Sketchbook: Luskan's Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Luskan's Sketchbook

I've been here for ages and just realised I haven't put much up at all, or even made a sketchbook so i've decided to make one now.

Hopefully it'll keep me motivated to do more work!
    I'm also not sure If I can post old stuff, but i'm going to start of with some oldish to newish sketches and such just to start off.

Life Drawings, done from observation. Some are really naff but ah well :/

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Luskan; November 29th, 2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: New images/too big
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oh yeah and an eye as well

Last edited by Luskan; November 29th, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks
    Just some digital stuff. I didn't post most of it elsewhere because it just wasn't good enough really.

The Metroid piece I still haven't finished, and i'm not sure whether I should.
    The sub-zero redesign has an awful pose and anatomy problems. The Noob Saibot painting took me a while, it's ok but looking back on it looks quite bland and desaturated(?) Just needs more life to it. I ran out of time because I went back to Uni. The environment isn't that bad, but I just think it belongs as a sketch mainly.

Last edited by Luskan; November 29th, 2011 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks
    This is just some 3D stuff for I did for a Uni. The sculpt was of a Uni friend and the Doorway is a mixture of Western style saloon doers and Japanese Torii gates.

Oh yeah, and a random cliff face I started working on. Haven't done much more with it though.

Thanks

100 Thumbnail Silhouettes

At Uni we are now being introduced to concept art and after re-imaging an existing IP, We have to do 100 silhouettes before we get to the final character design.

My game is set around the 1500's, and features a main character called Eleanor, daughter of the current King. To put things in context, her father is a bitter man as his wife (your mother) died in child birth. As a result she was often neglected and treated badly. She turned to the Kings brother, a noble knight, for guidance and found a passion in sword fighting and the way of the warrior. Eleanor excelled in this field and even took things a step further using a free-running parkour style to evade and plan attack.

So she is a strong character and given her past and parkour style - pick any silhouettes that stand out to you. Doing 100 of them was actually pretty tough with those constraints and a lot of them have minor changes.

Last edited by Luskan; November 29th, 2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Too big

Thanks
    Continuing from the last post, these are a selection of those thumbnails which I have detailed more. These are by no means final and I will be working on possibly two in more detail, but if anyone has particular ones they like (in relation to her character in above post) then that'd be cool to hear which ones

Thanks

Eleanor Final Design

This a rough final design concept for Eleanor, along with orthographic views which show the costume in more detail. I had literally no time to look into costume further/correct anatomy which is a shame. The final painting took me a day, It shouldn't have really and once again. It seems to just lack that value. My knowledge of colour is naff since I never painted before using Ps. The 3/4 view painted looks awful :/ I'll have to do some studies in to get better I guess.

Thanks
    Just some supporting sketches, and random hands. Getting used to this new biro which can look really nice.

Thanks
    I think you should so a lot of anatomy studies, all of your paintings and drawings shows a lack of anatomy knowledge. Keep up the good work ^_^

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Yeah, you're right. I'm still very much learning Anatomy...and Painting...and all the other endless amounts of thing haha. Cheers for the comment though.

Thanks
    Just a few random thumbnails tonight. Got this idea of a sick twisted Giger style image, might look into it some more.

Thanks

Tron Samus is back!

A friend really wants me to complete this Tron Metroid image for him and said he'd make me a light box as well

Thought i'd get back on it. It's drastically changed since the last image because I realised how stiff and awkward the pose was. I think it looks a bit better now. Just going to continue rendering more before I post it again for crits. It's been an eternity since I last worked on it!

Thanks
    Just another samus update. I feel like it's coming along nicely. There some areas I want to touch up still and i would have liked it to look more tron like but it still does have that feel. After i've rendered all the top section then, I will put it in for crits

Thanks
    Her gun arm looks a bit too short. Also, remember that shadows aren't black, although it's kinda working for that one Metroid painting. You have some nice stuff going on with the colour palette and some of the rendering.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Cheers, yeah that gun arm is like...probably a year old? I've only just started to continue on it! But I will tweak everything after I've rendered stuff up. cheers for the comment.

Thanks

Reality Check

Not posted in a while, been busy with Uni work but, this is no excuse.
    Recently I got a reality check so to speak, when I saw a third years work at Uni. It looked really good, very professional. I'm not at that level, and I need to be if i'm to get anywhere with a career in concept art so, i've started to get my arse in gear a bit more and do more sketching and most importantly, painting from reference.

One thing I noticed before was that my paintings lacked value. They just looked shit and it was obvious why, I wasn't doing studies from life or from images. Below are some sketches and two painting's i've done from reference. They are only the 2nd and 3rd painting studies i've done from life/image, pathetic isn't it. I included w.i.p's of my painting of my brother because i struggled a fair bit with it and if anyone fancies giving their 2 cents on how they would approach it blocking it out etc that'd be cool.

The last bat stuff is concepts for a human crossed with a bat and a female variation. Thanks for looking.

Thanks
    I think the portrait is a huge jump for you! it looks great.

keep working hard!!

Thanks
    Right, takes me forever to update. I haven't even got much to update either, just some uni work and personal stuff. If I wasn't working so much i'd so be getting loads of studies in.

First some sketchbook stuff. Been working on neck anatomy, then i'm gonna move to head and then rest of the body.

There are a couple of landscapes that are a bit rubbish, need to work on composition and perspective etc. The voodoo Character is something I did in my spare time. I think it turned out ok in the end.

Thanks
    Just added a different bg and touched up a few things. Think it helps a bit more. Gonna leave it now before I spend too much time on it!

Members who have read this thread: 1