Extra-Sensory Perception

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Extra-Sensory Perception

Wow. Maybe one element of the computer game F.E.A.R. is real. Well actually no ability to slow down time, but ESP reminded me a lot of FEAR. Developing Special Forces units to maximise their awareness? It's about as close as we're probably going to get, for now (although this was developed decades ago, maybe psychic commanders are real! heh) I apologize for some of the pages being tilted.

Name:  CCF23092011_00000.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  231.7 KBName:  CCF23092011_00001.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  257.2 KB
    Name:  CCF23092011_00002.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  245.5 KBName:  CCF23092011_00003.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  199.0 KB
    Name:  CCF23092011_00004.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  185.8 KBName:  CCF23092011_00005.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  247.7 KB
    Name:  CCF23092011_00006.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  254.3 KB

Interesting?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Do I even have to say it?

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What were you going to say? You didn't read the article, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I "pararead" it.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the cartoon is funny...
    I don't know much about ESP and self hypnosis but I did do some research once on lucid dreaming which after practicing you can achieve some sort of similar effects.
    What draws me back is the mentioning of paranormal and para-physics. There is much highly respected medical and psychiatric work done on the subject but this specific article (true I didn't read it all) seem to deal more with bs and guesses then actual facts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    double post for some reason
    what about next time you bring an article that is not from nexus?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to come up with something witty and ironic ... but really? Really, Max? How the fuck can you give this an iota of credence - it has formulas for Psychic energy in it for fuck's sake!

The bibliography alone reads like a collection of bedtime stories for gravely mentally ill, and, this article's greatest contribution to humanity, if anything, is setting new records of gullibility. It's hogwash, stay the fuck away from that shit.

Brendan Noeth

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brendan N For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 767 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My remote viewing skills aren't up to par today so I had to dip my nose in that horse dung.
    My god! If someone wants to persuade people of this undiluted nonsense they are going to need better writing skills for a start.

EDIT: Max, Brendan has just nailed you on the other thread - you ARE a decent troll.

Last edited by Chris Bennett; September 23rd, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
    From Gegarin's point of view
    http://www.chrisbennettartist.co.uk/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Bennett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    *cough* *cough* JREF *cough*

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, my regular telepath is on vacation, and the replacement isn't worth junk and couldn't even make out the title of this article. Said the print was too small.

It'll have to wait until the regular one returns; his clairvoyance is much better. Then I could post a real comment, not this pathetic hand-typed note!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Figure 8:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kev ferrara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,056 Times in 945 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vineris View Post
    *cough* *cough* JREF *cough*
    i did see that SGU banner on that page and my heart jumped when i saw the recent date, thought they will continue the show but then i clicked... FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Lol, I just went through the film "The Men Who Stare at Goats" to make a vocab list for students. I shoulda just used this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Erayo View Post
    the cartoon is funny...
    I don't know much about ESP and self hypnosis but I did do some research once on lucid dreaming which after practicing you can achieve some sort of similar effects.
    I have heard a lot about lucid dreaming, and have experienced dreams/nightmares that seem more real than reality (I think due to empathy), although i have never deliberately induced a lucid dream. I reckon those dreams of mine would have more to do with a Delta wavelength of sleep, but this whole paragraph is pretty much unsourced crap. I don't know much about the different stages of sleep, but i know that we do go through different stages that get more intense as they progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan N View Post
    it has formulas for Psychic energy in it for fuck's sake!
    Hahaha

The bibliography alone reads like a collection of bedtime stories for gravely mentally ill,
    I partially agree with this.

I must apologize to everyone. I am sorry for posting stuff that's obviously too far outside your world of acceptance. At the same time, you should keep in mind that it's entirely up to you; whether or not to view the thread, and whether or not to post. I don't see how i am "trolling" by posting threads that i think people may find interesting. I am not posting this stuff and saying 'you must believe in this', i am sharing articles that i find interesting, because i find them interesting. It is not compulsory that you click any of my threads, nor is it that you post. I am by no means offended at what anyone has said, but i do laugh at some of you.

Something that intrigues me is the amount of people who concentrate on what they don't like. Isn't it more logical to stick you what you do like?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, many of the veterans of the CIA's "Star Gate" program seem to be making a brisk living on the interwebs by offering "remote viewing" lessons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Gimme a real super power, like ice breath or something.

ESP is lame.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    tldr.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 833 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am sorry for posting stuff that's obviously too far outside your world of acceptance.
    Yeah. ESP killed my father, so I'm having a little trouble accepting it into my world of understanding. I mean, if he just apologized then maybe...

I think this thread deserves a song though.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Max: You did give us a leading "interesting?" at the end of your OP inviting us to comment.
    And Brendan did call you a decent troll. So take some credit and comfort in that...

