Art: Simple Animation Project $$ need help

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Simple Animation Project $$ need help

Ok what I need: Someone whom can refine some simple character sketches that I have of a cartoon animals. I have a script and need to put together a small 2 minute trailer (animation) simple.

What I am looking to do:
    I eventually would like to pitch my cartoon idea to networks, however I would like to put a 2 minute trailer of my characters on Kickstarter to generate money to pay an artist and/or animator (they require me to have a small trailer.

What I offer:

I can pay you what you think it would cost to create a simple animation trailer (though this would go to the lowest bidder)

or

I can sign a contract with you and give you a percentage of what the ad on Kickstarter brings in. For instance..Kick starter generates $30k I can pay you 10% or more depending on the quality of work that you are willing to do for free just until it generates money.
    if you are unfamiliar with Kickstarter please take a look at the site. I need an animator to get approved. Please contact me @ nytwriter@hotmail.com for more details.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby1411 View Post
    Ok what I need: Someone whom can refine some simple character sketches that I have of a cartoon animals. I have a script and need to put together a small 2 minute trailer (animation) simple.

What I am looking to do:
    I eventually would like to pitch my cartoon idea to networks, however I would like to put a 2 minute trailer of my characters on Kickstarter to generate money to pay an artist and/or animator (they require me to have a small trailer.

What I offer:

I can pay you what you think it would cost to create a simple animation trailer (though this would go to the lowest bidder)

or

I can sign a contract with you and give you a percentage of what the ad on Kickstarter brings in. For instance..Kick starter generates $30k I can pay you 10% or more depending on the quality of work that you are willing to do for free just until it generates money.
    if you are unfamiliar with Kickstarter please take a look at the site. I need an animator to get approved. Please contact me @ nytwriter@hotmail.com for more details.

Seriously? You think 2 minutes of animation is worth only 10% of the money you bring on? Do you have any clue about how time consuming animation is? Let me put it to you this way. it can take 4 to 6 weeks to complete the storyboards for an 11 minute episode. That doesn't include revisions or story changes. Students will often spend an entire semester working on an animated short. (30-90 seconds is usually the recommended time.)

Let's take a look at that. 10% of 30k would be 3k. Right. Okay. Have you looked at what the union minimums are for animators? That's a week and a half, maybe two. http://animationguild.org

So...back to doing a two minute short in a semester. A semester is 16 weeks long at a State University, so let's go with that. 3k/16=187.5 per week, which works out to......

4.69 an hour. Less than the federal minimum wage. Any further comments?

Go here:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=228331

And by the way? If you still want to post this ad, you are in the wrong part of the site. Go here: http://jobs.conceptart.org/

Also, are you sure they require an animated trailer?

Last edited by Alice Herring; September 12th, 2011 at 06:10 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice Herring For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Be nice Rabbit! Let the bidding start! I'll create 2 minutes of animation for you including Direction,storyboards, animation, color, but no sound design or fx for $15,000.

-start a revolution.

AnimationSamurai.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.