star Chili afterwards...

Thanks
    Thanks.

It just occurred to me, say in that situation, does it ever happen where say K'nex would have seen that the concept artist was better than they're illustrator and hired him to come to K'nex and do that? Or since he's working in a studio do they avoid that because it would pull him out of that studio (hurting that studio) and give them a bad rep with studios? This is all assuming that they have on staff illustrators and don't outsource the illustration as well.

Thanks
    Gold Star is terrible. The chilli here is terrible. Ohio doesn't know how to make chilli. They're chilli is soup to me.

Thanks
    hey good luck man, i hope you get it.

i too am looking for an internship (in the LA area) but then i looked at your site and realised that i have a long way to go before i can get one. your stuff is really good

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Thanks for the compliment. Your website design is pretty neat. By looking at your graphic design I'm sure you can get a graphic design internship. A lot of the concept art studios need designers too. From there maybe you could work into the concept arena. THe design for Fusion arena where it was two F's facing each other, creating an A was a genius. I really thought that was a high quality design. very clever.