Monthly Mass Uploader nag

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts

Monthly Mass Uploader nag

(as a disclaimer i'm not complaining, just dropping a healthy criticism on the uploader)

Is a mass uploader coming any time soon? I'd love to go in and reupload all of my older stuff linked from my photobucket onto the site, but i've got about 90+ drawings to upload.

A mass uploader would really help with that sort of thing, and i'm sure not just people posting in the cheer me up thread would appreciate it. As it is, the uploader is awesome but extremely clunky and time consuming, even for 2-3 images.

Also while i'm at requesting, could we get the jpeg image size raised a bit? Mpegs allow 2.3 gigs of upload, while jpegs allow 537.1 KB. I feel like whenever I upload i'm constantly having to massage the size of jpegs and upload multiple times in in the already clunky uploader. It gets a bit frustrating at times.

I'd imagine if just those two things were modified, a mass uploader, and slightly higher JPEG size, up from 537kb, we might get more people posting more often just because the system of uploading right now is a bit of a chore (compared to other sites).

I say it all with love,
    -AZ

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtZealot View Post
    (as a disclaimer i'm not complaining, just dropping a healthy criticism on the uploader)

Is a mass uploader coming any time soon? I'd love to go in and reupload all of my older stuff linked from my photobucket onto the site, but i've got about 90+ drawings to upload.

A mass uploader would really help with that sort of thing, and i'm sure not just people posting in the cheer me up thread would appreciate it. As it is, the uploader is awesome but extremely clunky and time consuming, even for 2-3 images.

Also while i'm at requesting, could we get the jpeg image size raised a bit? Mpegs allow 2.3 gigs of upload, while jpegs allow 537.1 KB. I feel like whenever I upload i'm constantly having to massage the size of jpegs and upload multiple times in in the already clunky uploader. It gets a bit frustrating at times.

I'd imagine if just those two things were modified, a mass uploader, and slightly higher JPEG size, up from 537kb, we might get more people posting more often just because the system of uploading right now is a bit of a chore (compared to other sites).

I say it all with love,
    -AZ

A rousing HUZZAH! to you sir. . .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    If you're using photoshop then 500kb or so is plenty, just save for web & devices. That's assuming you're using photoshop though. A mass uploader would be awesome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlightedArt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 924 Posts
    i tihnk the size restrictions are fine personally. CFSL limits to about 200kb, and Wecook art limits to 258kb.

But yea... i think weve passed atleast two promised dates for the damn uploader.

at this point i dont care, and continue to believe that its just a sham, especially since there is a lack of communication about the progress of 4.0, no development log, and the community has continued to be neglected in lieu of TAD.

Online art is really in the middle of a very unfortunate dark age with forums...

Ide like to see more vocal developers who communicated with the community and show us some actual changes, even if they are in pieces. Ide rather see a few things change than to wait 3 more years for a "level up" that seems to always become evasive when the due date arrives.

For me this is just a part of the list of things that are promised and pitched but neglected for whatever reason.

No offense, but the last thing i want is to see this place become a toilet bowl. This place started me doing art, and i hope that in the future we can be a community that will inspire a new generation with innovation and such...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Guys chillax, ConceptArt.org 4.0 is on its way. Sit back and sip some tea fellows.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    It's no big deal to me, but 4.0 was announced years ago. I think it caught a nasty case of the fuckits.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    ConceptArt.org 4.0 is on its way.
    Prove it.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; September 13th, 2011 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Well, I trust all of you have bought every single CA download and given all the support you can to the site? If yes, good.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I just want to be a part of a forum that is more active, up-to date, secure, and actively developed...

i hope this is done, here or elsewhere... i dont care. I think in terms of active posting CA has most other places beat... but its a loosing lead.

Thanks
    Shouldn't the Job page be an indication to the evasive 4.0 update? I've bought a butt load of tutorials and the art book so I'm happy to say I've contributed to the betterment that is to come.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
Guys chillax, ConceptArt.org 4.0 is on its way. Sit back and sip some tea fellows.
I had to :<

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    It's been what... 4 years and counting that it's been on it's way? Hell, Diablo 3 will probably come out before Conceptart4.0 and that's saying a lot.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArtZealot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    At least they didn't switch to a buggy new site. Maybe 4.0 didn't quite work so well. I still think the uploader could be updated without putting what already works on the line.

Thanks
    The One Big Mob site was availabe for a while. It appeared that it was ready, or near ready to be launched atleast a year ago. I stumbled upon it some time ago. But i think Jason took it down.

Anyways, i have a feeling that 4.0 isnt what we think its going to be... that could be a good thing... honestly i just want to see membership spike and an in gathering of some new talent into our community.

Thanks
    500kb is more than enough for jpegs. Anyways I assume since the sale is still on the target still hasn't been reached.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryeh View Post
    honestly i just want to see membership spike and an in gathering of some new talent into our community.
    I think the main problem is that all those guys who once made this community such a great place to be (that was before my time here so I could be wrong about this because I am just guessing) are all bound in real-life issues they have made themselves known and have running businesses and/ or other offline activities ...the rush of the first few years , the excitement and the urge to keep this place alive ...its pretty much gone because lets face it , Android, Daarken, Adrian Smith, Noximad (just to name a few that have been around frequently and or co-founded this place) and others they sell books, have live-shows and their own streaming channels.

And with Jason he has lots of other things to do as well and TAD is the culmination of his dreams ( again just guessing I know shit about him and his life) ... so its not an insult or something. All I am saying is, that the number of those - who actually could add their talent to this place and help those who start out - is decreasing, whilst the number of those, who come here to learn, is increasing ...just a normal process, because once you made it most people ( and I can totally understand this ) just dont have the time anymore, to spend hours on a forum, helping others with their expertise. Sad but that is the reality :-/

Dile made me laugh ^^

Last edited by Partisan; September 15th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks
    So, I've got some thoughts on this, but I'm not sure whether I should post them.

The thing is, for the past couple of months (before I even noticed Conceptart.org) I've been working on a site with some similar features to CA. It's going to be a site ran by a community of artists, will focus on getting people motivated to publish content on a weekly base and basically try to be a source of inspiration to all.

My problem being, if I give too much advice, I'll be shooting myself in the foot :p

Maybe we should collaborate or something...

Anyhoo, the point of this post: maybe the software of this site (while versatile) is not entirely suited for it's purpose. This is relevant because we live in a time where CMS'es come with so many features out of the box, that using forum software to build a CMS on can get rather complicated, and take way too much time. People are used to using software that's been built specifically towards one purpose, a streamlined environment, rich in user experience.

Just my two cents, feel free to rip into this attempted dissection :p

Just "Dirk" will do!

• Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.