Extra-Sensory Perception - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea.....

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BirdBirdBirdX3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    General result of the thread: little surprise.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Challie View Post
    General result of the thread: little surprise.
    General level of suprise at content of this post from you at this stage: none.

The sad fact is that it is utterly impossible to determine wether or not you're a troll or not. There is really no difference, apart from beeing a troll would be less embarassing than beeing someone who seriously gives any credence to the sort of thing you've been posting on.

There is a difference between having an open mind and letting your brain fall out, the contents of your posts crossed that particular line a long while back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    \_(ツ)_/

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 757 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan n View Post
    \_(ツ)_/
    .................... (. .)
    ........................ ),(
    .................. (\#/ )
    .................... \ | /
    ...................... (/\)
    ........................ /_ 9

Last edited by Chris Bennett; September 27th, 2011 at 06:51 AM.
    From Gegarin's point of view
    http://www.chrisbennettartist.co.uk/

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris Bennett For This Useful Post:

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,052 Times in 943 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    8=============D - - - - - -

it's a generation ship testing the deathray

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    <oo><oo>_>+=+=+=+=+=+=>..>..>+=+=+=+=+=+=(O)

It's Orion on its way to Jupiter.

EDIT: Ooops... I mean it's 'Discovery' on it's way to Jupiter...

Last edited by Chris Bennett; September 27th, 2011 at 07:35 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Bennett For This Useful Post:

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい! Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,052 Times in 943 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    8=======D - - - - - - - <oo><oo>_>
    pew pew pew pew pew pew
    This is my generationship shooting down orion (discovery)

Last edited by Randis; September 27th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OH NOOESSS the generationship is heading towards the planet URANUS

8=======D .......... (x)

lols

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SalOnimaruRem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mimer View Post
    General level of suprise at content of this post from you at this stage: none.
    You win.

Haha, really liking the direction now!
    Actually it was even better on the previous page, but only because of kev ferrara's post. That pitcha had me laughing for hours, almost constantly. And the "Line of HORSESHIT" puts the icing on it; as soon as i think about that, the hilarity becomes relentless.

That probably confirms me as a troll, but ok now im seryass (really). In this paragraph i am not referring to the original subject of this thread, but just generally speaking of 'conspiracy theories' and the way people respond to them. I think it's pretty well known that the truth on many subjects is covered up. What fascinates and baffles me is the complacency; people just accept it, so few people will question these things often because we see people who do going crazy/getting too deeply involved in a subject or paradigm of subjects to the point of obsession. And i completely understand the annoyance and frustration incurred by a person doing so, talking about it every day, etc. The sad fact is that whether you believe these kinds of things or not tends to drop the individual on one side of the fence, and no matter how much said individual may care about the people on the other side, there is simply no way to convince them without coming across as a total douchebag.

Incriminating evidence of many subjects can be found in a single article, which extends into subjects that are way too crazy for people.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Last edited by Max Challie; September 27th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope s.ketch's post comes up before this one so i don't double post.
    As to ESP, i completely agree with the concept that thought reduces awareness. In Wing Chun, we are trained to react, not think. This is probably true for most Martial Arts, but Wing Chun is the only one i can speak upon. The time spent thinking can and will result in getting hit in the face. Relying on reaction and training the body to react instantly yields different results, such as maintaining one's personal safety in situations of threat/danger. Over years, the drilling effect of it affects, what i presume to be, the water molecules in the body. But water is very influenceable, and can change quickly. So it probably comes down to cellular memory.

1, 2, 3
    On the whole, this is how i feel about the result of these threads of mine:

Keep calm and carry the fuck on! But it's definitely time to stop talking and start walking.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Relying on reaction and training the body to react instantly yields different results, such as maintaining one's personal safety in situations of threat/danger. Over years, the drilling effect of it affects, what i presume to be, the water molecules in the body. But water is very influenceable, and can change quickly. So it probably comes down to cellular memory.
    wut?

Your muscle memory and instinctual reactions are based on... the water molecules in your body?

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    wut?

Your muscle memory and instinctual reactions are based on... the water molecules in your body?
    Of course Jake, didn't you know? Water has memory. That's how homeopathy works!

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wut?

He probably watched What the Bleep Do We Know? where some lady said some other guy proved that feelings influences the shape of water molecules.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thread needs more Tim Minchin. (ALL threads need more Tim Minchin.)

