Star Wars based modern character concept: advice needed for a REAL project

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WoW, not really sure how to even start...This might even be deleted.

Well, let's try! Based on the amazing artwork I have seen around here that is Sci-Fi/Fantasy based, I will give it a shot. Maybe a talented artist with a wacom tablet and 15 minutes to spare can help me.

My girlfriend and I are planning on attending Celebration VI in Orlando, FL. For those not sure about what that is, please check link HERE

Even though we want to be part of it, the entire idea of dressing up like a character (or a random Jedi/Sith) is just not appealing to us. after some thought, I noticed she was spending HOURS and HOURS online looking for something that I am not sure is out there: We want to attend the event on normal, up to date urban clothing, but for the Star Wars enthusiast, broadcast a CLEAR MESSAGE that we are, in fact, fully dressed up. Does it make sense? Some of the outifits she was looking at were these:

These are, clearly, too fashion/upscale for the event. We were thinking about something way more casual.

Also, while searching for this, I bumped into this artist that created Star Wars concepts on different sets:

I am pretty sure you got the idea. If some custom stuff needs to be created, that's fine, we can buy fabric and work on something basic with a sewing machine and some googling/youtubing. D:

these are some pictures of me, last year, at the event. That's how it all started. I made the "purse", decided to dress in white and tan, typical colors from tatooine, and the rest is history.(the wookie bandolier was custom made by myself, but it is listed on eBay and I got tired of it).

For the record:

BAD:

Is anybody here willing to give it a shot on a conceptual design, Star Wars based, using only modern wear? From all weird places I visit on the internet, I am still under the impression this might be a good fit for this forum. If you make a living doing this kind of thing, I will be more than happy to promote you/your business giving full credit to the concept on all social media that I have acess to (including Star Wars based communities on Facebook and Orkut).

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

PS: if you are planning on pasting the link of the guy wearing a white suit with a stormtrooper helmet or something similar, just save the time and type "I am not very intelligent". It will broadcast the same message, but in a way more sophisticated way. (:

From time to time, just to improve your artistic skills and overall health, I strongly suggest that you go out on a bike ride.
    Please help with my progress by contributing here.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I placed 2 additional messages to this thread, including my concepts, but due to the number of links I believe it ended up caught as spam.

I'll try to hand draw them instead. Hopefully it will work.

From time to time, just to improve your artistic skills and overall health, I strongly suggest that you go out on a bike ride.
    Please help with my progress by contributing here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried to figure out what you want but I honestly have no idea. You say you want to wear normal clothes but clearly look like Star Wars characters? Then you posted a picture of a girl in jeans with a white shirt and black vest but said that is too fashionable for this event?
    I'm sorry but I don't understand at all what you want.

I just noticed that you posted this in mid-September and may not even be around to check the board anymore. But maybe this explains why no one responded.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
    mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all
    science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who
    can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,
    is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    -Einstein

www.wolvescomic.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is anybody here willing to give it a shot on a conceptual design, Star Wars based, using only modern wear? From all weird places I visit on the internet, I am still under the impression this might be a good fit for this forum. If you make a living doing this kind of thing, I will be more than happy to promote you/your business giving full credit to the concept on all social media that I have acess to (including Star Wars based communities on Facebook and Orkut).
    Hate to put it like this, but if you aren't willing to pay us, then maybe this site would have something you would be interested in.

http://www.deliciousboutique.com/DBM.../DB-SG066.html

This is a little bit more than "15~minutes~an`~a~tablet" sort of work.

Sketchbook!
    Looking for mentor.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.