Sketchbook: LoudLikeNature sketchbook thing
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

LoudLikeNature sketchbook thing

*New stuff at the bottom-everything else is 1 year plus-ish old*

Hi.Thought of finally joining this site to improve myself. I like painting and such. From sweden, 19 years old,and err,i started painting digitally around,i guess, Mars-April this year? Not sure on the specific date. Im's still abit afraid to post here, well,atleast in my own thread. Everyone is sooo talented!

I also have a Da: LoudLikeNature. But i dont get much use of it.

I would be really thankful if someone could give me tips, and critique and such.

I'll attach newest images on this post, you people can see whats new

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LoudLikeNature; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: updating , well, updates
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some sketches of today. Have an itch to make something shaded more subtle.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sketches

some sketches, some quick doodles i did on Sketchbook Mobile (iphone) and Colors (iphone free version-cant save stuff). And an oil painting for school.There's a thing i made as advertisment for my school. Its for the highschool/college fair.

Waiting for my macbook to arrive to start painting digitally again.

there's also some homestuck fanart, if anyone reads it.

*removed a painting an replaced it with another oil one that was just as old, just like 2 weeks newer and less ugly*

Last edited by LoudLikeNature; August 20th, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

forgot the monster

forgot the monster advertisment school thing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Welcome to CA!

I'm surprised no one has posted here yet.

Good work! You have a good start on painting, and I like your sketching style.

The only suggestions I would make are, try painting in greyscale, and loosen up on your linework.
    Painting in greyscale helps your brain learn about proper values, and lets it not worry about colors at the same time.
    I have problems with doing linework to tightly. It makes one's lines look scratchy and stiff.
    I have been learning that for nice long strokes especially, it is a good idea to draw from the shoulder/elbow.
    It takes a while to learn how to control it, and I don't fully understand it yet either.

Good luck though, keep up the good work, and keep coming back here!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile OHGODACOMMENT

THANK YOU!! i wasn't sure i was even posting stuff correctly.

Also thank you on the suggestions, i rarely get constructive criticism.

Hmm, about painting. I don't really paint much in grayscale because i have no clue how to color it in photoshop, so i just go with colors to start off. I have like maybe 2 grayscale stuff on my Da. Which is also LoudLikeNature.

Not much of my stuff is more than quick doodles, done on the buss/train. So my linework, is indeed, very sloppy! i kind of hurry it up, and try to wrap it up instead of taking the time to make it neat. Now that you mention it, ill take more attention to it! Hmm,yeah, def see that it needs to be more loose. Im flipping through my sketchpages now. haha! : )

Also, a sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work. Try drawing with lines of action and look for shapes in a picture, model or anything to bring out the life and appeal. Keep up the work and you'll be awesome in no time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi!

thank you I would love to be awesome one day,but i doubt it. My stuff is too messy and crude ):

Also, at the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, after a google search or two. what's a line of action? I just got a search result of a game by some guy called Claude Soucie.

My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    check this out..you'll get the idea! http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2006/...5-line-of.html

good start btw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow thank you-also,update

Thanks you! *reads it* Ooh, i wonder how i can incorporate it into my sketching, looks abit tough. I'm used to just sketch a random body part and work from there, and see if it becomes human/animal or inanimate.

Also, i updated this thread with new art hours ago, but conceptart seems to have lost my post, because it never appeared. I'll try to rewrite it.

Some doodles: Homestuck, and then some doctor who portraits. 2 years since my last pencil portrait. The doctor turned out abit faulty. I basically looped the scene, because the music was so good. the song was called, i think, the melody of river song.

last sketches,are from imagination l:

Some questions for anyone who could be nice enought answer. browsing here, i found that people mention something called Chow and Bridgeman alot. Is it a style or something else,or? thanks in advance : )

My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyya again! Glad to see people are posting here now!

Thanks for your post on my sketchbook, and your suggestions,
    I used them in the final illustration. It helped a lot!

I saw you say that you didn't know how to apply color over greyscale in photoshop. There are several ways you can do it.

The easiest way is to use the color layer style.
    If you look at your layers box,
    you will see a little drop down menu at the top of it.
    It will say normal in it. If you click on that,
    there are a bunch of different ways that you can have photoshop interpret your layers.

If you select Color, photoshop will take whatever is on that color layer and apply the color to anything underneath,
    but it will not apply the darkness value. So it is perfect to use over greyscale!

Other layers that can be used are overlay layers, multiply layers, and the different light layers.

