keep it up!
    -Twitter-Facebook
    JohnSilvaArt@gmail.com
    Portfolio
    ca sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Great work! I really like your use of round shapes and volumes in your pose sketches, and damn your life studies look nice! Specially those cans and wooden cubes. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Very nice studies =)

Thanks
    Nice skeleton heads, and the exercises with the rotating boxes with crossing axes is really good. Do more. I see your studying hard.
    Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

Thanks
    oh thanks guys *_* wow . thanks so much for letting your eyes burn in this thread! i am unworthy 0_0

SCHOOL SUCKS. i still have to get through this semester. So nothing was completed digitally because i have a paper due tomorrow and had an assignment due today. So here are sketches I did today and a few old things mixed together. Imagination and reference. o_o should be easy to tell which is which, I think.

Oh yeah, one of my major life changes that I posted about a while back is that i'm not doing school next semester. I'm not being like "OHHoh i'm dropping out forever coz i am seriuz artist!" But...i hate my program, and if my parents cannot tolerate it I'll be go to Emily Carr university (because piano teaching won't support me if I decided to live on my own and rebel against my parents, ahahha o_o that would be stupid of me and i'd end up in a rut).

:/ But i dont really want to go to emily carr. I think i can learn a lot on my own without spending the $$$$. i'm kind of nervous. o_o this is the first time i'm focusing on what I want to do. Not what my mom thinks I should do, or what I think would make better money...etc.

I've been jumping all over the place. I've been a gamer designer for the past six months (stopping end of november), worked in a fashion store, designed websites, made a few games for a local competition..i also teach piano. o_o Which I will stick with for income, because it is low maintenance. And all the past few years i've been unhappy, and always saying "Jeez I want to draw more". Well it's about time that I fucking do that, haha. I also realized that having positive influences in your life and limiting your friends is very...beneficial. o_o I think I'm more cautious about who I talk to now. I used to be a social butterfly in high school, like most girls, haha. I had my naive and stupid moments, and wow, what a waste of time. I always liked drawing though. I just thought "Oh, I'm not that good at it. But that guy is really talented, I don't think I can be like him."

Then I found YOU GUYS and that outlook began to change, thanks to a really hardworking community.

so now I know that perseverance is the most important characteristic in achieving your goals...and there is so much happiness in it. I just want to make sure i have motivating and hard-working friends around me, not lazy assholes o_o not to be rude...but I definitely hung out with a few.
    WOW sorry to vent. o_o I guess this is all just bothering me. Maybe it's the first uncomfortable decision I've made...dundundun, letting go of commitments where people depend on you! D:

Being an adult sucks.

Attachment 1363592

Attachment 1363593

Attachment 1363594

Attachment 1363595

Attachment 1363596

Attachment 1363597

Attachment 1363598

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chazillah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really awesome and smooth sketches.

Thanks
    figure drawing and still life -all of them GREAT.please add more works.

Thanks
    It is very easy to tell which works are done from reference and which are done from imagination. One of the big things I notice is that the hands not drawn from reference look rather awkward, so perhaps try using a reference (even your own hand) when drawing those? Also, when shading, maybe try to make your strokes curve to the form when you lay down the values. A couple of your studies looked a bit flat because the shading was sort of flat. Does that make sense?
    Otherwise, your anatomy is very lovely, and I definitely envy your skill with form and shape on the human body. Your studies are very nice indeed. They have very good movement and attitude to them; they're very lively.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Everybody's got their areas of improvement, and I can see some improvement already within this thread. You're doing a great job, and you're working hard. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Good decision =) Positivity that's the way! =) That's so awesome you can play piano! =) I started playing a bit of banjo recently =) Liking the character in 0068, looks awesome =) Good luck with your next piece and *high 5* for being honest to yourself =)

Thanks
    wow really nice work, your anatomy is really great and your photo studies are super spot on with your values, any traditional painting to show?

Thanks
    post more stuff!!

Thanks
    Great stuff! Looking forward to more.

Thanks
    <3 <3 <3

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1