Sketchbook: Whizzkid Sketchbook

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Whizzkid Sketchbook

What's up people!

So I'm trying to learn how to draw, figured I wasn't alone about that, so I found you guys. Hi...

Anyways - This is my sketchbook. I'm studying 3D Design/Animation/Games Design in Norway. Don't really care about making games much, I just like making things look cool. I reckon I'm not alone about that either

Though my main subject is 3D Modeling, I've always loved to draw - just always kinda given up on it cause the mountain of things to learn and know seemed impossible to climb. But the last few weeks things have really improved, much thanks to a friend of mine "Iddi" from this forum, and doing a bunch of research and looking up quality information.

It's crazy how much proper information will do to your drawing. One month ago I couldnt have drawn a drawing like the one seen below, even if my life depended on it. What goes even further to prove my point about proper knowledge is that in this one month period, I've drawn a total of maybe 3 drawings + a few 5 minute doodles here and there. Im only saying this to maybe help other aspiring artists who, like me, feel, or have been feeling like they will get the hang of drawing. I drew this frog and kept on walking out of the room and coming back in to see if it still looked the way I thought it did, cause it was so much better than anything I had ever drawn before. And it was all due to learning theory and then being shown/told how you do that in practice.

So anyways, hope that's inspiring to some- I've been depressed about drawing all my life cause I wanted it so bad, but just couldnt get it, but now.. Though there is miles still to go.. Things are starting to look up.. So- just keep at it, is all im saying.. It really does work.

Sorry about the wall of text, I just really wanted to say that.

So this is a W.I.P of a frog im doing. Obviously i got caught up rendering his face, probably shouldnt have done this early, but yeah.. I kinda got into it and couldnt believe how well the things I had learned in theory actually worked, so I had to see how far I could push it..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, it's great to see you finally got over here. as i've said before this frog is so much better than stuff you've done before, keep this up and you'll be awesome in no time great to see you use big brushes too, as people who are just starting to learn how to draw tend to stick with details before even developing the basic shapes, making the results looking detailed, but no more. great job, can't wait to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, just read your little story there, pretty impressive... I'll be watching.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So busy! I take an interest in too many things, can't juggle em all.

Anyways, here's an update on my frog, I only get to paint like an hour here and there, and I'm really slow, so the changes arent that huge.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking good, man! don't be afraid to work on everything all the time, not finishing just any one part of the picture if you keep every part of the drawing as finished as any other, you can decide you're done whenever you want

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good point... Haha!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, but it's the kind of thing it's hard to figure out by yourself. as with almost everything related to drawing :p

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.