Follows
    Following
    more drawing

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm its been a while, may start a new sketchbook with a NEW mindeset and approach.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like how you let your imagination run wild sometimes, like in this sketch of the guy's torso! Very good thing to do. As to crits - i think you'd benefit a lot from just taking your pieces further (i should do this more too lol). You seem to be correcting your mistakes in places as well, which is important. See how you can get that to work with light and shade as you develop a piece.

Peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Challie View Post
    I really like how you let your imagination run wild sometimes, like in this sketch of the guy's torso! Very good thing to do. As to crits - i think you'd benefit a lot from just taking your pieces further (i should do this more too lol). You seem to be correcting your mistakes in places as well, which is important. See how you can get that to work with light and shade as you develop a piece.

Peace
    Well sir, thank you very much. I was going to make another sketchbook, that's why I sort of abandoned this one. But I just realized I can just use this one, as is.
    I think I got hung up on visuals and my sketchbook icon and the RAM in my laptop and all this stuff...
    I'm going to try and stop procrastinating so much.(as the new title of the SB suggests lol)

Anyway, yes i do love imaginative drawing, thank you! Yes I do agree I should finally finish a piece of artwork I've created... I do not know why this is so hard...
    Yes I think i'm going to be doing line-work,perspective and b&w value study paintings for a while.
    As far as light and shade, I'll try and really finish my b&w stuff as much as possible.
    I really think I can get much better!

Heres some recent stuff! :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if you know this already, but you can change your thread thumbnail by replacing the first attached image in the original post. And oh fuck do i know about procrastination! It's such a bastard, i'll usually do pretty much anything to further it (internet addiction, Quake 4 multiplayer lol) 'cuz it's just easier to have fun (immediate stimulation) than to put the hard work into something ultimately rewarding. I think disappointment in the result is definitely a contributing factor; for years i've drawn something, hated it, and oh well let's just play some games! lol. It's hard to work through it sometimes, but the only way out is through! The more we keep up a regular habit of drawing, the closer we get to the "state of flow" when it's really fun. Even then, i find it hard to keep it up. It's just too intense, def a good feeling though.

You will improve fast if you keep it up! Good to make use of feeling awesome while it's there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man your faces have gotten so so much better since your first page, congratulations.
    cant afford to slow down now though!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre-Sutherland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work, very inspirational, i really am!
    Dont know what else to say, enjoying those character faces alot, and the fluidity in them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to James Thomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketchbook is great, I love the creativity and personality you art has to it! I find those things hard for me to achieve, but you make it look so easy haha. You also use a lot of angles, expressions and it's fun seeing how much you've practiced these things. Good stuff!

sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"
    -Walter Crane, 'Line & Form'

13. The Following User Says Thank You to the-muddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Max Challie - ah yeah the first image in the first post? got it, thanks. and yeah im trying to "abjur the procrastinatrix" fyi the procrastinatrix is realm containing the demon called yutUB and various time wasting areas... thanks for the advice man, nice SB btw.

@Andre-Sutherland - thanks for the kind words! it feels good to know i am improving! and also btw nice SB.

@A Faux's - thank you very much! you have a large SB and i'll leave a post on there soon. thx again.

@Iristhevirus - WOW thank you sooo much, i mean that was a huge morale boost, i can't thank you enough. and i really try hard to be creative so thank you, i've never heard that complement before

----------

so heres just a figure i tried to put all things together...2 cigarette man... sinc eits just one quick sketch theres not much to go on... the arms and upper body are what i tried to get "right".. the legs are really basic not developed. also i think the head is supposed to be looking like it is tilted down but i think its looks odd...

thanks again guys, the kind words from you and everyone inspire me to post more and more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What's interesting about your artwork is that you have a macabre side, but your faces seem so innocent at the same time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wakakin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the trick with procrastination is to have something even worse thats even more urgent to do instead. dont want to work on art? do the dishes. Dont want tro work on that boring client assignment? Work on art. Dont want to do your tax return? Work on that boring client assignment. etc

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sporus.

