Art: 3D Artist in need of critiques

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

3D Artist in need of critiques

I am a 3D artist who graduated from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh in March of this year. I am currently employed as a digital printer working 40 hours/week and making $12/hr... which is okay, but I really want to push for a job in my field. I'm going to be completely revamping my portfolio, but I need some advice on where I should take it. What do I need to improve upon, what works, what doesn't, etc.

Here's a link to my online portfolio.

Last edited by Kalira; September 13th, 2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: adding photos
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i guess it really depends on where your going and what you want do.I was told that games are trying to get more photorealism so that's what I'm doing, but their are phone apps that want to keep graphics simple and cartoon like.

Thanks
    Hi Kalira, I see that you enjoying modeling. I suggest you go deep about this and take a step to the next level by studying more the latest creature modeling software such as Z-brush. I don't know your latest works, but here I see that you are weak in texture and detail. Try to impress people with amazing and convincing works.

Thanks
    I think what you need to keep in mind seeing as how you do a lot of game modeling, is that games these days are incredible. Cinematic. We're going towards an age where low-poly is no longer the standard for games.

You really need to start going further with the details and the high-poly stuff. As fdjohan mentioned, Zbrush is a good next step. All modelers should be able to model AWESOME things in just Maya. But once you've done that, learn to use Zbrush and take it to the next level.

www.ellensu.com
    3D modeling | character designer

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.