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There will be more Tim Minchin. I can feel it in my water.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The water around today is the same water that was drunk by the dinosaurs and further back beyond that. It's all been exactly the same water only recycled trillions of times.
    So if you want to know what the inside of a dinosaur's bladder looked like, or what it was like to be a tiny part of Abraham Lincoln, or what the earth looked like before life evolved... why, just ask some water. But I wouldn't crack open a bottle of that homeopathic stuff - it has a very, very selective memory and wouldn't tell you anything you didn't already want to know.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Bennett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't mean to say they're the same, just that they could both be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by s.ketch View Post
    He probably watched What the Bleep Do We Know? where some lady said some other guy proved that feelings influences the shape of water molecules.
    That and Masaru Emoto's book. It's all BS though aye?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't mean to say they're the same, just that they could both be involved.
    Could you please explain your theory of how water molecules store information within your body (which ultimately leads to your reactivity)?

I'm curious as to whether you've come up with these theories yourself or if you've just been stuffing yourself with disinformation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One day, i was listening to some of what i posted earlier (tech drum & bass, aka FUNK), and i put a glass of water on the subwoofer. I forgot about it for a couple of hours, but it was the crispiest water i have ever tasted!

Could you please explain your theory of how water molecules store information within your body (which ultimately leads to your reactivity)?
    As i said originally, i think it depends more on cell memory. When you practise something for long enough, especially something physical, you sort of 'become' it. It becomes second nature, and possible to reach where you left off years ago within hours. I don't really know how to explain this, but it's true. Maybe just give it a try (a lot to ask, but Martial Arts do spiritual wonders anyway).

I'm curious as to whether you've come up with these theories yourself or if you've just been stuffing yourself with disinformation.
    Kind of speaking from experience, which is bullshit, so nevermind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The water was agitated. The amount of air in it increased. Sort of like carbonation but much more subtle and to a lesser impact on overall taste.

Things that we practice become second nature to us because our brains literally rewire themselves. The neural networks change so when something is repeated over and over, it gets easier to do. It's basic brain development. I've never played an instrument. But If I took a CT tomorrow and then picked up piano, played for 10 years and then took another CT, there would be a change.

Another thing that changes is your muscles. People who lift weights can fine tune their muscles for a task. High-weight and low repetition helps increase how fast your muscles react. Lower weight and higher repetition more effectively increases strength. I draw with one hand so the muscles in my right hand are more suited to perform drawing tasks. Games of hand-eye coordination will help increase accuracy of your movements. These things change how muscles work, and work together. It changes the way your brain engages your muscles. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "muscle memory." Which is a colloquial term for what I've just described.

This isn't mystical or supernatural. Cells don't have a place to store memory (other than DNA, but that's a different kind of data). Pick up a basic biology book and take a look at cell anatomy. Plus there are different kinds of cells. A neuron is a wee bit different from a skin cell which is different from a muscle cell. It's part of our basic biology for these things to grow and adapt to what we experience. Whether it's painting or being a professional athlete.

Have some Sagan.

Last edited by s.ketch; September 30th, 2011 at 01:56 AM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think a lot of people are being hostile to the OP just because it's a frightening concept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with you, s.ketch. But it still makes sense to me that vibrations will crystalize water molecules.

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with you, s.ketch. But it still makes sense to me that vibrations will crystalize water molecules.
    Vibration increases heat energy.

Water crystallizes with a loss of heat energy.

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What do you call crystallized water?

ICE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with kev, but I think on the whole we're gonna need to agree to disagree on this subject of water.

Last edited by Max Challie; October 2nd, 2011 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't agree to disagree with anyone who thinks H20 crystallizes above freezing (in areas of reasonable atmospheric pressure). It's not some vague, debatable theory of how water works. It's an undeniable observable fact that you can do at home with a glass of water and a freezer.

You're pulling my leg right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do agree with you on that point, but the concept of water being influenceable works well for me. With that in mind, what reason do i have to stop believing in it just because "our God, science" has proven it wrong?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do agree with you on that point, but the concept of water being influenceable works well for me. With that in mind, what reason do i have to stop believing in it just because "our God, science" has proven it wrong?
    "You can ignore reality but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

Or maybe you can. Maybe you'll safely make it to death believing in utter nonsense because you're a big boy now and you're going to show reality who's boss. And on your death bed you'll lay there and not regret a single issue you've ever subscribed to. Sadly, there often isn't any real consequence for someone being stupid.

All I can say is that I'm absolutely thrilled to look at a glass of water on a speaker and know that it's not solidifying because of the vibrations. That tickles me silly.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.