One thing i liked you have going on its that your given some space in your studies to blend with what your ultimately aiming for, the dented torso, playing with the anatomy and stuff, thats good and as you go focusing on technical things remember to not lose that, keep it going, donīt trouble yourself over breaking some things with your own input.

What i would say its not much of a critique really, i notice you get the idea going and then seem to stop and go for something else, you might very well keep going with some of them, donīt hesitate building some ideas a little more.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JDSart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    the trick with procrastination is to have something even worse thats even more urgent to do instead. dont want to work on art? do the dishes. Dont want tro work on that boring client assignment? Work on art. Dont want to do your tax return? Work on that boring client assignment. etc
    brilliant advice, thanks for dropping by

Quote Originally Posted by JDSart View Post
    Hi Sporus.

One thing i liked you have going on its that your given some space in your studies to blend with what your ultimately aiming for, the dented torso, playing with the anatomy and stuff, thats good and as you go focusing on technical things remember to not lose that, keep it going, donīt trouble yourself over breaking some things with your own input.

What i would say its not much of a critique really, i notice you get the idea going and then seem to stop and go for something else, you might very well keep going with some of them, donīt hesitate building some ideas a little more.
    thanks you very much for the complement!!
    yeah basically i have a lot of work to do and a long road ahead.
    The stuff im posting in this post isn't going along with this... but i usually have lag fro when i actually drew something and when i get to uploading it... and a lot of work i do i don't upload immediately... im working on a camera thing.. i haven't acclimated to the tablet yet nd my pen and paper stuff is much better and i do all my "best" stuff on there and my scanner doesn't work atm...

anyway heres some small updates using alchemy, thanks guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just made this custom Bahamut from FF10 Icon if anyone's interested...
    I hope Bahamut fans like it and if its not the optimal size can someone explain how to make it better? lol. thanks you can download this icon from the Zip folder under the image.
    the image is from FF10, i didn't draw that...

oh also i have the finger cursor from FF7 if anyone wants that... lol
    i used a program to get the click hotspot right at the fingertip so yeah...
    let me know if you liked these things.

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres some alchemy sketches i furthered. i think they're good ideas i can build off of later.

i really need help with the girl...

Last edited by Shahan; April 21st, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is hopefully better, i think i didn't draw the girl's head on the right angle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today's update, sorry my phone camera SUUUCKKKS
    and this is finals week so sorry it is on lined paper... i just had to update something.

also had some technical difficulties...

EDIT: man look at that last one... that tears it... my next post WILL have, from life/photo arm studies. the last guys arm just isn't right.. the deltoids all screwy...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice constructions, man! I think you have an eye for rhytm and design. In general, your proportions look passable to me (better than the ones I usually pull off for sure ), so I guess a good exercise at this point would be to refine the design and the line quality
    Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKndZHlcgFE
    It jumps to my eye than in this last sketch for example (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1335062420) the right hand (closest to us) has the same line weight of the left hand (farther away) and of the left deltoid (even farther)
    It would have more depth if you lightened the lines closer to the background and darkened the lines closer to the foreground, give it a shot!

Last edited by GaussianRaider; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GaussianRaider For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianRaider View Post
    Very nice constructions, man! I think you have an eye for rhytm and design. In general, your proportions look passable to me (better than the ones I usually pull off for sure ), so I guess a good exercise at this point would be to refine the design and the line quality
    Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKndZHlcgFE
    It jumps to my eye than in this last sketch for example (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1335062420) the right hand (closest to us) has the same line weight of the left hand (farther away) and of the left deltoid (even farther)
    It would have more depth if you lightened the lines closer to the background and darkened the lines closer to the foreground, give it a shot!
    thank you very much! That Feng video is awesome! I'm going to look at more by Feng, i have some of his videos.
    These sketches below don't really focus on line quality... idk what it is. idk if its the program i use or the pressure settings.. or that im not used to using the intuos... but i'm continuing the line quality sketches. You are right about that. i need to take the squiggles or gestures i have and draw over them like in the video. and refine it.
    I can refine on real paper much better than with my intuos lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, hmm what can I say...

I don't really know what advice I can offer...you're doing everything you're supposed to...

So just keep working at it, everythings coming along nicely...just watch your linewok...smooth flowing lines instead of all those little sketchy ones. That might help...
    uhm and yeah I guess just try and take your peices further...yeah.

XD HHAHA hope it helped

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychobuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some really nice pieces here. I love the sort of fluid feel most of these have.
    Great ideas and variety, althought I would very much like to see some finished pieces

SKETCHBOOK

Everything is going to kill everybody.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliusObviousMagnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketches have a lot of life, but I'd love to see something more finished. Maybe with objects/enviroment interaction.

Your faces have improves a lot from previous pages.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to habrok For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there
    first of all thank you so much for having a look on my sb
    i'm very amazed by your sketches ! each of them seems to have a clear form and shape. i wish i could give any good advice but since you are so much better than me i don't even dare trying ...
    love the designs of your 'monsters' ( the two on the bottom look great)
    you seem to work a lot and you are having much variety in your sb.
    just keep it up

36. The Following User Says Thank You to braineater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! It's a cool sketchbook, I agree with JuliusObviousMagnus, and Habrok. It would be cool to see need finished stuff.

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi there sporus! really nice progress; I really enjoy the monster and character designs in the last pages. it's definitely good you're doing anatomie studies.
    in the perspective stuff, I notice an error you keep making. you plot out your positions with horizontal lines, but neglect to double-check your vertical lines.

like in this creature:

Name:  sporus.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  101.4 KB

you see the shoulders should be about on the same line as the front paws.. which means the head will stick out at us. (the head actually would have required a bit of a different angle because of this, but I just neglected that and made it so it's neck is turned towards us a bit.)
    it is actually possible for the front paws to stick out like that, but then the back legs would have to counter and stick back a proportionate amount. but those were also sticking forward. just look at the square in the middle of those paws and follow the line up. so, made a quick pain over for you.

also, you complained about the lady superhero. actually, I really liked this one and errors were not all that apparent. but if you feel something is wrong, it is always good to check using geometric shapes put to your perspective.
    Name:  SPORUS2.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  97.7 KB
    here, I started with the feet, then checked the centerpont (red dot). this is theposition above which your center of gravity should be placed if the girl's feet had an equal weight distribution. but I gather from her stance that she has most of her weight on the back leg, so I moved her center of grafity back a bit. next, I placed geometric shapes representing the hips and chest. the rest is a rough pain in. I skewed the face a bit, as we are looking up at it.

anyway, hope you find all this usefull!

Last edited by ashess; April 29th, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
    >>SKETCHBOOK. you'll visit me. I'll visit you, we'll have a tea party. with arts and shit. it'll be dreamy. stop by.
    >>mah tumbr

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow you have done great imporvement, ive noticed something you have the same problem i do, sribbling maybe start being a little more conscious about line economy im a fellow scribbler and i find it hard. do keep it up and keep on drawing, cheers!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like your crazy perspective sketches! keep em coming! and try and do more fleshed out characters

44. The Following User Says Thank You to LePush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of improvement in here! Keep it up!

46. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinBeckett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tons of improvement, nice work. One thing to be wary of though is when you draw characters or creatures on a grid like that is them becoming too rigid. It's great to use as a sort of anchor point to orient yourself to the world but don't be afraid to have various lines running at different angles e.g. the hips, shoulders, brow, feet etc.

Available for Freelance - http://www.veshkau.com | Sketchbook | CG Hub | Blog

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshkau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporus View Post
    niiice default hard round! that's always fun.
    lol also you can do color if you want.. lol >.<
    but the colored stuff so far looks cool. I use this sketchbook as a ref for my drawings xD
    cant wait to see more studies
    Haha I don't think my stuff us good enough to be used as reference but thanks man

50. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 15