Character of the Week #261
Count of Monte Cristo
-Design the Count of Monte Cristo-
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
This is quite self explanatory, this topic requires you to design the main character of Alexander Duma's book Count of Monte Cristo. For everyone not familiar with the book or the character, he is a soon-to-be captain of a fine ship and is wrongly accused of crimes he did not committ and is prisoned in a high security prison. He spends 14 years of his life behind the bars in a cold, damp cell, plotting for escape and revence. He finally succeeds to escape, and on his way from the prison island he stumbles upon a hidden treasure and becomes a very healthy man with a new identity. He then starts acting out his plots for revence for every man resposible for all the wrongs he has suffered. All this in greater detail in the book of course and in couple movies as well. Also i suggest checking out the [IMG]Wikipedia page[/IMG]
- Era and style is early 19th century, located in france
- no scifi, no fantasy
- Can be only male (isnt it obvious?)
- Stick to the given topic and keep everything provided in mind when making the design as believable as possible, just for the respect to the book!
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#259_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow259final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!