School of Visual Arts
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

School of Visual Arts

Hello I am new here on CA, but a teacher recommended me to this site.

Anyways my question is can someone tell me about the school of visual arts I am attending in the spring and my parents don't really think the right choice. I am going into the computer animation major. I would like to know what are the success rates of students, do you enjoy the school how are the teachers. Any information is good information to me. And I figure that New York would be a good place because I could start to make connections and such but it is pretty expensive to live in new york. So preferably current students or alumni tell me is it worth it to spend my next four years here.

Thank you all for your help in advance

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SVA has great rep for what you want

SVA has a very strong reputation for what you want. In fact, I think it was Digital Age magazine that rated SVA among the top animation schools in the US. U. S. News rated them among the top 10 programs in multimedia.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    What are your parents' objections? What would they prefer you do? I take it you're not a New Yorker, were are you coming from?
    To answer some of your question specifically, SVA's computer animation/SPFX department is fairly small, and they seem to have a pretty good placement rate. I'm a former student and a current faculty member, but in the illustration department, so I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the program.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am going out of state from Florida, though they prefer for me to stay home at a community college because they think that its not worth the money for me to go into something that they think I am not guaranteed a job in after I graduate. and they think that i will go into massive amounts of debt because of that.

I have also tried talking to other schools likeRingling, and Full Sail but they both are saying that their programs are full and they aren't accepting for the spring semester, while SVA is offering me a spot in their CA department for the spring

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there is also daves school in florida. its a 3d school i think they also teach animation im not sure. just google daves school of entertainment or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.