Last edited by Chris Bennett; September 25th, 2011 at 07:11 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Bennett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Challie View Post
    I must apologize to everyone. I am sorry for posting stuff that's obviously too far outside your world of acceptance. At the same time, you should keep in mind that it's entirely up to you; whether or not to view the thread, and whether or not to post. I don't see how i am "trolling" by posting threads that i think people may find interesting. I am not posting this stuff and saying 'you must believe in this', i am sharing articles that i find interesting, because i find them interesting. It is not compulsory that you click any of my threads, nor is it that you post. I am by no means offended at what anyone has said, but i do laugh at some of you.
    "Oh, I'm really sorry guys! I didn't realize you were all too stupid to understand all of this, it must be frighteningly scary for you all! That said, you guys don't have to concern yourselves with the truth. If it upsets you so much, you can just ignore it all - it'll be okay. I was just trying to enlighten you all, see? It does makes me chuckle, however, reading your comments!"

Brendan Noeth

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brendan N For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    tldr.
    ts,yshbp

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bennett View Post
    Max: You did give us a leading "interesting?" at the end of your OP inviting us to comment.
    Good point.

And Brendan did call you a decent troll. So take some credit and comfort in that...
    Heh. I thought 'decent' was more about efficiency; as if he was saying that i'm good at trolling. I don't think it's possible to be more or less annoying as a troll, i.e. you're either a troll or not. This thought is most likely incorrect, due to it being too black and white/rigid

Brendan, that's a perfect characterization, and thanks for a good laugh. I did post this only because i thought you guys might be interested. The thing is, i guess, that we come from different worlds of thinking. Apparently you don't consider "psychic energy" to be a real thing, that's just from video games and movies right? To me, the concept is pretty normal. Can i ask you a question; have you ever had the experience of, let's say, making a coffee while not thinking anything in particular; blank minded, only to have a random thought pop into your head that someone is about to knock on the door?

I have experienced this on several occasions. Often the message comes specified as to who it is.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Can i ask you a question; have you ever had the experience of, let's say, making a coffee while not thinking anything in particular; blank minded, only to have a random thought pop into your head that someone is about to knock on the door?

I have experienced this on several occasions. Often the message comes specified as to who it is.
    You do realize that, statistically speaking, it would be far more unusual if things like this never happened than that they do?

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, i presume most people experience this. But i'll wait for more answers to see, which in themselves will probably be different now that i've posted this.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Max, have you been eating Rupert Sheldrake's magic cheetos?

One corrective: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12530740

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My Mother and I have an odd connection with each other related to so called "ESP". Same with my her and my brother. On occasions more than I can count, we call each other at the exact same time, text each other out of the blue at the same time, and a lot of the time it is about the same subject. The way it happens is completely random and that is just a small part of it. Of course, I know my mother better than most people as does she know me, but the way these type of instances are odd and unusual enough to take notice.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Samuel Gray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brendan, that's a perfect characterization, and thanks for a good laugh. I did post this only because i thought you guys might be interested. The thing is, i guess, that we come from different worlds of thinking. Apparently you don't consider "psychic energy" to be a real thing, that's just from video games and movies right? To me, the concept is pretty normal. Can i ask you a question; have you ever had the experience of, let's say, making a coffee while not thinking anything in particular; blank minded, only to have a random thought pop into your head that someone is about to knock on the door?

Yes, I've had those experience many, many times. You know what happens with a frequency several orders of magnitude greater? Thinking of someone without anything happening of any significance whatsoever.

Throughout my childhood, we had this large clock in the kitchen - a cheapskate relic from the 80's, coated in fake gold, a feature of my oldest memories. The day my grandmother died, the clock stopped working. More or less to the minute. Two weeks later it started working again, without (to my understanding) having been fixed.

Now I could have interpreted this as some supernatural manifestation and engage in the type of mental masturbation that would have led me to think like you. But I didn't. I was correct in my conclusion that any number of thing might have happened at any point, and the fact that my grandmother's death and cease of function of an old clock happened to coincide is not indicative of anything.

I've had those types experiences too. So when you cite your personal experiences as evidential, all you're doing is admitting your own failure to rationalize and analyze events correctly. It is a failure on your part, not a lack of something on mine. You have been duped, you have been fooled, and all the evidence to the contrary you ever needed was there all along.

Brendan Noeth

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brendan N For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    have you ever had the experience of, let's say, making a coffee while not thinking anything in particular; blank minded, only to have a random thought pop into your head that someone is about to knock on the door?
    No. People generally don't get past the entry code of our current apartment to ever reach our door, and I don't count it if I can hear their footsteps every single time like in our last apartment.
    Though that weird 2 A.M mail guy jump-scares me every single time he brings mail in the middle of the night, so it would be very useful if I could know he's coming. But alas.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan n View Post
    "oh, i'm really sorry guys! I didn't realize you were all too stupid to understand all of this, it must be frighteningly scary for you all! That said, you guys don't have to concern yourselves with the truth. If it upsets you so much, you can just ignore it all - it'll be okay. I was just trying to enlighten you all, see? It does makes me chuckle, however, reading your comments!"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited by ArtZealot; September 26th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ArtZealot, why have you drawn a picture of someone looking bemused at a table that's been kicked over with a plate upturned on the floor. (I'm interpreting the middle 'J' as a door in the room positioned a bit like the one Velazquez is standing at in 'Las Meninas')

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 833 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's supposed to be a dude who flips a table over.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

44. The Following User Says Thank You to tobbA For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.