Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LoudLikeNature sketchbook thing

Thanks

LoudLikeNature sketchbook thing

*New stuff at the bottom-everything else is 1 year plus-ish old*

Hi.Thought of finally joining this site to improve myself. I like painting and such. From sweden, 19 years old,and err,i started painting digitally around,i guess, Mars-April this year? Not sure on the specific date. Im's still abit afraid to post here, well,atleast in my own thread. Everyone is sooo talented!

I also have a Da: LoudLikeNature. But i dont get much use of it.

I would be really thankful if someone could give me tips, and critique and such.

I'll attach newest images on this post, you people can see whats new
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LoudLikeNature; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: updating , well, updates
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    some sketches of today. Have an itch to make something shaded more subtle.

Thanks

sketches

some sketches, some quick doodles i did on Sketchbook Mobile (iphone) and Colors (iphone free version-cant save stuff). And an oil painting for school.There's a thing i made as advertisment for my school. Its for the highschool/college fair.

Waiting for my macbook to arrive to start painting digitally again.

there's also some homestuck fanart, if anyone reads it.

*removed a painting an replaced it with another oil one that was just as old, just like 2 weeks newer and less ugly*
    Last edited by LoudLikeNature; August 20th, 2012 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks

forgot the monster

forgot the monster advertisment school thing

Thanks
    Hey! Welcome to CA!

I'm surprised no one has posted here yet.

Good work! You have a good start on painting, and I like your sketching style.

The only suggestions I would make are, try painting in greyscale, and loosen up on your linework.
    Painting in greyscale helps your brain learn about proper values, and lets it not worry about colors at the same time.
    I have problems with doing linework to tightly. It makes one's lines look scratchy and stiff.
    I have been learning that for nice long strokes especially, it is a good idea to draw from the shoulder/elbow.
    It takes a while to learn how to control it, and I don't fully understand it yet either.

Good luck though, keep up the good work, and keep coming back here!

Thanks

OHGODACOMMENT

THANK YOU!! i wasn't sure i was even posting stuff correctly.

Also thank you on the suggestions, i rarely get constructive criticism.

Hmm, about painting. I don't really paint much in grayscale because i have no clue how to color it in photoshop, so i just go with colors to start off. I have like maybe 2 grayscale stuff on my Da. Which is also LoudLikeNature.

Not much of my stuff is more than quick doodles, done on the buss/train. So my linework, is indeed, very sloppy! i kind of hurry it up, and try to wrap it up instead of taking the time to make it neat. Now that you mention it, ill take more attention to it! Hmm,yeah, def see that it needs to be more loose. Im flipping through my sketchpages now. haha! : )

Also, a sketch

Thanks
    Nice work. Try drawing with lines of action and look for shapes in a picture, model or anything to bring out the life and appeal. Keep up the work and you'll be awesome in no time.

Thanks

hi!

thank you I would love to be awesome one day,but i doubt it. My stuff is too messy and crude ):

Also, at the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, after a google search or two. what's a line of action? I just got a search result of a game by some guy called Claude Soucie.
    My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

Thanks
    check this out..you'll get the idea! http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2006/...5-line-of.html

good start btw!

Thanks

thank you-also,update

Thanks you! *reads it* Ooh, i wonder how i can incorporate it into my sketching, looks abit tough. I'm used to just sketch a random body part and work from there, and see if it becomes human/animal or inanimate.

Also, i updated this thread with new art hours ago, but conceptart seems to have lost my post, because it never appeared. I'll try to rewrite it.

Some doodles: Homestuck, and then some doctor who portraits. 2 years since my last pencil portrait. The doctor turned out abit faulty. I basically looped the scene, because the music was so good. the song was called, i think, the melody of river song.

last sketches,are from imagination l:

Some questions for anyone who could be nice enought answer. browsing here, i found that people mention something called Chow and Bridgeman alot. Is it a style or something else,or? thanks in advance : )
    My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

Thanks
    Heyya again! Glad to see people are posting here now!

Thanks for your post on my sketchbook, and your suggestions,
    I used them in the final illustration. It helped a lot!

I saw you say that you didn't know how to apply color over greyscale in photoshop. There are several ways you can do it.

The easiest way is to use the color layer style.
    If you look at your layers box,
    you will see a little drop down menu at the top of it.
    It will say normal in it. If you click on that,
    there are a bunch of different ways that you can have photoshop interpret your layers.

If you select Color, photoshop will take whatever is on that color layer and apply the color to anything underneath,
    but it will not apply the darkness value. So it is perfect to use over greyscale!

Other layers that can be used are overlay layers, multiply layers, and the different light layers.

These layers are all really powerful, I suggest you play with each for a while and discover their strengths and weaknesses.

In this video Feng Zhu uses different layers to color with. Watch it if you want to get an idea of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Cf8...el_video_title

This is just a general good site for art and digital painting.

http://www.ctrlpaint.com/digital-painting-101/

Sorry for spamming your sb, hope some of this is useful!

Keep working hard, and well!

Thanks

update.

first painting is a painted sketch of a pencil sketch on my sketchbook, its a bit higher up. Photoshop crashed several times during the process, costing me time. Thanks to that i hurried up the claws/arms, and didn't put in the time for them. I didn't paint the feathers on the white head things.

Second one is a painting i did without using opacity, i want to try painting with thick, greasy strokes.

I think i've found my painting style. I like to focus on both soft, and hard edges. the crispier, the better. So i play around with sharp edges a lot, and i think it gives a kind of striking impression.

I have some pencil sketches, too...but my macbook has 23 minutes of battery time left so, i won't bother uploading now. They weren't too good either.
    My sketchthing
    -------

Thanks

Update.

Some photoshop doodles.

I did the one in grayscale in color originally, but i used too many colors for the skin, so it turned a bit ugly. I converted it to grayscale via desaturation option in ps, and then i continued on grayscale and fixed some stuff, like shadow etc. Im not really fond of it.

Second one i did,like,now. A bit more than an hour painting, hour and a half, i think. I like the colors, red, brown, black, and blue. Oh and purple.
    My sketchthing
    -------

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast