Sketchbook: "The best way to relax is to work more" -Y.Amano

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

"The best way to relax is to work more" -Y.Amano

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE LAST PAGE OF MY SKETCHBOOK.

I think the last page of the sketchbooks in this part of the forums are good for quick critique on an artist who has a lot of pages. The last page is usually pretty current and one can easily give advice on what the artist is dealing with at the moment by looking at the most recent updates.
    -------------------------------------
    This is my sketchbook I'm 19 years old and really love drawing more than anything.
    This is a simple sketchbook.

For the digital work, I use an intuos4 and programs like: Photshop CS5, Paint Tool SAI, Opencanvas, AutoDesk Sketchbook express and mostly free software.

For the other stuff it's usually basic traditional tools. I take scans or pictures with my cell phone.
    -----------------------

MY OLD FIRST PAGE:
    slightly edited
    So...

Hello!, First and foremost i want to say THANK YOU to any comments or even VIEWS received on this thread of mine. Positive AND constructive criticism is so extremely appreciated i am just extremely happy someone or anybody at all out there, doesn't matter who you are is looking at my "art". Thank you thank you thank you, i can't thank you enough! for just acknowledging my art exists THANK YOU

Second!, To anyone who is trying to get serious and is new to this website I present to you my case and i hope you can relate to it or at least learn something:

So i was one of those people who was "ok" at "art"/"drawing" in high school. I loathe doing anything with my life that does not involve art 100%. Basically I want to make a career out of it so this is to anyone who wants to do art but is forced to do some boring degree and get some boring job. (No matter what you can incorporate art into your life some how even if you end up doing business or etc.) But i realize having that 9 to 5 job and then drawing on the weekend in your spare time isnt what you want to do either. Its difficult to figure out ...I have ZERO experience with anything like this I am 19.

So... one day I bought a wacom tablet because i had the same train of thought as the thousands of other aspiring ''digital artists. I got really caught up in getting the BEST materials... the best pencils the best paper the best version of photoshop all of these things. A drafting table ...the best pencil sharpener for F**k's sake. I stopped this useless witch hunt for expensive things that wont make me "better at art".... so to anyone who can relate i say to you... just draw... go ahead.. right now... before you read another word of this sentence before you finish this paragraph i want you to draw something, anything. any size and medium anything at all.

Grab some printer paper and a no.2 pencil and draw!

as a final statement i can say this... with my vast lacking of experience and knowledge (all im offering here is something to relate to/this can be esoteric to most) draw in a productive constructive way that you can build upon.

Noah Bradley's motivational thread => GREAT THREAD READ THIS

EDIT: Yes i guess having some really nice art supplies/materials or a Cintiq could improve you somewhat... but all I know is that even with my Intuos4 and Photoshop CS5 there are many... MANY people out there with JUST a pen or pencil (HB) that can create art far superior to mine. What I'm saying is.. its about the mastery of the tool. If you have printer paper and a HB pencil much isn't expected but if you have a Cintiq LARGE size you better be creating absolutely breathtaking peices of art! So take the pressure off of yourself b/c those people with just printer paper and pencils just imagine what they could do if provided the right art supplies! Build your skills before you build a studio.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Shahan; May 21st, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    first entry 9/15/11

still not getting heads in perspective... somebody help me

CTHULHU

KAAAA THOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and...

Last edited by Shahan; August 8th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

hamsa hands

some sketches for the sketchbook

Yo, glad to have you active and posting! Sounds like you've got the drive and the right attitude, i bet you'll be going places in no time. Bridgman studies look nice and solid, good to see you trying to apply what your learning in your imaginative drawings. If you make a good habit of doing your anatomy studies constantly you will see big improvements in your drawings from your head. The mannequin sketches on the last post are interesting as well, have you read into any of Andrew Loomis' work? If not you can download his books here --> ( http://alexhays.com/loomis/ ) He's got some methods of teaching using mannequins similar to what you posted there(in fun with a pencil and figure drawing for all it's worth). May be of some interest to you.

Anyway, you're on the right track. Perhaps work on your line economy, less scratchy lines makes for an easier to read drawing, though that all comes in time. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporus View Post
    So... one day I bought a wacom tablet because i had the same train of thought as the thousands of other aspiring digital artists. I got really caught up in getting the BEST materials... the best pencils the best paper the best version of photoshop all of these things. A draft[ing t]able the best pencil sharpener for F**k's sake. I stopped this useless witch hunt for expensive things that wont make me gooder at aRt.... so to anyone who can relate i say to you... just draw... go ahead.. right now... before you read another word of this sentence before you finish this paragraph i want you to draw something, anything. any size and medium anything at all.

good. thats all there is to it. grab some printer paper and a no.2 pencil and draw!
    I like this - it's smart. I am a proffesional (I make a living in the animation world) and 75% of my drawing is done with a cheap bic pen and what ever sketchbooks are on sale.
    I grew up drawing on printer paper my friends dad stole from work and pencils from walmart because I'm from a small town nowhere near an art store (the nearest one required a boat or plane ride)
    Just love it and you'll get it done!!

Any-who, Your stuff isn't too shabby. and I don't think your perspective heads are as bad as you think.
    Right now your putting the head in a box- don't be afraid to draw the guide lines for the rest. Draw the eyeline- mouth line. Practice simple combinations of spheres cylinders and cubes in different arrangements and different perspectives.
    Breaking the head down into a simple form also helps.
    Bodies can be done simply too, without resorting to stick people
    I find boxes are good, but there's a bazillion ways to go about it

Looking forward to more posts !!
    Happy sketching!

excellent start!
    you're on the right track. just dont lose focus

excellent start!

Quote Originally Posted by AustenFM View Post
    Yo, glad to have you active and posting! Sounds like you've got the drive and the right attitude, i bet you'll be going places in no time. Bridgman studies look nice and solid, good to see you trying to apply what your learning in your imaginative drawings. If you make a good habit of doing your anatomy studies constantly you will see big improvements in your drawings from your head. The mannequin sketches on the last post are interesting as well, have you read into any of Andrew Loomis' work? If not you can download his books here --> ( http://alexhays.com/loomis/ ) He's got some methods of teaching using mannequins similar to what you posted there(in fun with a pencil and figure drawing for all it's worth). May be of some interest to you.

Anyway, you're on the right track. Perhaps work on your line economy, less scratchy lines makes for an easier to read drawing, though that all comes in time. Keep it up!
    Thank you for dropping by! And MANY MANY thanks for the compliments. I have every Andrew Loomis book on PDF and I need to read them lol. And yeah i noticed in my first pencil study posts it looked really bad in terms of line quality, Thank you again for the view and kind words, will work on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubix View Post
    I like this - it's smart. I am a proffesional (I make a living in the animation world) and 75% of my drawing is done with a cheap bic pen and what ever sketchbooks are on sale.
    I grew up drawing on printer paper my friends dad stole from work and pencils from walmart because I'm from a small town nowhere near an art store (the nearest one required a boat or plane ride)
    Just love it and you'll get it done!!

Any-who, Your stuff isn't too shabby. and I don't think your perspective heads are as bad as you think.
    Right now your putting the head in a box- don't be afraid to draw the guide lines for the rest. Draw the eyeline- mouth line. Practice simple combinations of spheres cylinders and cubes in different arrangements and different perspectives.
    Breaking the head down into a simple form also helps.
    Bodies can be done simply too, without resorting to stick people
    I find boxes are good, but there's a bazillion ways to go about it

Looking forward to more posts !!
    Happy sketching!
    Oh wow thanks a lot this was really uplifting and yeah its good to hear that you work in cheap BIC pen it is somehow comforting lol. that sounds like you came from rough beginnings in terms of art supplies, but considering you are where you are now i guess it contributed to the appreciation. Thanks for the advice i will be posting more like that! and thank you VERY much for saying "its smart" hhahah. That really meant a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartzis View Post
    excellent start!
    Thanks Jeff for dropping by, and will do!

heres a sketch!

Last edited by Shahan; August 8th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

As jeff siad stay focussed and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by kidult View Post
    As jeff siad stay focussed and keep it up!
    Will do little bunny... will do >.<

heres a sketch

more sketch

moar sketches

getting ahead of myself

sketchhhhhhh

Wow, you have some really nice fluidity and motion with your sketches, especially with the arms in the first few. You're making me so envious, aha.

Keep it up~

Quote Originally Posted by Kerynean View Post
    Wow, you have some really nice fluidity and motion with your sketches, especially with the arms in the first few. You're making me so envious, aha.

Keep it up~
    ... omg this made me cry a little :') 3 THANK YOUUUUU and i WILL keep it up

heres a quick sketch

So much dedication in this SB! Would love to see where you land in the future! TO GLORY !

Quote Originally Posted by Ven S View Post
    So much dedication in this SB! Would love to see where you land in the future! TO GLORY !
    THANK YOUUUUU!!! ta glory

Last edited by Shahan; August 7th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Great stuff man! Alot of your poses are very dynamic. I like your intro too, i feel much the same way. Goodluck and i know u will improve like a boss. I'll come back soonish to see what u have done

i also love that quote by banksy too.

I really like your figure drawings and poses! nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by tronrobot View Post
    Great stuff man! Alot of your poses are very dynamic. I like your intro too, i feel much the same way. Goodluck and i know u will improve like a boss. I'll come back soonish to see what u have done

i also love that quote by banksy too.
    thank you sooo much! i'll have a look at your stuff too
    yeah banksy is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuyoki View Post
    I really like your figure drawings and poses! nice job!
    THANK you! ))

Listening to Btbam

Last edited by Shahan; August 7th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

savage sketch

value sketch

Great thread, I can't offer any critique, you are beyond my capabilities at the moment. I'll be watching though. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasp View Post
    Great thread, I can't offer any critique, you are beyond my capabilities at the moment. I'll be watching though. Keep up the good work!
    Yes i'm glad you said "at the moment" i'm sure soon you will be an amazing artist.

heres a sketch for my sketchbook

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1