These layers are all really powerful, I suggest you play with each for a while and discover their strengths and weaknesses.

In this video Feng Zhu uses different layers to color with. Watch it if you want to get an idea of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Cf8...el_video_title

This is just a general good site for art and digital painting.

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/digital-painting-101/

Sorry for spamming your sb, hope some of this is useful!

Keep working hard, and well!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow update.

first painting is a painted sketch of a pencil sketch on my sketchbook, its a bit higher up. Photoshop crashed several times during the process, costing me time. Thanks to that i hurried up the claws/arms, and didn't put in the time for them. I didn't paint the feathers on the white head things.

Second one is a painting i did without using opacity, i want to try painting with thick, greasy strokes.

I think i've found my painting style. I like to focus on both soft, and hard edges. the crispier, the better. So i play around with sharp edges a lot, and i think it gives a kind of striking impression.

I have some pencil sketches, too...but my macbook has 23 minutes of battery time left so, i won't bother uploading now. They weren't too good either.

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Update.

Some photoshop doodles.

I did the one in grayscale in color originally, but i used too many colors for the skin, so it turned a bit ugly. I converted it to grayscale via desaturation option in ps, and then i continued on grayscale and fixed some stuff, like shadow etc. Im not really fond of it.

Second one i did,like,now. A bit more than an hour painting, hour and a half, i think. I like the colors, red, brown, black, and blue. Oh and purple.

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome sketches and portraits, your photoshop/color cud use some more finess but its very good still!
    keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow update-study

i think i figured out how to save as a .jpeg without loosing too much quality.

ps>file>save as>jpeg, right? Instead of Save for web & devices?

A one hour study of a glass that doesn't even look like the original. I got kind of bored so spirited away with the colors, and added a bunch of things that weren't in the image originally. I don't think i can call it a study anymore?

It's also in its original pixel size-i didn't think i'd need more space. I was wrong. Well, it's a lesson (hopefully) learned for next time. Work bigger.

It's winter here, so it's quite dark. sorry for the bad photo quality, only have my iPhone 4.

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyya Nature!

Nice to see all this digital work! I can see you are working hard at it and progressing well!

I like that you are working from imagination and reference! A solid way to practice!

I would love to see you post more pencil stuff! Always good to keep working the basics!

Keep up the good work! I'll be back to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow helelelel Update

Sorry for late update. I've had a lot of things what with our class exhibition to fund raise a trip to italy. And then school stuff, and life stuff got in the way.

I feel like i can't draw well at all nowadays. Here's some stuff i did, some sketches, a painting, then a pendant i did in metal at school, and a quick photoshop doodle (photoshop crashed just after i saved the jpg, but before i managed to save the .psd)

oh, also seems one of the underclassmen were to hyperactive and touched my painting cause when i got back, it was a bit smeared, and the nose a bit chipped of ):

Last 2 images involve some nudity!

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Update

Updates

Trying out this macbook pro i bought. Feels nice to be able to work bigger than 1000x1500 without being all like crash every 2 seconds. And no brushstroke slowdowns either.

The green one, i wanted to use ugly colors to try and better myself. I don't think i used enough ugly colors since it looked kind of nice in the end. Im not really sure if i like it,the style is not really what i like,its a bit too perfect and i dunno, it just doesn't feel like something i'd do. Don't think its done too.

the purple one i did at school quickly during breaks in class. I hate the skin tone, i think it became too monotone, and too pink. I did give him eyes and a haircut, but i didn't like it so i erased that layer.

And then there's this quick study of a hand. The fingers are too tiny and oddly bended, and the shading is not dark enough in places to bring out depth yet. I might continue this one and post it, if i finish it.

Last edited by LoudLikeNature; August 20th, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
    My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah! Some really interesting colour works. And a nice style's developing for certain. Keep practicing those bodies though, that's the only crit I can think of. Merry christmas

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow Update

at Naidy. Thank you : )

some shitty stuff.

Again,nothing is finished,like always.i did a torso painting i guess, not finished yet, gotta fix the lazily drawn hand.

there's also a cardboard oil painting sketch there. I did the base background in Acryllic so it would dry faster, then i began with oil. Its a really early sketch, did yesterday an hour before i left school.

for the girl with the red hair and green eyes, i wanted to do something more digital looking than painted-like bait of comic-ish. I dunno

Last edited by LoudLikeNature; January 26th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
    My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp updateious

SO much crap in here. Been gone for a long while, just started painting again.gonna upload some stuff ive had for 6 months ish. and a new WIP.

Wip is the girl with 3 heads, dif face on them all. So that one i started yesterday. I wanted to use abit of colors in an unobtrusive way. The rest of the stuff is just unfinished crap i never really finished.

*forgot an iphone sketch i made a few months during my horrible vacation. Have at!*

Last edited by LoudLikeNature; August 20th, 2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: forgot an image
    My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow sylph head-update

This is how its coming along, might finish it today if i continue, only got the roses left, some details on the chin and lips, and maybe the background if i want to add some brushstrokes to make it interesting, otherwise its pretty much almost done went through and amped the colors/added new ones, at the same time some colors in certain parts need to be diluted.

Opinions?

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow you're developing steadily!
    I really enjoy your sketchbook-sketches. Very inspiring faces.

Also think your color-work is very nice. I#m interested in where your latest digital painting is going.
    I like the different colors on the face(skin). In my opintion the mouth of the centered face is a bit too small and the chin to big (long). I like the nose of the right character.
    Also I'm interested in what you planned on the head of the front-character.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sheesh, that's a lot of improvement for barely two years of painting! (And I dig the style of these pencil-portrait-sketches from last year

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Better than Nothing?

@ Flügel. Yeah, actually i wasnt the one who decided on the mouth, it was my friend on skype (shared screen) who told me to remake the lips since they looked too big in her opinion. Im going to work on it sometime this week, and itll be finished then.

@ Heyriel. Thank you.
    My art still needs fine tuning, and a style to be found.

Its actually like almost 1 and a half year of painting. out of all the paintings ive done 90% are here, in this thread. Kind of sad.

Here's a small update. Saw a manga image on someone's avatar about an hour ago, and i like the color combination, so i decided to sketch it down.

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sb! real potential in your work! especially liking your pencils and creativity! keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up A Long Time Ago

Been away for way too long, to finally come somewhere close home.

-Apologies for the rants, and ill try to keep it just barebones, but i feel like i need to defend my lazy absence-

My 2 first paintings for the year, and the only things i've actually drawn, i havent touched a pen or brush, or tablet since my last upload. Sadly, the more i look at what i do, the less i can stand it, and i think that's the reason. Or, it could be that i have been diagnosed with autism, which, in tandem with being told that im autistic savant.....well, it makes me less confident that my skills are my own and not just because i was born abit faulty. It kind of drains my energy.It feels weird and philosophical to always wonder if you are skilled because of your effort, or because of what you are. Predisposition, perhaps.

I quit my school and plan to go to classes to get enough points to study at a higher education level, but i want to be able to draw more often even as i brace myself to study. I do love my books, im just no good with -im not sure.

On topic of art. I can see these issues=
    *flatness, need to work on depth.
    *On my latest painting (its a full body, but ill only upload this part since im not sure about the positioning), I need to fix the eyes, the nose, the neck position (its too far back) and the arms. I feel so rusty.

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your color play. That's the first thing that stands out at me in your paintings. Welcome back by the way. I'm glad you recognized your weaknesses. That's the first step to getting better. I do the same thing as well. As far as your linework goes, try to avoid the scratchiness in your marks. Put down clean confident lines that are light. If something is off you can correct it without having a harsh line on the paper. Other than that i see great things for this sketchbook if you keep it up. Great work!

"Observing the world around me"

My Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...pper-(Updated)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh thank you. I didnt expect to get a reply today.

Thank you, i'm glad to be back, and hopefully longer, and more often. I'm very nervous nowadays (when its art), so my hands are even more shaky. I have this issue i think where, white paper scares me when it needs to be filled, if i dont go hard and fast then im too scared to draw, which leads to me having to do the lines over again (cause they were angled oddly because of the speed & the pen might break sometimes too). Its daunting.
    At the same time, if i go soft then i become less confident on what i want to draw. I run into those two problems a lot. But, i am working on fixing them, or trying to. Im glad you mentioned it. Ill visit your sketchbook and see if i can return the favour.

My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hear you on the white paper issue. I've learned to not expect much when drawing. I don't expect a good turn out or bad turn out. I treat it all as a learning experience. Don't put a limit on yourself or compare your works to others. Just be you. All your painting and drawing will pay off if you've done it enough and learn from around you. Thanks for the advice in my sketchbook. Have a great day.

"Observing the world around me"

My Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...pper-(Updated)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 10