Sketchbook: Yet Another Newbie Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yet Another Newbie Sketchbook

Hi to everyone, as you can see I'm new to these forums. Hopefully it isn't considered inappropriate to make a sketchbook in my first post.

I've been enjoying the amazing threads on this site for the longest time but never got around to making an account and sketchbook of my own! I figured it was about time I changed that, since seems like a really great place to get helpful feedback. So here I am, please bear with me while I figure things out.

I'm a third year student aiming at a career in art one day, but I'm very aware indeed that I have a lot of work to do! If anyone could give me any crit/tips on how to improve I'd be very grateful. I'd love to hear what anyone thinks I should work on more, or what I need to study next.

I'll try and update this regularly, although daily probably isn't possible for me as I'm not always at home.

Here we go!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought I'd start with what I did today, I tend to just do big bunch of stuff on one page when I do gesture drawings, and the odd doodle slips in when I take a break.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just an update, just more gesture and a quick study I did based on a photograph I liked...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought I'd update before 1am for once. I haven't done much digitally, just a quick self portrait and a still life I set up on my computer desk. It was actually more fun to do than I expected. On paper, I've been reading Loomis' Successful Drawing and studying the chapter on perspective but I didn't think those would be worth uploading.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.