suggestions for a computer

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: suggestions for a computer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

suggestions for a computer

looking to build or buy a computer for network rendering. not really sure where to start. It's been about 3 years since I built a computer. any suggestions on if I should buy or build? any idea the kind of hardware I should get? just looking at a tower for now.

need something affordable, probably not absolute top of the line, but definitely something that can cook up some 3D in a decent amount of time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    see recomended hardware for Eon Vue 9,, that is like a beast for 3d rendering, if you can render that fast than you can render everything else

Click and see my Deviantart account http://ban---kai.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    any particular hardware of choice though? as far as video card and type of processor and all of that. I know there are several different types of processors even if they are the same speeds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you're getting into network rendering, don't you want to start a small farm via a rack mount type setup? Or are you just looking to build a single beefed up node to attach to other who have built their own rigs and you guys get together at a physical location and link to a router/switch? I've been mulling around the idea of building a rack myself with the intention of dabbling into highly detailed 3D/ACAD projects further in the future as a hobby, so I checked ebay for a few components and it's mega cheap to build a rack....if you're using it to get paid for your work. Unless 3D is your complete and total life, I say build a smoking rig and network with other associates who have the same taste in hardware configs, then expect the job to complete faster, but only as fast as the slowest rig in the group. Or you guys can start a local user group, donate a few dollars to the treasury and build a rack all of you can use when need be. At this point you can advertise via flyer to local schools to rent the use of the rack to students who have projects to complete for their classes. Think about all of this dude, and have a solid plan that works for everyone involved, especially yourself.

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.